Boston Shooting Club

Someone beat you to it.

I worked in a nondescript office building just off I95 in Boca Raton, FL back around 1986. When the restaurant lon the first floor went belly up, it was replaced with "Le Club Mistique" - an exclusive dining establishment that was selling "memberships". They tried to go upscale by calling themselves a "nightclub", but it was just a restaurant.

You guessed it - pre-opening memberships at a discount, with a caution that members were not to let others who were not legit guests in, as such people would be milling about trying to get entry. They thought they if they acted like one of those "A listers only" places, that people would bite.

The only food they ever served were the munchies at a pre-opening sales event.

Were those "all day suckers" lollipops that they served? [rofl]

Someone beat you to it.

I worked in a nondescript office building just off I95 in Boca Raton, FL back around 1986. When the restaurant lon the first floor went belly up, it was replaced with "Le Club Mistique" - an exclusive dining establishment that was selling "memberships". They tried to go upscale by calling themselves a "nightclub", but it was just a restaurant.

You guessed it - pre-opening memberships at a discount, with a caution that members were not to let others who were not legit guests in, as such people would be milling about trying to get entry. They thought they if they acted like one of those "A listers only" places, that people would bite.

The only food they ever served were the munchies at a pre-opening sales event.

LMAO I am not surprised, its a stupid idea conjured by douchebags trying to attract richer douchebags to create a douchebag atmosphere few outside of LA care for. Wealthy people can simply make a reservation to any one of the several super upscale restaurants in Boston that is VIP based on price and reservation bullsh*t alone, very simple.

It takes a certain level of stupid to buy into this BSC crap without any physical proof of quality or really anything of value in return for your investment. Its different if the thing was built/operational, you could take a tour, and then decide if this supposed upscale club is worth the large fee/membership. Blind signing a check over to these guys when all they have is hopes and dreams but no capital? Its laughably stupid which is why they can't even put together enough to buy the $850K property let alone sufficient funds to justify a multi-million dollar loan required to build the shooting complex itself.
Honestly, anyone who forks over the $2.5K to these shooting club guys for the pre-opening initiation fee deserves to lose their money [rofl] don't like hating on ranges as I wish there were more in the area but this is a scam if I've ever seen one.

I really do hope it goes through.
If it flies, it can't help but boost shooting sports and the gun ownership in general.
There's no such thing as too many gun related businesses, especially in this state.
Color me skeptical though.
Maybe I've gotten jaded with age.

Here's where this turns into a giant RE scam and the AG decides to step in and regulate by fiat how gun clubs are financially organized and run under the guise of consumer protection.

/Wish I was just bullshitting

I heard an interesting second hand tidbit today. I guess the original site in Ipswich is out, now it's Rowley. The old Schilling Toy company. It's a 200' x 500' three story building built about 15 years ago. If this is true, instead of being 2 miles South of my work, it'll be 450' North West of my desk, through the woods, but still, I won't be able to resist.

I heard an interesting second hand tidbit today. I guess the original site in Ipswich is out, now it's Rowley. The old Schilling Toy company. It's a 200' x 500' three story building built about 15 years ago. If this is true, instead of being 2 miles South of my work, it'll be 450' North West of my desk, through the woods, but still, I won't be able to resist.

Ipswich was a head scratcher to begin with.
Probably one of the most business unfriendly towns around here.
Having delt with the town boards for years in a previous job, it would be the last place i would consider.
I wonder if they are getting their membership numbers.

Heard that today as well, and since the building is already built, membership costs may go down. BTW, where do you work?

Heard that today as well, and since the building is already built, membership costs may go down. BTW, where do you work?

Yankee Pine, and where'd you here it?

Ipswich was a head scratcher to begin with.
Probably one of the most business unfriendly towns around here.
Having delt with the town boards for years in a previous job, it would be the last place i would consider.
I wonder if they are getting their membership numbers.

I think I heard 1,300 committed, what ever that means.

Too Close!

Attachments

• Too Close.jpg
    Too Close.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I think I heard 1,300 committed, what ever that means.
Could mean anything from "1300 have paid" to "1300 have committed to join and pay once we are up and running" - all depends on what the stats are being generated for (estimate of cash on hand and opening volume of use; generate buzz to get others to hop ont he bandwagon; etc.)

Could mean anything from "1300 have paid" to "1300 have committed to join and pay once we are up and running" - all depends on what the stats are being generated for (estimate of cash on hand and opening volume of use; generate buzz to get others to hop ont he bandwagon; etc.)

Perhaps these people should be committed.

There used to be a Boston Shooting Club in Worcester on Grafton St. If it's the same people, they were great to deal with. They had a very good selection of guns to shoot, from handguns to MG.

That's where I heard it too, I snuck in after John had locked the door. I saw the Boston Shooting Club magnet and asked Rocco if he'd heard anything new about them.

I heard it from John, along with the Schylling building purchase. No word on a new opening date though.

I did a walk through of the Schylling building this afternoon, bought some shelving, cabinets, desks, chairs a table saw and an old Mosler safe. The building is freakin huge, it's gotta be 500' long. The guy I dealt with was just liquidating but he seemed to acknowledge the Boston Shooting Club was moving in.

Most likely storage, their collection is huge and they're run out of space in Salem.

I would agree, many museums have large amounts of collections which need to be stored in a well controlled environment and also if they need space to prep things for incoming lent collections that are shipped in.

Much of their website speaks in the present tense, but the "about" section mentions "coming 2018".

If looks like they have already shot themselves in the foot when it comes to getting people to join as members: "you are required to use our ammo on the range for safety and liability purposes"

Last edited:
Much of their website speaks in the present tense, but the "about" section mentions "coming 2018".

If looks like they have already shot themselves in the foot when it comes go getting people to join as members: "you are required to use our ammo on the range for safety and liability purposes"

Excellent policy....[rolleyes]

If looks like they have already shot themselves in the foot when it comes go getting people to join as members: "you are required to use our ammo on the range for safety and liability purposes"

I guess the very reasonable prices scared everyone away. IIRC, it was like $1000/year for membership.

Was just reading the thread on the Weston Gun Club and got to thinking about Boston Shooting Club. Anyone have any insight as to what happened to this place?

Facebook shows that a "Boston Shooting Club" has a mobile range (in a 14 wheeler trailer) and run gun safety classes at a variety of locations. I suspect "Shooting" instead of "Shooters" could mean an unrelated entity, but the location of Ipswich might be more than mere coincidence. Perhaps the same group started another business and used a different name as part of the corporate veil.

I wonder how things worked out with those allegedly "escrowed" funds.

The bostonshootersclub.com website is down, and the domain is in the "redemption period" (a 30 day or so grace period before it is available for purchase by someone else).

WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: Domain Names | The World's Largest Domain Name Registrar - GoDaddy
Updated Date: 2019-02-16T16:11:32Z
Creation Date: 2015-07-02T02:07:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-07-02T02:07:00Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 480-624-2505
Domain Status: redemptionPeriod EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form | ICANN
>>> Last update of whois database: 2019-03-03T18:28:38Z <<<

Back
Top Bottom