• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bow Season Progess?

Sat in the stand till noon, seen nothing....
Grabbed the boys for a late afternoon/evening sit in the blind.
Let them grunt, bleat, and rattle for a while. They had a blast!! Again seen nothing...
C163C907-05B1-4C0F-894C-CD17A6BBC74E-20948-00001E9BA665F714.jpg

Great pic Boxer. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Sat in the stand till noon, seen nothing....
Grabbed the boys for a late afternoon/evening sit in the blind.
Let them grunt, bleat, and rattle for a while. They had a blast!! Again seen nothing...

The best thing I've seen all day.

How old?
My 6 yo son doesnt have the inclination yet, but my 12yo daughter does.

I spent 12 hours in a stand today, but just saw a ton of squirrels and heard and owl mid day.

No slender footsteps for me.

Sent from my mobile device.

The best thing I've seen all day.

How old?
My 6 yo son doesnt have the inclination yet, but my 12yo daughter does.

I spent 12 hours in a stand today, but just saw a ton of squirrels and heard and owl mid day.

No slender footsteps for me.

My boys are 5 and 7. They did fine, just have to keep them occupied.
iPhone, iPod, coloring books, candy.

The only thing that sucks is hauling in so much gear, but that's just the nature of the beast I guess.

My boys are 5 and 7. They did fine, just have to keep them occupied.
iPhone, iPod, coloring books, candy.

The only thing that sucks is hauling in so much gear, but that's just the nature of the beast I guess.

Great job dad. You should be proud.

Maybe I'll try a big blind like that.

Thanks.

Honestly it fell into my lap via a customer of mine who no longer has the time to hunt. S#%t luck i guess. Haven't gotten anything yet though.

What stand is that?

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I had a field like that to hunt, all I have is crap thick woods

Crap thick woods? Welcome to New England! In the long run it will make you a better all around hunter. Deer hunting is not what you see on tv and read in magazines. Good luck!

Crap thick woods? Welcome to New England! In the long run it will make you a better all around hunter. Deer hunting is not what you see on tv and read in magazines. Good luck!

+1 im hunting that field for the first time and don't feel nearly a confident as i do in the thick stuff

The magnum stand is on sale at dicks for 50 right now and the steps are 30.

They also make the smaller stand for 35 on sale. It works fine for me really its big enough.

In my opinion the 20 foot sticks are the way to go. The 16 doesnt get u high enough. Though you have a lot of stick left above your stand. I usually like to only have a step or two so the platform is at least 18. If i need a hand hold i throw in a screw in or two.

Last edited:
The magnum stand is on sale at dicks for 50 right now and the steps are 30.

They also make the smaller stand for 35 on sale. It works fine for me really its big enough.

In my opinion the 20 foot sticks are the way to go. The 16 doesnt get u high enough. Though you have a lot of stick left above your stand. I usually like to only have a step or two so the platform is at least 18. If i need a hand hold i throw in a screw in or two.

Originally I wanted it a little higher, but behind me is a hill. I didn't want to be even height with the crest of the hill, stick height I'm about 16 feet but in front if me I'm about 18.

Four hours this AM. Three hens hung out under me and within 20 yards for about an hour or so, but no deer.

And I want a gobbler, not a hen, so I'll wait for my sammich maker. :)

Plans fell thru for work today .. posted up around noon till 7 .. the long shift with no deer. Lots of pheasant hunters blasting away ( they werent there when i got there) and then the local police had their fire arms training about 1/2 mile away across the land i was on .. i though that A the police practice all the time , the deer are maybe use to it ???) and B the pheasant hunters and dogs might push the deer around for me . I feel i lost in all venues ... Should i not have that thought again , honestly ?

Positive thinking can't hurt Augustus. If you think you got a good spot roll with it. I saw more deer on the way from work to my stand tonight than i did sitting for 2 hours. I saw zero in the stand lol. Hunt on guys

Originally I wanted it a little higher, but behind me is a hill. I didn't want to be even height with the crest of the hill, stick height I'm about 16 feet but in front if me I'm about 18.

See anything this week?

Good luck everyone. I'm thinking of you while I get this work project hammered out.

My time is coming soon.

See anything this week?

Good luck everyone. I'm thinking of you while I get this work project hammered out.

My time is coming soon.

Nothing but I'm
Moving my stand. Found out a buddy of mine set one 100 yards from me, however he is basically right in front of the funnel I'm using. So if he's in his stand it has to go past him to get to me. I'm gonna move it I just don't know where yet.

Plans fell thru for work today .. posted up around noon till 7 .. the long shift with no deer. Lots of pheasant hunters blasting away ( they werent there when i got there) and then the local police had their fire arms training about 1/2 mile away across the land i was on .. i though that A the police practice all the time , the deer are maybe use to it ???) and B the pheasant hunters and dogs might push the deer around for me . I feel i lost in all venues ... Should i not have that thought again , honestly ?

Sounds good in theory. Pheasant hunters make great pushers.

My hunting season has been a disaster this year has my wife has been on crutches since the beginning of September and I have about 10 or 12 hours in the woods since September 15th. With a little luck I will get out for a PM hunt on Saturday.

Bob

Got in the woods nice and early this morning. Needed to use a headlamp to find my way. It didn't help too much though. I got a little lost, and didn't find my stand until the sun was peeking out. Then I dropped my water bottle as I was unpacking my gear in the stand (decided it wasn't worth going back for). Saw a deer that was too far out for a shot, and only saw the back end of it. Started hearing some rustling around that sounded too loud to be a deer walking, but not loud enough to be a deer running away from something. A few seconds later I saw a coyote following one of the trails I set up off of, who was then followed by another. They were outside my range, so I had to settle with watching them and hoping they'd come a little closer. Never did though. Can doe urine attract them? I'd never seen them in this area before, so I wasn't sure if they were just around or I had bgrought them.

with this big storm coming in they are probably going to be trying to eat alot tonight and tomorrow no ? and hunker down during the winds .. i dont know if im brave enough to get in my climber in 40 + mph winds

Back
Top Bottom