Box of 9mm $38?

Today I went to a gun shop and asked if they had any 9mm which they usually do. (Not a ton but usually some)

They said, yes but only one kind and it's $38 a box. (of 50)

No way I thought.
An older gentleman with a Vet's hat was there as well and we looked at each other in disbelief.

Sure enough there was some Remington 9mm FMJ labeled $38 and change.

Am I missing something? Does Remington make some sort of super match grade 9mm FMJ that justifies this cost?

I didn't look too long at the box out of fear I would vomit.

I ended up picking up a box of .22 BB for an air pistol. That only cost me $10 for 500rds :)

lame.

Defensive ammo is through the roof more than normal, but if I read that right you were looking at target rounds?

Your right on, Underwhere!

With ammo so high you can get plenty of trigger time with air pistols. Some like the Beeman P1 even have some kick. Anyway if you're interested in some nice air pistols take a look here: http://www.straightshooters.com/navagationpages/pistolselections.html

Great outfit to do business with too. They're kinda the FS of airguns. They will talk to you and help you choose just the right one. They have nice rifles too.

Edit: And, you can shoot in your yard(some towns) or basement.

Last edited:

With ammo so high you can get plenty of trigger time with air pistols. Some like the Beeman P1 even have some kick. Anyway if you're interested in some nice air pistols take a look here: http://www.straightshooters.com/navagationpages/pistolselections.html

Great outfit to do business with too. They're kinda the FS of airguns. They will talk to you and help you choose just the right one. They have nice rifles too.

Edit: And, you canshoot in your yard(some places) or basement.

You can get even more trigger time if you learn to reload. Around $5 for box of 50.

that got to be some type of error no way could someone ould weven think that somebody would pay that

"cheaper than dirt" is selling 50 round boxes of american eagle for right about $30.

i hope the supply catches up soon... this is nuts.

"cheaper than dirt" is selling 50 round boxes of american eagle for right about $30.

i hope the supply catches up soon... this is nuts.

I just a paid 12.47 for the same thing a week ago I would rather have diarreha at the beach and then slam my pecker in a car door than pay over 15.00 for 50 rounds of 9mm target ammo

I'll just keep buying Blazer Brass at Wallyworld for $8.97 when its available. Reloads are even cheaper. it costs me about $6 to load 50.

I'll just keep buying Blazer Brass at Wallyworld for $8.97 when its available. Reloads are even cheaper. it costs me about $6 to load 50.

I buy the same blazer when i see it you can't beat the price and I have never had a problem with it

With defensive ammo so expensive now (yes I paid $16 for 6 rounds of Glaser and $29 for 20 rounds of Corbon), if I was getting mugged and only had $5-$10 in my wallet and $15 of Federal Hydra-shok in my pistol...might be cost effective to hand over the cash. :)

but if I read that right you were looking at target rounds?

They weren't defensive rounds. I opened up the box and looked just to make sure. FMJ.

Edit: And, you can shoot in your yard(some towns) or basement.

Actually I was over my girlfriend's parents house last weekend and they told me they "found" a gun. It was her grandfather's air pistol. (Benjamin Air 132).

My girlfriend hates guns but since it was her grandfathers she wants to learn how to shoot it. I had to pick up some .22 pellets.

You can get even more trigger time if you learn to reload. Around $5 for box of 50.

I have a Dillon 650 and still trying to collect all the ammo components to reload. A gracious shooter on this board is going to show me the ropes this Saturday but I have IDPA state championships on Sunday morning. I don't have the time to experiment so I needed to pick up some factory loads.

I just a paid 12.47 for the same thing a week ago I would rather have diarreha at the beach and then slam my pecker in a car door than pay over 15.00 for 50 rounds of 9mm target ammo

I just paid 16.99 at Four Seasons. 2 box limit per person.

I was at a shop today... 50 rounds of Federal AE- I think they were $16.

Dave what shop? Do they have 147 grain?

This ammo shortage sucks. Think what you want but I am pretty sure some of the local dealers are starting to gouge people and cash in on the hysteria. Went to the the same local dealer 2 days in a row buying the same ammo from the same box. First day price was fair, second day go back after a day at the range and just want to replace what I shot and grab a few boxes from the EXACT same case that I took from the day before only get to the register and oh yeah it only rings up 30% more or so from 24 hours ago. When I asked I was told that ammo prices are crazy and that said dealer cant even buy that ammo for what I claim to have paid for it the day before. Forget handgun ammo it is a sad sad day when junk ass chinese 7.62x39 ammo starts looking like a bargain at almost $10 a box

Bass pro in foxboro had a decent amount of winchester white box 9mm for $12.99 for 50 rounds. I picked it up yesterday, they are prob sold out by now.

Bass pro in foxboro had a decent amount of winchester white box 9mm for $12.99 for 50 rounds. I picked it up yesterday, they are prob sold out by now.

I went there yesterday. They must have just got the shipment because a guy was putting them on the shelves. I got 2K of the WWB. The clerk asked why i didn't buy all the 50 round packs too, I just laughed. He said they would all be gone in about a day or so.

I went there yesterday. They must have just got the shipment because a guy was putting them on the shelves. I got 2K of the WWB. The clerk asked why i didn't buy all the 50 round packs too, I just laughed. He said they would all be gone in about a day or so.

I bought 5 of those 50ct 9mm boxes you left behind, God bless you. The 55gr. .223 were 9.99 a box I grabbed the last 5 of those but there was plenty left of 45 gr. (megabox)and 50 gr (20 count). I forgot how much I paid for the S&W 250 ct. megabox of .40 but I think it was about $80- This was the first 40 at an affordable price I have seen in a couple of months. That was the last box of .40

Exactly what I do. Get 6 boxes of blazer every week between two locations. Dartmouth had tons of ammo this last week. 85+ boxes of .40 and 9mm.[smile]

Same here.....I go once a week to WM and they usually have one of the big three calibers so i pick up a few boxes.....NFW I'm gonna pay a premium when the commodities to make ammo have dropped significantly.

This ammo shortage sucks. Think what you want but I am pretty sure some of the local dealers are starting to gouge people and cash in on the hysteria.

And that is exactly what we need to remember when things start to calm down and ammo becomes more readily available. There are one or two dealers who won't ever see me in their shop again as a result.

I bought 5 of those 50ct 9mm boxes you left behind, God bless you. The 55gr. .223 were 9.99 a box I grabbed the last 5 of those but there was plenty left of 45 gr. (megabox)and 50 gr (20 count). I forgot how much I paid for the S&W 250 ct. megabox of .40 but I think it was about $80- This was the first 40 at an affordable price I have seen in a couple of months. That was the last box of .40

I usually get all my stuff at walmart, and only buy six at a time. For whatever reason I asked what their limit was, The clerk said if I could carry it, I could buy it...I was like a kid in the candy store.

I didn't see the mega packs of .40 maybe they put those out after I left.

I hit the Walmart in Walpole today to see if they had anything (after 3-4 other trips where they had nothing) and they actually had some ammo! I bought a box of WW 9MM 100 count for $19.99ish and a box of Winchester 45 HP for $29ish. I left behind a 100 round box of 9MM for the next guy. Hopefully supply will catch up with demand and prices settle everywhere. I hope there's a surplus and bargains offered.

Just got back from my weekly trip....they had 2000 rnds of WWB 100 packs, 9mm in stock. 19.97 a box. They had one lone box of 40 and one box of 45.

First time in months they had all 3 calibers in stock at one time....

When I asked for one box the girl behind the counter says "you sure just one?" I'm like yeah, your right, I have to get at least a couple.....LOL!

Back
Top Bottom