Bought a Beretta M9

i have a few 92s, there too big in my hand but its ok, a little heavy, but that's ok. it just seems right.
I can shoot it better than anything i have at a distance, if need 50-100yard shot to body size target is no problem.
i can't do that with my 96s.
if you run out of ammo in a gun fight you can use it a s club or hammer.
i picked up some good deals over the years that i couldn't pass up
i can issue one to each member of the family i have so many

I modded up my 92FS, I think I posted a thread about it on here years ago. But, the D spring, skeletonized hammer, new trigger, I ordered a new internal parts kit and polished everything before installing, and finally had the slide milled for a new iron rear site that also allowed for a Burris FF. So, I can probably never sell it for what I have into it LOL, but it's fun!

-chris

20180419_180318.jpg

I bought one years ago because I had to carry one at work and couldn’t bring the work gun home to practice with. It’s grown on me over the years and I like it now.

if I had one gun to choose for SHTF piece it would be this or a G21.

Langdon is on my list but I’ve recently gotten into sigs more.

I enjoyed the m9 when in the Army and would pick one up for a good deal.

Ordered the extended mag release and steel guide rod and spring from Beretta. I watched a few you tube installation videos to familiarize myself with installation, looks a little tricky but doable. Received parts today and removal of stock button no problem, after 2 hrs of frustration searched for another video and found one from CALIFOR 2A which took a different approach. Followed his instructions and click bang, snaps right in. WTF? Oh well, live and learn. Extended mag release is so much more functional. Still Waiting for TJIB from Langdon Tactical.

Attachments

• Beretta Mag Release 2.jpg
    Beretta Mag Release 2.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 18
Followed his instructions and click bang, snaps right in. WTF? Oh well, live and learn. Extended mag release is so much more functional.
I love it when a plan comes together. On that note...

This week I just tripped over a (third?) web page full of (dry fire) functional checks for 1911's.
(Flip this, pull that, release that, pull this other thing and listen for a tiny click).

Given the military adoption of the M9, do yourself a favor and check the web
to see if there's any armorer-level 92FS function checks you can do.

Not throwing shade. Just saying that if this was deeper than you've been before inside your pistol,
you may feel even better you can prove it went back together A-OK.

I recommend a wheel barrel to help carry it around
There's a joke about wheelbarrows.

I recommend a wheel barrel to help carry it around

Meh, they carry just fine in any old belt holster. Simple thumb break options such as Bianchi #5 will retain and conceal well under an untucked shirt. Other leather options as well if you want to avoid the retention of a thumbbreak.

Ordered the extended mag release and steel guide rod and spring from Beretta. I watched a few you tube installation videos to familiarize myself with installation, looks a little tricky but doable. Received parts today and removal of stock button no problem, after 2 hrs of frustration searched for another video and found one from CALIFOR 2A which took a different approach. Followed his instructions and click bang, snaps right in. WTF? Oh well, live and learn. Extended mag release is so much more functional. Still Waiting for TJIB from Langdon Tactical.

brownells might have the tjib in stock

Meh, they carry just fine in any old belt holster. Simple thumb break options such as Bianchi #5 will retain and conceal well under an untucked shirt. Other leather options as well if you want to avoid the retention of a thumbbreak.
I bought a De Santis OWB with thumb break at Four Seasons and have carried it a few times on my walks. No problem and quite comfortable. Not a summer gun IWB thou which is fine.

Like I said I hated the M9 when I carried it in the Army but actually it's not that heavy for a full size steel pistol. I'm sure the slide has much to do with it.

It isn't steel [wink]

There are any number of guns being manufactured today that use aluminum alloys in them, including some of the most popular guns in history. The M-16’s receiver is made with 7075 aluminum, as is the frame of the Beretta Model 92, one of the longest serving models in American history.

Aluminum Alloys Used In Guns - Clinton Aluminum

If you want a steel full-sized, double-stack 9x19, you're looking at BHPs, CZs, SIGs, or the like. In fact, a 92FS weighs 33 ounces, whereas a BHP Mark III Standard weighs 32 ounces. The Beretta is aluminum, the BHP is steel. But, the Browning is a sleeker gun, has two to four less rounds, and has a 4 5/8" barrel rather than 5".

Random since they were accessable. Unloaded no mags, my M9 is exacly 2 ounces heavier than my German(not West German) P226.

Wilson Combat also does Beretta work and sells accessories.

Beretta 92/96-https://shopwilsoncombat.com/
checked out Wilson for the extended mag release and watched 2 videos which said it dragged on mags and needed to be sanded down with emery paper. Also it didn't come with the spring set. Bought a fluted guide rod and black cherry grips which should arrive Sunday.

checked out Wilson for the extended mag release and watched 2 videos which said it dragged on mags and needed to be sanded down with emery paper. Also it didn't come with the spring set. Bought a fluted guide rod and black cherry grips which should arrive Sunday.
I have them on both my 92 and 96 without issue
One did require minor sanding to install.
Swapping over the spring and metal bits isn't that hard.

It's honestly harder to get the release in itself.
The trick is to get it a little over half way in, use a small pick or flat head screw driver and compress that metal bit and it'll slide right in

Back
Top Bottom