• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bottom line would you give up your Firearms?

I've been wondering how that would work down here in RI:

NRAILA said:
Rhode Island has enacted a statute expressly prohibiting any government agency or political subdivision from keeping a list or register of privately owned firearms.

I was just going to post regarding this. All you people with family/kids, what if the government by decree found you incompetent as a parent because of your apparent firearms fetish. Either you give them up of the kids become wards of the state.

Boy, I'm really going to miss those little scamps.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone

Me I would not, no matter what the consequences. I see what is going on here, I just hope other do as well. We are being corralled like Sheep. If what I think is coming ( and coming quick ) death is not the worse thing that could happen.

There I said it.

NEVER!!

I've told my family that I will not go quietly. I'm not so much a "Rah Rah" gun rights activist. But neither will I be giving them up.

I will never "turn them in" for any anything.

Hell, I got my LTC just because of this eventuality! I signed up for the firearms home safety class the day Obama went into office. I wanted to get in before the lock. My wife thought I was nuts then, but she's starting to see the light.

Wolverines!!

I've told my family that I will not go quietly. I'm not so much a "Rah Rah" gun rights activist. But neither will I be giving them up.

I will never "turn them in" for any anything.

Hell, I got my LTC just because of this eventuality! I signed up for the firearms home safety class the day Obama went into office. I wanted to get in before the lock. My wife thought I was nuts then, but she's starting to see the light.

Wolverines!!

+1

A guy I know asked me about this yesterday in fact. He braught up a good point. What police officer of sound mind would want that job assinment...go to each house on this list, knock on the door, and politly ask the homeowner to hand over all his guns. If he doesn't comply, ask "pretty please?"

You can't live your life with "what ifs". Today, I am going for a walk. Then, I'm going to my club's indoor range, turn on the heat and enjoy my Mark III, Lord willing. Enjoy each day as much as you can. I just lost my younger brother last September. Playing the "what if" game is just senseless. Yiogo

my fiancee thought i was nuts to start collecting guns and ammo. i said "darling, its going to hell in a hand basket and i will not be one to lie down, bend over, or say 'yes sir id love to give up my god given rights'". she got her ltc, carries every day and now sees the light.

take my guns? sure, just as soon as I've used as much ammo as i can on you communist dictator bullshit propaganda pushing bastards...oops! did i say that out loud? must have said it because i meant it.

in a word, a resounding NO!

Dom

we're supposed to be the greatest and most proud nation on the face of this earth and we need to act like it. the government does not have the right to tell us what pieces of property we can own as free men be it plastic containers, firearms, or banana suits.

tl;dr: not a ****ing chance.

If we let them take our guns the banning of soda, styrofoam, plastic grocery bags, leaf blowers will turn into banning of unions, free speach, owning land, taxes could go to 75% and nothing we could do. We're already being forced health insurance...

Bottom Line NO!!!! If we give up our firearms, we might as well give up our freedom of speech, our right to a fair trial, and our rights to be free men (and women). Not sure that I am comfortable with that at all.

Maybe I will briefly think about it once I have definitive proof that every freed gang member, crackhead, drug dealer, murderer, mugger and child molester/rapist does not possess one. Good luck with that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I will give up my guns under two conditions:

1. A legal constitutional amendment is passed which clearly and completely negates the second amendment
2. Every illegal gun has been collected and taken off the streets

I say that with all honesty - if the country can get enough support to pass that amendment, I say it would be wrong to keep them. Of course, I'd probably move, just like I'd move if they passed an amendment cancelling out the first or the fourth, or the fifth, etc.

Maybe I will briefly think about it once I have definitive proof that every freed gang member, crackhead, drug dealer, murderer, mugger and child molester/rapist does not possess one. Good luck with that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

That statement has a lot of fail in it.

I will give up my guns under two conditions:

1. A legal constitutional amendment is passed which clearly and completely negates the second amendment
2. Every illegal gun has been collected and taken off the streets

I say that with all honesty - if the country can get enough support to pass that amendment, I say it would be wrong to keep them. Of course, I'd probably move, just like I'd move if they passed an amendment cancelling out the first or the fourth, or the fifth, etc.

So now you gave up your guns and three dudes with weapons break in to your home now you're going to be Chuck Norris?

Back
Top Bottom