• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bought a Sig P365 SAS today.

roccoracer

NES Member
I purchased a Sig P365 SAS today on my way home from work. I traded my P938 toward it because it was starting to lose my trust.
Who on here has a P365? What are your thoughts on it? Sig has been making some pistols that tickle my fancy.

Love my p365. What sold me was capacity but its a great gun stock. It has good sights and a nice trigger. Not a lot of snap for such a small gun and a easy carry piece. I just installed sigs oem flat faced trigger and love it.

I wasn’t going to give up my Kimber Solo for a 365, but the SAS has my interest. Please update us on the sight after you shoot it.

Great gun. The sights take time to get used to. What was your issue with the 938?
Last week after work I took my 938 out of my pocket to wipe it down amd put it away when I noticed that the guide rod was hanging out of the end of the slide about 3/4 inch. It was a bear to get apart to see what happened. I did not realize that the guide rod assembly was two pieces until tbis happened but the rod unscrewed from the base. The right safety lever is getting extremely loose and lint has been an issue. I have been pocket carrying this pistol for about a year and put about 1k rounds thru it. I feel like it is falling apart. The dealer took one look at it and said he is sending it back to Sig to be repaired.

There isnt much love for the sights on the sas on youtube. I primarily pocket carry so this pistol should fit that role better than any of the pistol ive used for that purpose in the past. I am a H&K fanboy for all my other pistols but there isnt one small enough to pocket carry yet. I got delayed as usual so I have not picked up the sas yet.

I'm having a hard time with mine. Feel like i can't get a good grip on it because it's so small. Wondering if its a "me" issue or if I need to put a hogue grip on it.

I dont have massive hands, but they are large.

Try the Hogue, it is pretty inexpensive. I thought i would need the hogue, but i have an excellent grip without it. Medium hands i guess... i did put pinky extensions on the mags though and that really firmed up the grip for me.

I'm having a hard time with mine. Feel like i can't get a good grip on it because it's so small. Wondering if its a "me" issue or if I need to put a hogue grip on it.

My 365 is my daily carry and I really like it. I’m thinking about getting the SAS slide that’s compatible with the basic 365 when they’re back in stock, but also would like the ported barrel and slide cutouts of the true SAS.

I like the SAS sights and adapted pretty quickly....that being said, i just added the Sig Lima green laser. Ported barrel and laser make the 365 a crazy good EDC. Easiest to shoot micro carry gun I've ever tried.

I think you'll really like the Hogue grip, as long as the finger grooves fit your hand/fingers ok. If not, I've seen people grind down the front of the grip so it's no longer an issue. For me, the Hogue, plus pinky extension, make the gun fit my hand perfectly. Here's my P365 fitted with the Hogue grip, NDZ Performance pinky extension (with a little grip tape added), and an SAS slide, which I just received from Sig:

full

...and for anyone interested, I'm really getting used to the sights on the SAS, and they seem to be pretty accurate, at 25 feet, at least.

Frank

What is the spit factor on the p365 sas ported barrel? Every ported barrel I have shot (not many) have a habit of slinging powder back in my direction...

I think you'll really like the Hogue grip, as long as the finger grooves fit your hand/fingers ok. If not, I've seen people grind down the front of the grip so it's no longer an issue. For me, the Hogue, plus pinky extension, make the gun fit my hand perfectly. Here's my P365 fitted with the Hogue grip, NDZ Performance pinky extension (with a little grip tape added), and an SAS slide, which I just received from Sig:

full

...and for anyone interested, I'm really getting used to the sights on the SAS, and they seem to be pretty accurate, at 25 feet, at least.

Frank
It looks like yours has a thumb safety? Mine does not.

My gun is actually a Massachusetts version of the normal P365, which has the manual safety. I bought the SAS slide from Sig and installed it on my MS gun; that's why I have the safety on mine. [grin]

Frank
But does your Ma version have the 10lb trigger? I have an option to get a non-manual safety non-SAS for about $500. Don’t know if it’s a good deal. Brand new.

I purchased a Sig P365 SAS today on my way home from work. I traded my P938 toward it because it was starting to lose my trust.
Who on here has a P365? What are your thoughts on it? Sig has been making some pistols that tickle my fancy.
the gun is awesome for cc very reliable I have put at least 500 rounds thru it. Only thing is might need a pinky extender I have wide hands

the gun is awesome for cc very reliable I have put at least 500 rounds thru it. Only thing is might need a pinky extender I have wide hands

Check out the Pearce magazine baseplate extensions. I did that with 2 of my magazines and the extra space made a huge difference in comfort while shooting, for me anyways.

The biggest detractor for me is the ports up front. That would be very unpleasant to shoot from the driverseat of a car facing the side of the gun, rather than being behind it.

Just a quick ad that relates to all P365s.

When it first launched the internets had a lot chatter about primer drag and broken strikers.

My P365 made ~March 2019 exhibited some primer drag.

My new P365 made ~May 2020 has an angled striker face and no primer drag.

Replacement angled striker assemblies are roughly $35 online and includes a new spring also. If you have an older gun, it may be worth replacing.
Lots of people would say to me that they couldn't trust the 365 because of the striker issues. My attitude with the old gun was that I'd just change the striker every 1500 rounds. But with the new striker even that isn't necessary.

To me the extra 4 rounds over my previous G43 was nice. But what is really extraordinary about this gun is how shootable it is. I can shoot it at defensive ranges and defensiv speeds MUCH better than I could shoot my G43. In fact, I can shoot my 365 almost as well as I can shoot my G19.

One last thing. If you are serious about carrying a handgun, anyone who is not truly an expert shooter should take the "Reflexive Shooting" class at sig.

Despite the fact that I was at one time ranked expert in SSP in IDPA, it transformed the way I shoot inside of 25 ft. Its curriculum is perfectly suited towards getting as good with a 365 as you can possibly get.

One side bonus is that you can put all those rounds (I shot 1600 rounds in 2 days) through a loaner gun from Sig. Ha.

I have had 3 friends go through this class after my strong recommendation and all were blown away at how it changed and improved their shooting.

Bringing this thread back.
Rocco, what are your thoughts and conclusions on those sas sights?

Owned an 82 rocco myself, btw.

Bringing this thread back.
Rocco, what are your thoughts and conclusions on those sas sights?

Owned an 82 rocco myself, btw.
I really liked the pistol but the sights were not great. I normally point shoot out to 10 yards so I didn't use them much bit when I tried to use the sights for better accuracy my groups got worse. The pistol itself is a home run otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom