• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bow Season Progess?

Not to drag you guys down but the string/jacket, arrow/branch crap shouldn't be an issue. Doesn't anybody practice shooting with their full complement of clothing on any more? 3D shoots are where you figure this sh!t out. Don't post rookie mistakes aand take credit for it, say a friend did it. [hmmm]

And if there is any doubt you can make a solid boiler room hit, pass on the shot. Letting wounded deer suffer is a sin.

Flame on. Sorry to troll the thread.
-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

When you aim for the boiler room and you watch a deflection turn the arrow at an angle that skims the shoulder, there is no excuse, it is a reason and the bent branches that are 1/4 inch wide just don't show up in a site when you are 20 feet in atree after a hurricane. As for the jacket stuff, that has never happened to me even in practice and I do practice in my stand. I think that happensbwhen your draw is setup too long for your arms. My hold arm is always bent at the elbow. There is no way a jacket could hit and that is with my long arms with a 32 inch draw setup. So I agree there.

Not to drag you guys down but the string/jacket, arrow/branch crap shouldn't be an issue. Doesn't anybody practice shooting with their full complement of clothing on any more? 3D shoots are where you figure this sh!t out. Don't post rookie mistakes aand take credit for it, say a friend did it. [hmmm]

And if there is any doubt you can make a solid boiler room hit, pass on the shot. Letting wounded deer suffer is a sin.

Flame on. Sorry to troll the thread.

How many have you got his year?

When you aim for the boiler room and you watch a deflection turn the arrow at an angle that skims the shoulder, there is no excuse, it is a reason and the bent branches that are 1/4 inch wide just don't show up in a site when you are 20 feet in atree after a hurricane. As for the jacket stuff, that has never happened to me even in practice and I do practice in my stand. I think that happensbwhen your draw is setup too long for your arms. My hold arm is always bent at the elbow. There is no way a jacket could hit and that is with my long arms with a 32 inch draw setup. So I agree there.

I did not say my sleeve got caught in the string. My jacket was unzippered ad thats what got in the string. Ive let plenty of deer walk so far. But I think I will start filling tags before shotgun.

How many have you got his year?

None. No time. But, I would cut the vanes from successive arrows at 30yds all day long when I was hunting. Now, I'm too fat to hunt.

If you know someone left handed who is looking for a 70lb recurve with hunting setup send me a PM.

Saw about 8 deer tonight even that 7 pointer again. But he would not come over and play. I just ended up taking one of the many does. No rookie mistakes today?
untitled332.png

Last edited:
Lol 2 blade rage. The last 3 that I have shot have not gone more the 25 30 yards. That one went trough the lungs came through the other side through the leg. Shot placement helps. She was maybe 8 yards from me and the arrow went at quite a downward angle.

That camera is at the bottom of my stand . Ive seen alot of action this week. This guy makes the 7 pointer I missed look like a baby. His neck is huge and so it the rest of him very healthy.

Had a beautiful forked horn come in on me tonight. No good shot. He will be mine next week.

Sent from my mobile device.

my friend and i had 3 bucks two spikes and a 4 point all around 30-50 yards away and two guys on horseback came and spooked them with 15 mins of light left ... unfrickenreal

I had three doe walk in on me at about 6:50am on saturday right around 30yds. I didnt have a clean shot. Just seeing them come that close being my first year seriously hunting alone was a thrill. I cant wait to break the ice though!

Had 2 does under me this morn in a new stand I hung on tuesday. Was hoping to have a buck follow them but no such luck. Might head out again this afternoon.

I'm seeing a lot more activity lately, with a fresh rub and multiple scrapes within 15 yards of one of my stands in the past week. The stand I just recently moved my camera away from.

Went out yesterday after the rain let up, to a stand I haven't been at all season. There was a vacant bed at the foot of a large Beech, within 25 yards of the stand. After setting up, and allowing some quiet time, I used a bleat can. A very deep grunt could be heard from some very thick lauel. I think the shifting wind did me in though, as that was the extent of the interaction.

Last week a saw a nice buck not far from my house. Today, just before sunset I saw him again on the aqueduct behind my house. This time he had a couple of does with him. Unfortunately, not an area I can hunt.

Thx guys. Blessed with a very good year for me. My 12 yo got his first deer with bow in ct and rifle in vt as well
asyjupa6.jpg

Here he is with his doe. 230 yard shot with a .243 in a 10mph crosswind using a barbed wire fence as a rest. I wouldnt have bet my paycheck on that shot....but he did it.

Back
Top Bottom