• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bowling Pin Shoot !

MRA this Sunday,
5 Pin set, shoot 6 tables and throw out the worst time.
357 Mag and up, sorry no 9mm's and no 45 ACP ball ammo.
Optics and iron classes.
Starts at 1:00 pm

MRA this Sunday,
5 Pin set, shoot 6 tables and throw out the worst time.
357 Mag and up, sorry no 9mm's and no 45 ACP ball ammo.
Optics and iron classes.
Starts at 1:00 pm
Dave,
Is this a 4 foot wide table and are Plated bllets allowed?

Respectfully,
jkelly

Ball ammo, especially 45 ACP, has a tendency to bounce back off a hard bowling pin or the table. Most factory FMJ manufactured today has an exposed lead back, which is fine. Unfortunately, one would have to pull the head to confirm that this is the case.

Thanks for running the Bowling Pin match today, I enjoyed shooting it! I'm thinking that Dave P. fella might have a future in this sort of shooting. [wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

He's one of the best shooters out there... and he still finds time to talk with himself during the LAMR commands and during the COFs! :)

I'm so humbled.....but I'm sure it will pass (until hdgun or a couple others chime in [smile])
Shooting pins yesterday was a blast, too bad the snow kept so many away,
it was a blast from the past and I miss those old days and the folks.
Hopefully Massman can schedule another one.
I hope to have some vid's posted later this week, keep you posted.

Had fun as well. It has been a long time (3 yrs) since we did pins. It didn't take to long to remember how tough that game is.

Best part was 10mmDave letting me drive the 6" 44mag on a table with factory ammo after the match was over. NICE!

"As an FYI - I believe 10mmdave still holds the world record in pin shooting.
Others can give details.. "

Sounds impressive...any details??
Thanks,
TomC

"As an FYI - I believe 10mmdave still holds the world record in pin shooting.
Others can give details.. "

Sounds impressive...any details??
Thanks,
TomC
Only semi-impressive, done back when I was much younger and could see
what I was doing (think I had more hair back then too [shocked])

No videos?

Sorry on the video delay, computer had a brain fart over the weekend,
just got it back up last night. Some vids are on my Utube page, look for "10mmdave"
or "MRA 12-20-09".
Hope label and download the rest tonight.

Vid's finally up !

Look for "10mmdave" or "MRA 12-20-09" on Youtube
Not all of them, and more of me than I like but I had to
show the bad and the good.

If you see a vid of yourself you don't want on there let me know,
I'll remove it.

Guys, it doesn't matter how good you are. Everybody starts somewhere. The important thing (and the only thing anybody really cares about) is that you handle your firearm safely at the matches. You learn so much by shooting the matches. You shoud come out and give it a try. Don't worry about embarrassing yourself. Worry about having a good time! [wink]

When I started shooting matches I could barely hit the broad side of a barn with a pistol. I learned (and am still learning) from all the great shooters I have met over the years. You can learn a little something from everyone and the learning never stops. Thats my attitude about competitive shooting.

Last edited:
I would like shoot at your event(s) but I like to use my 9mm

As JKelly stated, you can use your 9mm at the MRA steel shoots but not for our bowling pin shoots.
You can see in the vids the type of tables we use, those pins have to go 3-3.5 feet to go off, we found
9mm's just knock them over and bounce bullets around the range (much like old 45 hardball does)

MRA doesn't run as many pin shoots but they do run a bunch of steel shoots, get yourself a min of 100
rnds, 4 or 5 mags (max in the gun is 10 rnds) and your all set.
Don't forget a bag or something to carry your gun to the line, a holster works to but not req'd.

Back
Top Bottom