Bought one of these pumps today from HarborFreight

• Thread starter Finalygotabeltfed
  • Start date
F

Finalygotabeltfed

pump.jpgHas 2 inch NPT inlet and outlet, comes with fittings, NO HOSE. Add gas, oil and hose and off you go.

Bought 25ft of soft discharge hose and 25ft of suction hose. Put them together and drove my truck with an IBC tote in the back, down the creek on the back side of my property to fill it up.
Dropped the suction strainer into a deep pool and put the discharge into the top of the tote, primed and started the pump. The tote was full in less than two minutes.
These little pumps are a real work horse!!

They are on sale for $199.00 and have a 90 day complete warranty. Anytime within that 90 days, you can add a two year extended warranty for $49.00

I'm going to run this thing's ass off and see how it performs for a few weeks and then right before the 90 days is up, purchase the extended warranty. If it fails before the 90 days, back it goes. Until then, my gardens will have plenty of water.

Something that many may not be aware of: Many of Lowe's extended warranties on various items START at the time of purchase, not at the end of the manufacturer's warranty. So in effect, Lowe's is screwing anyone who buys an extended warranty because the customer is running out their extended plan while still covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

HarborFreight's extended warranty starts at the end of the mfgr's 90 day warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always good to have a pump like that around the house for all kinds of reasons (including flooding emergencies).

Update: The pump is running and working great!!! I've filled an IBC tote in the back of my truck 8 times so far from my creek and the pump doesn't even feel it.

Lifting about 8 feet from the solid creek bed to the truck up on the bank at just above an idle the pump fills the container in just a couple of minutes.

Been very dry here, no rain in the past 12 days so this purchase along with the two totes was right on time.

Will be adding several more totes to the property and have been checking out the prospects for a ram pump installation to pump continuously into an elevated tank for cattle coming later this summer. Hopefully I can source enough water and have enough fall to for a ram pump to operate.

Back
Top Bottom