• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bow Season Progess?

@ 4:42 saw 2 bucks chase 2 -3 does about 110 yrds out after the does ran back into the woods the bucks started fighting ...one of the cooler things iv seen ...ever

Thx guys. Blessed with a very good year for me. My 12 yo got his first deer with bow in ct and rifle in vt as well
asyjupa6.jpg

Here he is with his doe. 230 yard shot with a .243 in a 10mph crosswind using a barbed wire fence as a rest. I wouldnt have bet my paycheck on that shot....but he did it.

The look on his face speaks volumes! Congratulations to him. Nice job, dad.

Thats awsome Mark. Next time bet your paycheck lol.

Augustus that is something ive never gotten to see myself . Must have neen a pretty frickin cool sight.

amubysyh.jpg

Just shot this old boy tonight. 218 pounds dressed.

Nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Thx guys. Blessed with a very good year for me. My 12 yo got his first deer with bow in ct and rifle in vt as well
asyjupa6.jpg

Here he is with his doe. 230 yard shot with a .243 in a 10mph crosswind using a barbed wire fence as a rest. I wouldnt have bet my paycheck on that shot....but he did it.

Awesome!

Sitting near my house had doe come in. Waited a while two bucks came in. Forkie and a bigger rack too far out to see. They had that doe all cornered. Looks like the chase phase is on. Seems late. But thats what im seeing. MiddAy movement too. But i see that with new and full moon alot

I just had 2 young bucks walk behind me. I had a shot on the smallest one but didn't take it because I thought the bigger one would present. Never did. Looks like I'm going home empty handed today now.

Was back home where I grew up today visiting my family. Stopped to get gas and saw this in the parking lot...[thinking] You gotta do what you gotta do to get the meat home! Nice looking Buck though to say the least [laugh]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

went out today and hunted on my grandpa's land, saw nothing but had so many opportunities to pop a turkey. Why couldn't turkey season last until december?

Also froze my ass off and saw the back of my eyelids quite a bit.

Was back home where I grew up today visiting my family. Stopped to get gas and saw this in the parking lot...[thinking] You gotta do what you gotta do to get the meat home! Nice looking Buck though to say the least [laugh]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is true but the open cavity picks up the nasties from the road.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

I saw my big 8 pointer tuesday had him at 60 yards then at 40. I did not feel comfortabe taking the shot. Im sure I will see him again I hope soo, all I have now are buck tags.

I saw my big 8 pointer tuesday had him at 60 yards then at 40. I did not feel comfortabe taking the shot. Im sure I will see him again I hope soo, all I have now are buck tags.

I commend you for knowing your limitations. You will see him again, hope it is tracking a blood trail.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

went out today and hunted on my grandpa's land, saw nothing but had so many opportunities to pop a turkey. Why couldn't turkey season last until december?

Also froze my ass off and saw the back of my eyelids quite a bit.
Was out in a new area tonight and had the same issue. Had 2 turkey sandwiches before I went for afternoon hunt. Worse yet was I misplaced my footing and my left knee looks like a clown ballon and hurts like hell. Doing the ice and heat thing now and will wrap the crap out of it cause I will not stop hunting this year until after muzzle Loader. I can just walk into the woods slower and maybe not as far.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like some nice tender venison to me..Grats

Back
Top Bottom