• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BowTech Patriot

I’ve never bow hunted, or deer hunted at all for that matter. Next year I plan on getting out there and getting going. I’ve unfortunately inherited two bows from my father passing. One is a 2002 BowTech Patriot. It’s stripped clean and needs everything including a peep to shoot it. Is it worth setting up? I’ve been told anything over 10 years isn’t worth it? The bow seems mechanically sound and I honestly don’t think my dad ever used it. I think it just sat in the closet.

any favorite bow shops close to the Fitchburg/Littleton area?

I’ve never bow hunted, or deer hunted at all for that matter. Next year I plan on getting out there and getting going. I’ve unfortunately inherited two bows from my father passing. One is a 2002 BowTech Patriot. It’s stripped clean and needs everything including a peep to shoot it. Is it worth setting up? I’ve been told anything over 10 years isn’t worth it? The bow seems mechanically sound and I honestly don’t think my dad ever used it. I think it just sat in the closet.

any favorite bow shops close to the Fitchburg/Littleton area?

The patriot is definitely and older bow with older tech. But still a good starter bow. IF IT FITS YOU. Id recommend they go thru it and at the very least new string.

Odds are high it wont fit you and might need new cams to get to your draw length. Those would be very hard to find id expect for a 2002 bow. Most werent very adjustable back then and I cant remember if the Patriot was or not.

Honestly if it needs new cams for your DL
your better off getting one of the cheaper new bows than putting a bunch of money into a 100 dollar bow. Don’t expect much for sale or trade in.

Ill third the Pelletiers advice. Great people and too notch setup. No tax either. They will work with you.

Last edited:
The patriot is definitely and older bow with older tech. But still a good starter bow. IF IT FITS YOU. Id recommend they go thru it and at the very least new string.

Odds are high it wont fit you and might need new cams to get to your draw length. Those would be very hard to find id expect for a 2002 bow. Most werent very adjustable back then and I cant remember if the Patriot was or not.

Honestly if it needs new cams for your DL
your better off getting one of the cheaper new bows than putting a bunch of money into a 100 dollar bow. Don’t expect much for sale or trade in.

Ill third the Pelletiers advice. Great people and too notch setup. No tax either. They will work with you.
Appreciate the honesty. If I remember right it was 6-800$ when dad bough it in 2003 or so. But it’s old and that’s why I asked here. If it’s not worth it it’s not worth it. I’ll bring it up there next free weekend I get and see what they have to say

Appreciate the honesty. If I remember right it was 6-800$ when dad bough it in 2003 or so. But it’s old and that’s why I asked here. If it’s not worth it it’s not worth it. I’ll bring it up there next free weekend I get and see what they have to say

Back then probably 600 for a flagship bow. Now its 1k.

I usually buy mine as last years leftovers if i can find them and pay 650 or less.
My Bowtech BTX is 3 years old and probably worth $350. I paid $550 as a NIB leftover. I tend to keep them till they need a string and stuff then find a another newer tech leftover and trade the older one for 350. The BTX shoots lights out so its a keeper.

Its a big depreciating asset, as everyone wants new tech. Huge markup on Bows.

Back
Top Bottom