Bound by Oath - Podcast on History of the Constitution

BOUND BY OATH PODCAST
A documentary-style podcast series taking a close look at the history of the Constitution. In our first season, the dramatic story of the 14th Amendment.

Brought to you by the Institute for Justice

I listened to the first episode (BEFORE THE 14TH: JOHN ROCK AND THE BIRTH OF BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP) this morning.

Highly recommended.

I can't seem to subscribe to their podcast from within my Plex server. Even using their own URLs didn't work :( If I add it to Plex I can stream it literally anywhere.

So where are all the 14th amendment gun cases? There are always people who get fouled up crossing over state lines with guns even though they have legitimate licenses in their home states, or people who transport a magazine across state lines, or people who are charged with possession of an assault weapon, etc etc. There are a lot of good people who get jammed up and I rarely see a federal case. Maybe if we can win some of these cases it would bolster the idea that national reciprocity is part of guaranteed rights under the 14th amendment.

Season 2 Episode 1 is now available: They’re Going to Kill This Man. "On Season 2 of Bound By Oath, we’ll explore why it is so hard to sue government officials who violate the Constitution." In other words, where there's a right there is [should be] a remedy. The episode focuses on Brownback v. King. Trigger warning: The facts of this case, like many others, are pretty outrageous.

IJ hits it out of the park again. Oral arguments in Brownback v. King, the subject of this episode are here: Oral Argument - Audio File. However, the only issue here is whether King has the right to sue.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm just about through all of these but damn, what have the courts done? I've been irritated by every episode. It is really well done.

Season Two, Episode Two is out.

OJ has a third podcast: Deep Dive. I should ad a trigger warning. This will really get you irritated.

:mad:

Institute for Justice (@institute_for_justice) • Instagram photos and videos

Photo by Institute for Justice on December 01, 2020. Image may contain: ‎1 person, ‎standing and closeup, ‎text that says '‎GIVINGTUESDAY גர -GIVE TO FIGHT FOR- JUSTICE & LIBERTY‎'‎‎‎.

50 likes

Back
Top Bottom