Boston Shooting Club

Interesting. I'll have to ask the guys at Patriot next time I stop by. But yeah that does seem like an ambitious undertaking.

Very ambitious. Let's hope they succeed. Cape Cod Gun Works is doing something similar.

Would love to see it, I bet insurance would be thing that sinks them.

This sounds like Weston Shooters Club high end club with a Mass Firearms School retail store combined. We could use more places like this to bring new people into firearms ownership.

Ipswich already has Ipswich Fish and Game club but I guess this would cater to people who have deeper pockets? Lol.

Interesting. I'll have to ask the guys at Patriot next time I stop by. But yeah that does seem like an ambitious undertaking.

I don't think Dick will be real happy about it, 1200' South of him on the same street.

Kind of reminds of AFS when they first opened.

Sounds like to me a higher end MFL, should be interesting, and only 2 miles from my job, could be trouble.

Last edited:
Very interesting. I drive by there on my way home. I'll try to take a look around the site. Left a vm for the sales/membership team as well.

Ipswich already has Ipswich Fish and Game club but I guess this would cater to people who have deeper pockets? Lol.

Given the number of people who belong to more than one club, it makes sense. Shooters come in all shapes, sizes, salaries and lifestyles. IF they get the clientele, then good for them!

Given the number of people who belong to more than one club, it makes sense. Shooters come in all shapes, sizes, salaries and lifestyles. IF they get the clientele, then good for them!

If the 56 turnpike street address is correct, that's the Todd Tool facility, just south of Wolf Hill on the southbound side. I couldn't see any signs from the road of a change in occupant because of the darkness, but I'll pass by again in the morning and take a look....

If the 56 turnpike street address is correct, that's the Todd Tool facility, just south of Wolf Hill on the southbound side. I couldn't see any signs from the road of a change in occupant because of the darkness, but I'll pass by again in the morning and take a look....

Oh wow, sorry, I posted this in haste and didn't proof it, 59, not 56. It's the lot across from the back half of Wolf Hill & Todd Tool. Neg rep deserved [crying]

Oh wow, sorry, I posted this in haste and didn't proof it, 59, not 56. It's the lot across from the back half of Wolf Hill & Todd Tool. Neg rep deserved [crying]

No neg reps for honest mistakes! I'll take a peek in the morning. IIRC, the lot is still empty. Gotta imagine it won't be ready at least until spring/summer if that is the case.

I hope this facility will be a little more dynamic than Weston. Paying big money to punch paper on a flat range is not particularly appealing to me. On the other hand, being able to shoot in a cozy, warm indoor environment in the winter is. So there's that.

I just spoke with a member of the membership sales team. I'll synthesize the conversation and post details tonight. Here's a teaser: it's going to be expensive, and based on the Frisco Gun Club concept in the Dallas area.

No neg reps for honest mistakes! I'll take a peek in the morning. IIRC, the lot is still empty. Gotta imagine it won't be ready at least until spring/summer if that is the case.

I hope this facility will be a little more dynamic than Weston. Paying big money to punch paper on a flat range is not particularly appealing to me. On the other hand, being able to shoot in a cozy, warm indoor environment in the winter is. So there's that.

Convenience/access is a big deal and most of the indoor club ranges in MA are crap either cause of bad ventilation or shitty backstops with a lot of limitations in caliber, or limitations caused by fudd rules and so on... so there's always a market for better.

-Mike

If it's anything like the Ipswich Country Club, forget about it. Membership there to play golf is something like $27,000/yr and I don't know if that includes their other venues.

From Boston Shooting Club FB page, it appears that LEOs and firearms professionals are behind building it:

Welcome to the Boston Shooting Club Page, what will be New England’s premiere indoor firearms range and lounge.We will house a modern 42 lane indoor range, A 4,000 square foot retail pro shop full of top-of-the-line firearms, ammunition, and accessories, Four technologically advanced conference/training rooms, Three virtual shooting ranges, a private VIP Club lounge, helpful gunsmiths, a staff that will treat you like family, and much more all in a 55,000 square foot facility. With that being said, why go anywhere else?
We located ourselves in the historical town of Ipswich, Massachusetts, just 30 miles north of Boston. The cobble-stone streets, ocean mist, and beautiful New England views connect to our Revolutionary War-themed club flawlessly.

We built this club from the ground up as fellow law enforcement. Our team has years of experience as Police Officers, SWAT Members, and Firearm Safety Professionals.
We have made it our mission to see that fellow Law Enforcement, Military, Local Hunters, Collectors, and the Everyday Person gets the proper training and shooting experience they deserve, in a safe and luxurious environment, the Boston Shooting Club.
Do you have a passion for firearms? A desire for professional training?
Do you want to experience luxury time and time again?

Then indulge in your passions and become a Boston Shooting Club member.

Won't be opening until fall 2016...they are hoping for Sept rather than November. The club will not be 24/7, and .308 is the largest caliber allowed. the Premium membership is $5k initiation and $850/yr. The VIP is $20k and $425/mo. I have a sheet with the different membership benefits that I will post later.

Won't be opening until fall 2016...they are hoping for Sept rather than November. The club will not be 24/7, and .308 is the largest caliber allowed. the Premium membership is $5k initiation and $850/yr. The VIP is $20k and $425/mo. I have a sheet with the different membership benefits that I will post later.

Just as I thought; almost as bad as the Ipswich Country Club. I live 5 miles away but will never see the inside of the new club unless they give free tours. [laugh]

I live three miles away; the guy I spoke with today said they would be offering other membership types once they open the doors, but were trying to secure as many of the higher end memberships as they could right now. I'd think now would be the time they'd offer "pre-construction" pricing on their memberships. 25% off initiation fees for the first 50 members, or something like that, to spur interest. The way I look at it, there's no discount for joining early, so I'm better off waiting to see what the other membership types are.

Here's the PDF of the membership table...

View attachment membership table.pdf

I'm guessing someone will be at the door to enforce the dress code of no 5.11 cargo shorts, boonie hats, 3 wolf t-shirts, plate carriers
or sandals will not be allowed entry. [sad2]

I live three miles away; the guy I spoke with today said they would be offering other membership types once they open the doors, but were trying to secure as many of the higher end memberships as they could right now. I'd think now would be the time they'd offer "pre-construction" pricing on their memberships. 25% off initiation fees for the first 50 members, or something like that, to spur interest. The way I look at it, there's no discount for joining early, so I'm better off waiting to see what the other membership types are.

Here's the PDF of the membership table...

View attachment 153014

well, there goes my interest......

Just as I thought; almost as bad as the Ipswich Country Club. I live 5 miles away but will never see the inside of the new club unless they give free tours. [laugh]

Didnt realize how pricy the country club is for golf. I had my wedding reception there in October and they had some of the best venue prices around and excellent food.

But back on topic, holy shit! $5k initiation fee!? Then almost a grand each year!? I'll stick with 24/7 range access and outdoor range with no RSO's required for $140 a year [laugh]

5k initiation fee if I had 5k just kicking around I wouldn't spend it on a gun club membership I would spend it on more guns

Back
Top Bottom