1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Boston Straight Pride Parade

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by whatluck, Jun 4, 2019.

1. swatgig

swatgig NES Member

Chained together with 999 of my associates at the
    If I was capable of walking a straight line, I’d be proud too.

2. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

So was the organizer let out of jail in order to attend? Or did he post already? I read something about a SWAT raid on his house and seizing his guns.

3. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

View: https://youtu.be/-of5cIFLDyM

View: https://youtu.be/rDO42A9QQe0

Protesters jeer Straight Pride Parade marchers along route to City Hall - The Boston Globe

“We were peacefully protesting in the streets,” he said. “I didn’t expect to be pepper sprayed today.”

Justin O’Donnell, 29, of Nashua, N.H., said he was knocked down by an officer, then sprayed in the face. He said police didn’t give protesters a chance to peacefully leave.

“There were dozens of ways out [where demonstrators] could have left,” he said. “But instead, police chose to use force to clear the protest. There was no need to use force.”

A few minutes after police had broken up the protest, they ordered people up Congress Street to State Street. In the intersection, several officers on foot chased down someone and pulled that person to the ground. They later took that person away. On a nearby sidewalk, a man with a bullhorn was brought down by a group of officers and then taken into custody.

b.jpg b2.jpg b3.jpg b4.jpg

Mayor Martin J. Walsh, who was attending a Jump Into Peace event in Roxbury, said the march “is not any representation of who we are as a city.”

The parade, which attracted some out-of-state marchers and included a Trump 2020 float, was organized by a group called Super Happy Fun America. Its leaders have said they are not bigoted, in response to criticism that they are homophobic.

But protesters called the parade an affront to the LGBTQ community and an intentional effort to stoke discrimination.

“This quote-unquote ‘other side’ is pretending that they’re just a foolish group of freedom-of-speech lovers who are advocating that straight people have all the rights that queer people have,” said Willie Burnley Jr., 25, who helped organize a protest called Hands Off Our Pride at City Hall Plaza.

About 600 protesters outnumbered an estimated 200 marchers after the parade reached City Hall Plaza, where police kept protesters behind barricades about 200 feet from a concert stage where the Straight Pride rally was held.

Classy:

Tensions began rising Saturday morning before the parade began. At the corner of Boylston and Dartmouth streets, a man screamed at anti-parade protesters to “get out of my [expletive] town.”

From The Globe comment section:
    [laugh]COEXIST![rofl]

ItsCommonSense8/31/19 - 9:39PM
    This is ridiculous! The straight people were handed a victory today by the boston police,the mayor and the city council. I hope that the council issues a letter that bans this group from ever speaking again in our open minded city. We cannot tolerate any people who come to our town and want to exclude anyone other than straight from their parade.This is ridiculous.All parades should be banned from thsi point forward of there are any groups with any opposing view as to how we really feel. Straight parade organizers should be jailed immediately for their incendiary speech that caused casual onlookers to vomit in disgust. Mayor, you should be ashamed for allowing this. How many people were killed today? Or hurt? How many people had their feelings hurt? a lot including me

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    xjma99 likes this.
  4. robjax

robjax

what became clearly evident to my wife who chooses to stay our of all this rhetoric is the most non booted person I know is how the LGBTQ community are hypocrites. They seek support from straight people but then they opt to not support straight people. This was an opportunity to show the American politicians and the rest of the world that we stand together and they used it as a platform to show their hatred and intolerance for heterosexual people.

5. Waher

Waher NES Member

xjma99 and 10thSFFD like this.
  6. KVX

KVX

At 7 p.m. Saturday, Boston police told WBUR that officers arrested 34 people. Four officers were injured, and none of those injuries were considered serious, according to the department. Many of the hundreds of officers monitoring the event were dressed in riot gear.

Boston Emergency Medical Services said it transported nine people from the parade to Boston-area hospitals.

WBUR reporters observed the arrests of at least a handful of counter-protesters and at least one marcher along the route:

Since the parade was announced, organizers have been heavily criticized for what many believe is a shrouded attempt to promote bigotry, particularly against the LGBTQ community, through a public rally. Discussion around the event also often centered on the idea that it had the quality of a "troll" — an organized effort to bait outrage.

[​IMG]
    Counter-protesters scream at parade participants as the pass by the Boston Common. (Jesse Costa/WBUR)
    Ralph Anker, who drove five hours from New Jersey to participate in the parade, was among several paraders who insisted they are not homophobic.

"It's like we're second-class citizens for being straight these days. We really are. I feel that way. I feel in the current political situation, straight white men are the devil," Anker said when asked why he attended the parade.

Source: Controversial 'Straight Pride' Parade In Boston Met By Larger Counter-Protests

XqqS and 10thSFFD like this.
  7. Chrisf350

Chrisf350

Wait is that the Star of David I spy in the last photo? I thought the left dosnt support Israel?

xjma99 likes this.
  8. Waher

Waher NES Member

I think it is a (queer) Jews for something poster.

Antifa loves Bernie while ranting against Israel and Jewish bankers. Then you have Queers for Palestine, while being queer in Palestine gets you thrown off a roof. You also have Jews against the Occupation that also say Never Again, despite Hamas and the PA calling for a new Holocaust. Don't expect consistency from the far left. It's more about virtue signalling than anything logical.

9. Roadglide

Roadglide NES Member

Marty is such a phony. See through that jackass like a cheap screen door.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    10thSFFD likes this.
  10. Brucewillis4316

Brucewillis4316 NES Member

upload_2019-9-1_13-34-14.jpeg

This is NOT love.

11. kevin9

kevin9

AHM likes this.
  12. Tweed

Tweed

guilty

xjma99, Palladin and BBQ.Uncle like this.
  13. Knob Creek

Knob Creek NES Member

Heard some Gay guy call into a talk show today. He had no problem with the Straight Parade and thinks the protesters made things worse by their actions and just drew more attention to it so the next parade will be even larger.

xjma99 and DrBurnsides like this.
  14. Boris

Boris Son of Kalashnikov NES Member

if she hasn't got a penus ... the options of penetrant are limited.

Nikos likes this.
  15. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

AHM and Palladin like this.
  16. DrBurnsides

DrBurnsides

My tinfoil hat says this this is all part of the plan to provide propaganda material linking all white males, trump supporters and gun owners to Nazis. Screams troll. And provided, worked the libbies into a heated frenzy, they think less that way. They wont question going after folks with pitchforks and torches. Look where most of the violence came from. This was training.

17. Masswhole

Masswhole NES Member

Cut that dude some slack, his transition’s taking longer than expected.

18. Garys

Garys NES Member

Reading the Herald today, I see that Marty was eager to throw the BPD under the bus. He wants and investigation into excessive force by the cops at the protest. He's all in with Antifa. So is the Suffolk County DA, who will likely refuse to prosecute any of the Leftists who were arrested Saturday.

19. Waher

Waher NES Member

That's going to go over real well with the police union. BPD was entirely professional and there's plenty of video and bodycam footage to back them up. Marty and the DA are making a big mistake slandering the rank and file with zero credible evidence.

Cap'n Mike likes this.
  20. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain

Looks like the left missed a chance to be good allies

xjma99 likes this.
  21. Garys

Garys NES Member

They do it only because they know they can get away with it. Anyone who is going to challenge Walsh is going to be even more to the Left. If that's possible.

22. MarlboroughMan

MarlboroughMan

What a big waste of time on every level. If I ever find the desire to spend a beautiful summer day in a crowd like that yelling one way or the other at the bunch of morons on the other side I'll f'ing throw in the towel. I went to UMass Amherst in the 80's and I'd always get a kick out of the group of morons who'd stand around protesting one event or another virtually every week. They didn't care what the event was, Iran-Contra, Free Palestine, etc., etc.... they were always chanting about something and if there wasn't a cause of the day they'd make something up. I think 99% of them just needed to be part of a group with a cause. Whatever the cause really was didn't matter to them as long as they could stand in a group and yell about something that rhymed. Most of them didn't have a real clue about whatever issue they were yelling about.

drgrant, Igotid and Al-Jim19 like this.
  23. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

This, right here, should be the symbol for the new left. A complete contradiction to itself.

xjma99 likes this.
  24. Twigg

Twigg NES Member

These "people" are nuckin futz !

I feel like I'm living in Wackyland.

MarlboroughMan and namedpipes like this.
  25. LoginName

LoginName NES Member

Apparently he hasn't been paying attention about what happened in Portland not that long ago.
    The reason alt-right organizers keep on going back is because the Mayor and City Council protect
    Antifa, and they never condemn their actions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Patriot Prayer, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers bitch slaps the city back, and
    holds another Free Speech rally on the common.

xjma99 likes this.
  26. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

That reminds me of the movie PCU.

"Nervous high school senior Tom Lawrence (Chris Young) visits Port Chester University, where he gets a taste of politically correct college life when he's guided by fraternity wild man Droz (Jeremy Piven) and his housemates at The Pit. But Droz and his pals have rivals in nasty preppy Rand McPherson (David Spade) and the school's steely president (Jessica Walter). With their house threatened with expulsion, Droz and company decide to throw a raging party where the various factions will collide."

27. xjma99

xjma99 NES Member

All I remember about that movie is ‘tonight at the pit, everyone gets laid!’

Almost as good of a band name as my band ‘Orange Man Bad’

28. Brucewillis4316

Brucewillis4316 NES Member

Amen. Now we start to know the enemy’s twisted plan.

29. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

This is f***ed, so now he wants bpd to pull a Portland and ignore this garbage? I honestly feel bad for the commissioner... because the alternative to what bpd did here was to allow antifa to go full retard, and then people would actually get hurt....

Cap'n Mike and Waher like this.
  30. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

These events really are retard conferences. Even if I’m far more likely to agree with non commies, the whole thing is a waste of time...