Boxboro 2017 NES Meetup?

Anyone going to "New England's Premier Amateur Radio Convention" on September 8, 9, and 10th in Boxborough, MA?

Interested in a breakfast or lunch meet and greet on Sat or Sun?

I am planning on making the trip again this year.
Last year I had just passed the Tech and was looking for my first radio.
I would be interested in a meet up.

They usually have a grill going outside at lunch. That may be a place to meet.

I'll be the older, balding, heavyweight guy in a blue plaid shirt and Khaki shorts. Oh wait, its a ham convention. [rofl] I'll add a tan GOAL baseball cap.

I'll also be around the "CMARA" RV often. Just look for the tower...

Well I'm not sure if anyone was able to meet up today but the restaurant in the hotel was a shit show. They had no idea how to wait on a crowd. Either way I passed my tech 35/35 I should have taken my general but they didn't say they had it. Now it's time to buy a radio.

Well I'm not sure if anyone was able to meet up today but the restaurant in the hotel was a shit show. They had no idea how to wait on a crowd. Either way I passed my tech 35/35 I should have taken my general but they didn't say they had it. Now it's time to buy a radio.

I passed too. Zero wrong, I did take the general after and bombed it bad. One guy took it with me and passed it but he studied for it.

I passed too. Zero wrong, I did take the general after and bombed it bad. One guy took it with me and passed it but he studied for it.

I was rooting for you to pass the General though [smile]

I had 35/35 on the Tech, then only missed 3 on the General.

Congrats to You and Flippedr6 on passing the Tech!!

Did you guys do the tech in a day course or just went and took the test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech in a Day course for me. I am guessing that gulfmp was the other one who took the General in that group.

Last edited:
I was expecting at least some of the same kind of questions on the general that were on the tech. But no such luck. I would have stayed to watch you take the extra but they couldn't talk you into it.
Now that I know the system-memorize, don't learn I will study the general questions and take it soon. I want to be part of the NES HF net!

- - - Updated - - -

Now the hard part...what to buy for a radio that my simple mind can program and use!

Cam in about 10:30 - passed tech - after 35+ years since getting General license (and letting it expire) walked and took it. Thanks for the info

Cam in about 10:30 - passed tech - after 35+ years since getting General license (and letting it expire) walked and took it. Thanks for the info

If your old call is still available, apply for the vanity and try to reclaim it. A friend of mine did that and got it back.

Back
Top Bottom