• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Security Drills Saturday

Ugh Officials to hold largest security drill in Boston’s history

So you don't have to give traffic to the globe:

The largest security training exercise in Boston’s history is slated to kick off at 8 a.m. Saturday with a simulated active school shooter drill in Brookline. It will continue with other drills during 24 hours and involve about 2,000 state and local personnel.

“The Urban Shield Program, as we’ve learned over the last year, is essential to our city’s safety at any time of crisis,” Mayor Martin J. Walsh of Boston.

“Since the 2013 Boston Marathon, we learned a lot about resiliency as a community and about professionalism of our first responders. This initiative has a lot to do with that,” Walsh said. Residents should not be alarmed, authorities said, if they see an increased police presence Saturday.

Rene Fielding, director of the city’s office of emergency management, declined to give details about each drill to avoid tipping off participants.

In addition to the school shooter drill, participants will respond to drills involving an injured officer in Cambridge, a hospital evacuation in Boston, a hostage rescue of elected officials at Boston City Hall, an explosive device on a transit system in Boston, a structural collapse on Moon Island, and a simulation of a terrorist takeover at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.

When should I expect to receive the "all clear", so that I know when to cease my shelter-in-place?

Huh, Let's see. When they had a school shooting drill in Newtown then they actually had one.

Bomb squad drill on Marathon day 2013 ended with a bombing.

Think they are going 3 for 3?

Posted on the Boston Fire Department as a comment to this link posted on their page

Sandy hook had a mass drill two weeks prior to the shooting. Why does a city with the best fire fighters and police need to do a mass casualty drill?

This should get interesting. [popcorn]

Huh, Let's see. When they had a school shooting drill in Newtown then they actually had one.

Bomb squad drill on Marathon day 2013 ended with a bombing.

Think they are going 3 for 3?

Bruins Game at the Garden starts at 12:30, Red Sox game at Fenway starts at 1:30, The Kentucky Derby is in the afternoon and it is supposed to be almost 70 and Sunny.

My tinfoil hat isn't on that tight, but they would certainly have plenty of choices for opportunity.

Yeah, this should be fun! What could go wrong!

As first responder teams arrive from throughout Greater Boston, they will be assigned to deal with a series of 11 complex public safety scenarios based on past real-life events, including:

• an “active shooter” situation in Brookline;
  • a Simulated evacuation of Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston;
  • a “hostage” rescue of elected officials in Boston;
  • an “explosive device” found in the transit system;
  • an “injured officer” situation in Cambridge;
  • a simulated downed plane at Logan International Airport in Boston;
  • a “parking lot collapse” in Boston; and
  • a large-scale consolidated event at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.

Awesome, let's defend ourselves against attacks that have already happened!

I bet a lot of people feel safer already.

so... during this "drill" will my freedom of movement and 4th Amendment rights be suspended and violated if I happen to be in these areas?

Just knock over a bank at Fenway and watch all the cops knock each other over trying to get there.

As though interagency cooperation is a real thing. Please.

"a hostage rescue of elected officials at Boston City Hall"

This made me chuckle... anything there even worth rescuing? [rofl]

This is just great. I'lll be in Boston working. Hopefully anything to do with Logan or the Convention center will happen after noon.

I saw 3 black helicopters flying low over Chatham today. Must be warming up for tomorrow. I've never seen that down here before.

Last edited:
Looks like the idea of getting tickets to the bruins game tomorrow afternoon just went right out the window... No thanks.

more reason never to live inside 128.

community "resiliency" is progressive statist talk for we're going to bash your door down with swat teams chasing a teenager.

so much for the hot pursuit concept.

Yeah, this should be fun! What could go wrong!

As first responder teams arrive from throughout Greater Boston, they will be assigned to deal with a series of 11 complex public safety scenarios based on past real-life events, including:

• an “active shooter” situation in Brookline;
  • a Simulated evacuation of Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston;
  • a “hostage” rescue of elected officials in Boston;
  • an “explosive device” found in the transit system;
  • an “injured officer” situation in Cambridge;
  • a simulated downed plane at Logan International Airport in Boston;
  • a “parking lot collapse” in Boston; and
  • a large-scale consolidated event at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.

My lord would it suck if they false-flagged all that at once !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom