Boston

I've read the sticky about obtaining a Boston license. Great information for those wishing to obtain their LTC there. However, for the last 40 years, I've had my LTC. It has no restrictions and the last time I applied, it was for "All lawful purposes." Can I still carry in Boston or do I have to obtain another license? If this has already been asked, I apologize.

If I understand correctly you have a class A license issued by a town/city other than Boston and you want to know if that gives you permission to carry in Boston.

In this scenario the answer is yes. Once you have been issued a class A in MA you do not need any additional licenses just to be able to carry in Boston.

If I understand correctly you have a class A license issued by a town/city other than Boston and you want to know if that gives you permission to carry in Boston.

In this scenario the answer is yes. Once you have been issued a class A in MA you do not need any additional licenses just to be able to carry in Boston.

you just KNOW Boston would love to make a rule lie that though!

I've read the sticky about obtaining a Boston license. Great information for those wishing to obtain their LTC there. However, for the last 40 years, I've had my LTC. It has no restrictions and the last time I applied, it was for "All lawful purposes." Can I still carry in Boston or do I have to obtain another license? If this has already been asked, I apologize.

You can CCW no problem, but be careful IIRC they do have some rules/laws against certain rifles (AR's, etc), but I'm not sure if it applies only to Boston residents.

Boston's AWB applies only to residents and only applies to long guns. Until the SW500 and the FN57 get added.

Go look up threads in this forum - search for "boston assault" in the title thread. I'm not rehashing something that has been discussed many times.

you just KNOW Boston would love to make a rule lie that though!

BA,
You have hit on something here. In New York permits issued anywhere in that state outside of New York City are not valid or recognized in the Big Apple. I'm surprised that Mumbles & Co haven't tried to do some Home Rule maneuver to prevent any permits issued by any of the other 350 cities and towns not be recognized in Boston.

Mark L.

BA,
You have hit on something here. In New York permits issued anywhere in that state outside of New York City are not valid or recognized in the Big Apple. I'm surprised that Mumbles & Co haven't tried to do some Home Rule maneuver to prevent any permits issued by any of the other 350 cities and towns not be recognized in Boston.

Mark L.

Because home rule only applies to residents of Boston.

Thanks folks! This was a big discussion in our shooting club a couple of weeks back. Some of them truly believe you are not allowed to carry in Boston, even if you have an unrestricted, Class A LTC. Is there any ordinance section in the law which kind of addresses this, or shows that it is not addressed? I believe you folks, but it would be nice to show the other members some sort of proof. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom