Bowling Pin Shoot Sunday August 31st.

There will be a bowling pin match held at Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club in Rhode Island this Sunday August 31st for those of you looking for something to do on a fifth Sunday. I know it's also a holiday weekend but we're going to have a match anyway for those of you who might not have any plans.
The club is located in the northwest corner of the state and is right over the border from Mass and only minutes from Ct.
If you need directions you will find them at www.wallumlakerodgun.com.
There will be 3 classes, stock auto, stock revolver and open. The cost is only $5.00 per gun and you can enter all three if you wish. Each shooter will go up against 5 other shooters in each class entered so there is the potential for a lot of shooting.
Come on down and have some fun if you can.

Kimber45

http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/statutes/title11/11-47/11-47-10.HTM

§ 11-47-10 License or permit not required to carry to target range. – No license or permit shall be required for the purpose of carrying or transporting any pistol or revolver from one's home or place of business to a bona fide target practice range, nor from a bona fide target practice range to one's home or place of business, to engage in any shoot meet, or practice, provided that the pistol or revolver is broken down, unloaded and carried as openly as circumstances will permit, or provided that the pistols or revolvers are unloaded and secured in a separate container suitable for the purpose.

I'll be there. Although I'll be leaving the 9mm at home. I haven't shot my S&W 625 Revo in a while so that and my .40 cal SVI will be making the trip.

See you guys Sunday. If any of you are coming lets be sure to identify ourselves so we can figure out who everyone is. I'll be easy to identify as I will be the one whooping up on Kimber45!!! :)

-Cuz.

Oh man Cuz, that's just cruel. If I were any less a man I would post your time and mine from "Walls of Steel" here for all to see but.....I'm better than that.(lol) Not really but it sounded good.
See you Sunday bro.

Kimber45

Oh man Cuz, that's just cruel. If I were any less a man I would post your time and mine from "Walls of Steel" here for all to see but.....I'm better than that.(lol) Not really but it sounded good.
See you Sunday bro.
Kimber45

Ha, I thought that would get you. I'm sure you beat me pretty good at the Walls of Steel match, even with your gun problems. And I don't have any excuses as I actually shot a pretty clean match. You've won the last few times we've shot steel, so I'm hoping my luck will be better with pins.

Let me give you a tip, for shooting pins, you actually have to put some powder in your ammo load. Primers alone won't do it...

Boy, I sure hope I don't suck too bad on Sunday. I'll never hear the end of it...

:)
-Cuz.

We start shooting at 10:00 and we ask that you get there for 9:30 to register. Hope to see you there.
Kimber45

What's the format? Is it man vs man w/relay system, or is this timer based?

-Mike

What's the format? Is it man vs man w/relay system, or is this timer based?
-Mike

Mike,
Normally the format is man vs. man. There is a "semi-random" match-up method. No matter what, you will get to compete 5 times for your money. After everyone's gone 5 times the ones with the most wins will win. In case of ties you will shoot either against the person you are tied with to determine a winner, or if there's more than a couple you would shoot against a timer to determine a winner. I say "semi-random" match-up because as you progress thru your matches they try to make the winners shoot against the winners to try and even out the competition. It's a lot of fun and for $5 you get to actually win a few bucks back. Bring multiple guns and enter multiple divisions.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Cuz.

Are S&W 460's w/Hornady 200 gr. SST/FFT's allowed? Does the fire dept. need to be called in advance? [rofl]
Ray,
I for one would like to see what that would do to a bowling pin. I bet the recoil would be pretty stiff. I'll just settle for my trusty Speer 180 gr Gold Dot HP's in 40 cal. I've decided to leave the SVI at home and shoot the Glock instead. I don't know why, but I always end up coming back to the Glocks. I wonder if they make a revolver...

-Cuz.

Ray, I for one would like to see what that would do to a bowling pin. I bet the recoil would be pretty stiff. I'll just settle for my trusty Speer 180 gr Gold Dot HP's in 40 cal. I've decided to leave the SVI at home and shoot the Glock instead. I don't know why, but I always end up coming back to the Glocks. I wonder if they make a revolver... -Cuz.
Grin, more than likely I'll just use standard .45 ACP. Still have some IMI stuff from the 80's. BUT, it would be a riot just to see what the .460 would do. Have one in 5"...the last inch is the compensator...and it does have a healthy kick. Of course, there's no such thing as speedloaders for the item, so all rounds would have to be loose and loaded from the table. Still.....just for chucks....[rofl]

Is this the club on 200 Brook Road in Harrisville? I tried to go the web site
to get directions but it says "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded".

Strongly thinking about coming at this point, though... seems like it should
be fun. As long as I can find some ammo around here... [grin]

-Mike

Pin Match

I was in the hospital after a bike accident. No pin shooting for me until next Summer!

Good show 8-31, Kimber45. Is the plan to shoot pins still on for this Sunday, 9-14? I plan to come again if it doesn't rain too hard. Do you have provisions for covering the shooting stations if it pours? Your's was the best pin shoot I've been to this year. Liked the stop plates best.

For all you computer guys who know about such things: I need suggestions for a wireless internet devise (handheld). I have been off line for 2 months because of tech problems with my location out in the woods. Long story. Have stopped my Verizon account. Currently typing in a public library with a bunch of game-playing kids circled around me. Not my environment. If anyone has had a very good experience with an I-phone or similar toy, please let me know how you think I should go (not where, how) for wireless internet. Thanks, SA John

9x21 and Round Gun Guy; you gotta come to Wallum Sunday. I think that's down in your neck of the woods. I don't go that far south very often so I'd hate to miss you.

SA John, thanks. We are planning to shoot bowling pins this coming Sunday, the 14th, at Wallum Lake. We do have canopies for the shooters and if it gets too bad we have the clubhouse.
All are welcome. We start shooting at 10:00 so be there for 9:30 for anyone who plans on coming.

Kimber45

We're having another pin shoot this coming Sunday, October 4th. at Wallum Lake for those interested. Match starts at 10:00, four divisions and $5 per gun. Five pins and a stop plate and each shooter goes to the line five times with each gun. Come on down weather permitting. This past Sunday was an obvious washout. My trigger finger is getting itchy.

Kimber45: Sunday is the 5th. (I think) Regardless, you do mean Sunday, right? I'll be there and I'll try to drag some of the guys I shoot with up North with me. This time I'll bring the SA revolver instead of the DA gun. DA's a bit faster but I don't shoot it as well. For those who have never seen a cowboy gun in a pin shoot, come on down. Can't promise I'll win with it, but I sure won't be last either. One way or another, it's always good for a yuck.

If you are new to pins, Wallum puts on the best pin shoots I've ever attended, and I go all over New England. Should be good weather per early forcasts. Looking forward.

SA John

Back
Top Bottom