• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bow sight question

At full draw, I can see all my pins, but don't see much of the sight ring at all.
I feel I shoot fine like this, but I'm thinking I might get better if I can see the ring also.

What do you see through your peep, pins only, or pins and the ring.

At full draw, I can see all my pins, but don't see much of the sight ring at all.
I feel I shoot fine like this, but I'm thinking I might get better if I can see the ring also.

What do you see through your peep, pins only, or pins and the ring.

That's what I've got for a setup. I use a large peep for hunting, as it allows more light in. Using a natural draw & anchor point, I've got no issue with accuracy.

It depends on the size of your peep sight and how far it is away from your eye.

Most likely it is probably too small of a peep. Ideally you should be able to see the whole sight ring. You should center the sight ring in the peep and then pick a pin to shoot with.

The other possibility is if your draw length is too short it could keep the peep too far away from your eye making your field of view smaller.

Keep in mind the reason that most bow sights have a luminescent outer ring around them so that you can clearly make out the ring of the sight as you are looking through your peep in low light conditions. Seeing, and centering, the ring aids in sight alignment

Bob

Back
Top Bottom