Botham Jean's neighbor, a key witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death in Dallas

mikeyp

NES Member
Well...kinda weird coincidence

Botham Jean's neighbor, a key witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death in Dallas

Joshua Brown died at the hospital after Friday night's shooting in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road.

S73EVNWQFCMA2KO3EGZRAOMJRU.jpg

Updated at 5:30 p.m. with the victim's identity

A key witness in Amber Guyger's murder trial was shot and killed Friday evening at an apartment complex near Dallas' Medical District, authorities said.

Joshua Brown, a neighbor of Botham Jean's and Guyger at the South Side Flats apartments, was slain about 10:30 p.m. in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road.

Brown, 28, lived across the hall from Jean and testified about the night he was killed.

Dallas County prosecutor Jason Hermus, the lead prosecutor in the Guyger case, said Saturday that Brown stood up at a time when others won't say what they know.

"He bravely came forward to testify when others wouldn't, " Hermus said. "If we had more people like him, we would have a better world."

n Friday night, several witnesses flagged down police and directed them to Brown's location. Police found him on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds.

He was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he died from his injuries.

Witnesses told police they heard several gunshots and saw a silver four-door sedan speeding out of the parking lot.

No suspect description had been released.

Guyger’s friend(s) delivered a message.

Snitches get stitches.

What would be the point of that since she admitted shooting the guy?

My tinfoil suggested that he was into something and got shot over it. But the media will make it into something else to keep the masses on edge about cops or to offset the good Jean's brother did by offering forgiveness. We can't have people of different races getting along. Doesn't fit the agenda.

[tinfoil][tinfoil]

What would be the point of that since she admitted shooting the guy?

My tinfoil suggested that he was into something and got shot over it. But the media will make it into something else to keep the masses on edge about cops or to offset the good Jean's brother did by offering forgiveness. We can't have people of different races getting along. Doesn't fit the agenda.

[tinfoil][tinfoil]

I'm not sure, but it's still can be a message even if she would have been convicted anyway. Some people out there can get really butt hurt about anyone who would dare challenge them, even if the challenge has no effect on the overall outcome.

And I suppose it could have been something more tin foily too. I hadn't thought of the possibility they could have killed him to try to cause division and didn't care about revenge. Possible, I guess.

Afaik, the victim was the witness who testified that Guyger didn't perform CPR or any other first aid measures on her victim, and that's probably what did her in. So he was basically the key witness. This COULD BE a nice "thank you", a warning or a public service announcement. Or it could be none of that. It could be a botched robbery, some gang shit, or whatever. It also could be a hit. Guess we will never know.

This story wasn't posted in there and is actually a different person being killed and probably by a different person since she's locked up than that story, so while it may tie in it's a story in and of itself

I've had threads that I started locked because someone posted a similar link to my thread in a MegaThread and been told it was already covered, honestly I don't care it's not a big deal to me. :)

/Thread Hijack

Some places, especially on social media, are reporting that Joshua Brown was shot in in the parking lot of the apartment complex where he (and Amber Guyger and Botham Jean) lived. This is not correct--the complex where Brown was shot is a different one, about 12 miles away.

Looks like he was supposed to testify in a civil suit against the cops as well?

https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/slain...-to-testify-in-lawsuit-against-dallas-police/

The Dallas man who was murdered shortly after providing key testimony in the trial against killer cop Amber Guyger was set to take the stand in a civil lawsuit against the police department, according to a report.

Joshua Brown, 28, who was victim Botham Jean’s neighbor, was shot to death Friday night in an ambush outside his apartment in a Dallas neighborhood, according to police. No suspects have been arrested in the slaying.

“To have a key witness suddenly be killed is suspicious. Was this related to the trial? There is no clear indication,” attorney Lee Merritt, who represents the Jean family, told CBS News.

Brown’s death came days after Guyger was convicted of fatally shooting 26-year-old Jean, who she believed was an intruder when she mistakenly entered his apartment instead of her own.

Merritt said Brown would have been one of their first witnesses in the Jean family’s wrongful-death suit against the city of Dallas, which claims Dallas police failed to adequately train Guyger, according to CBS News.

Brown testified at Guyger’s trial about the September 2018 night that Jean was shot dead in his own apartment. He said he heard what sounded like “two people meeting by surprise” while he was in a hallway on the floor where he and Jean lived.

He also rejected Guyger’s claims during the trial that she used commands such as “put your hands up” before shooting Jean.

“She didn’t. No one heard that. No neighbors. No passerby’s [sic]. Not Joshua as he walked down the corridor. No one,” Merritt wrote on Facebook.

Merritt has called for answers in the death of Brown, who he said lived in “constant fear that he could be the next victim of gun violence.”

“Brown deserves the same justice he sought to ensure the Jean family,” Merritt wrote on Facebook.

With Post wires

Looks like Dallas has taken to doing things the Chicago way... Now he can't testify at her appeal... How convenient. The civil case just took a hit as well.

My money is on some peer on the force who is also her secret lover.

His testimony will still be admitted from the criminal trial in the civil trials - he has become an unavailable witness. No one would benefit from killing him on the PD end.

His testimony will still be admitted from the criminal trial in the civil trials - he has become an unavailable witness. No one would benefit from killing him on the PD end.

Sure they could, if they are planning for future potential issues with people challenging police.

It is well known people in black neighborhoods refuse to talk to police, even if it means letting the murderer of their relative go free by not giving over actual evidence of who did it. This had baffled me before, but now I am starting to see how such thinking could happen.

Fascinating stuff, not sure if it's good enough for a movie or mini series? Not at all shocking though... Police departments, city councils / boards of selectmen, state-level committees, etc are as bad as organized crime syndicates, have been forever! (Not everywhere of course, but it is so commonplace that I don't even raise an eyebrow anymore) After seeing what happened to Whitey Bulger and Epstein, this stuff is also getting predictable, might even have had a line in Vegas :cool:

Looks like they arrested 3 people for it

Arrest made in murder of witness in Amber Guyger murder trial

Three suspects have been identified in the murder of Joshua Brown, a key witness in the murder trial of former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger.

Jacquerious Mitchell, 20; Michael Mitchell, 32; and Thaddeous Green, 22, traveled from Alexandria, Louisiana, to purchase drugs from Brown, according to authorities.

Jacquerious Mitchell is in custody and the other two are being sought, Dallas Assistant Police Chief Avery Moore said at a news conference Tuesday.

Thaddeous Charles Green is accused of shooting Brown two times, Moore said. On the night of the shooting, Green had a conversation with Brown that escalated into an argument.

Brown, 28, was found lying on the ground in an apartment parking lot with multiple gunshot wounds, two days after Guyger was convicted of murder.

Brown's slaying occurred less than six miles from the apartment complex where Jean was fatally shot by Guyger on Sept. 6, 2018. Brown, who was killed Friday, testified in Guyger’s murder trial about the September 2018 night that she fatally shot Botham Jean, who was his neighbor.

Brown had lived across the hall from Jean, 26, at the Southside Flats apartment building in Dallas.

Guyger, who lived a floor below Jean, testified she mistakenly entered his apartment instead of her own.

She was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Buuuuuuut. They still could have been hired by cops. f*** pigs y'all

We'll wait and see how long it takes until truth comes out.

Back
Top Bottom