• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston teen arrested with strange-looking gun

The Boston Globe has a story up about a teen who was arrested during the Red Sox parade on Wednesday, for carrying a concealed handgun among other things. The article is accompanied by a photo of the seized pistol, and it's a kinda weird looking thing.

The article text identifies it as a "9mm Radon handgun." I think that's a mistake or misprint for a Polish WW2-era Radom pistol -- am I right?

It's a Radom. Just ran downstairs and snapped a pic of mine.

The Germans took over the factory in the early days of WW2 and produced pistols for themselves. This is one of of them - complete with the nazi proof marks.

Towards the end of production they deleted the take down lock (same area where a saftey is on a 1911) to speed up production. Unsure if the one in article is missing it, or never had one.

View: https://i.imgur.com/nj7csQA.jpg

It's a Radom. Just ran downstairs and snapped a pic of mine.

The Germans took over the factory in the early days of WW2 and produced pistols for themselves. This is one of of them - complete with the nazi proof marks.

Towards the end of production they deleted the take down lock (same area where a saftey is on a 1911) to speed up production. Unsure if the one in article is missing it, or never had one.

View: https://i.imgur.com/nj7csQA.jpg

Late production... no take down notch on the slide.

The Boston Globe has a story up about a teen who was arrested during the Red Sox parade on Wednesday, for carrying a concealed handgun among other things. The article is accompanied by a photo of the seized pistol, and it's a kinda weird looking thing.

The article text identifies it as a "9mm Radon handgun." I think that's a mistake or misprint for a Polish WW2-era Radom pistol -- am I right?

Is he a "Boston teen" ? or a ".. 17-year-old from Somerville accused of carrying a loaded gun during the Red Sox World Series victory parade " ?

unrelated to the gun but my mailman who I talk with a lot told me his 23 year old daughter went into the parade. she felt a hand in her front pocket in the crowded streets and turned just in time to see an urban youth turning with her phone in his hand. she spun him around and popped him in the nose with a right hand. he dropped the phone and took off running...she has taken a bunch of krav maga classes I guess.....gonna bet the pick pockets had a field day out there

Probably stolen at some point from a WWII vet living in Dorchester.

I love how every single photo you see of a "perp's gun" like this shows that the gun was loaded with mixed ammo. Like the poor bastard carrying it can't even afford to scrape together enough for a full box of ammo. He has to scrounge it from random piles in Uncle Bob's basement or something.

I love how every single photo you see of a "perp's gun" like this shows that the gun was loaded with mixed ammo. Like the poor bastard carrying it can't even afford to scrape together enough for a full box of ammo. He has to scrounge it from random piles in Uncle Bob's basement or something.

I read an article few years ago written by some LEO about crime guns. He claimed that typically the bangers' guns are not fully loaded or loaded with mixed ammo, including wrong calibers like .380 cartridges in a 9mm gun. IIRC he also wrote that about 50% of seized weapons weren't in working condition.

I read an article few years ago written by some LEO about crime guns. He claimed that typically the bangers' guns are not fully loaded or loaded with mixed ammo, including wrong calibers like .380 cartridges in a 9mm gun. IIRC he also wrote that about 50% of seized weapons weren't in working condition.

I'm betting many just figure if the bullet fits, it's good.

Pistol whipping requires tetanus shot...

upload_2018-11-2_8-22-53-png.252595

Back
Top Bottom