Boston Security Drills Saturday

All the more reason (as if any is needed) to stay out of that s**t hole. Anyone care to predict the number of injuries suffered by the participants and whether any will result in disability retirements. It sounds way too ambitious for it to work...
White Feather

A simulated 2000-alarm simulation in Chinatown? Talk about a massive Chinese Fire Drill!

1. LEOs in vehicles will rush out of Boston to the suburbs
2. LEOs in vehicles will rush to Boston from the suburbs
3. Confirmation that communications between agencies is STILL not functional, despite $10s of millions spent since 9-11
4. A dozen Class III firearms missing
5. Two negigent discharges (guns that just went off)
6. Three overweight desk jockeys suffer unsimulated heart attacks and are mistakenly ignored ("line of duty" payouts but no parades)

This ought to be interesting. If not for NES, I wouldn't have known anything about this, except for a couple of quick little blurbs about it in the news that were barely noticeable. I can see all kinds of panic from the 'uninformed' and 911 systems being overwhelmed as real emergencies go unanswered. [thinking]

http://victorypost.com/?p=1956

"...Boston has hosted the training exercise since 2011, and has had teams of police participating in it as far back as 2007. The exercise continues to be surrounded in secrecy with officials giving the public minimum notice ahead of its schedule date and declining to give details about the drills “to avoid tipping off participants.”

But what about the details of last years drills? Surely the public can be informed of the exercise plans that are more than a year old. Officials have yet to provide an explanation of the Boston Urban Shield 2013 exercises which were quietly canceled after the attacks on the Marathon. The only reason we know anything about them at all is because an anonymous law enforcement official leaked the plans to a Boston Globe reporter who wrote a single article about it. But what we learned from that one article was so interesting, many found it odd that it gained virtually zero traction in the rest of the mainstream media and was never followed up on.
The article revealed that, at the time of the bombing of the Marathon, officials in Boston were planning Urban Shield scenarios that were “frighteningly similar” to the actual attacks. The drills involved a domestic terrorist group that would plant backpacks full of explosives around Boston, requiring the same type of police response that we saw unfold after the bombings took place. The Globe reported that, “in the scenario, the terrorists would flee police in stolen cars…” and investigators, “would have to track down footage of the bombers caught by street surveillance cameras and the phones of ‘witnesses.’ The anonymous official told the Globe, “the real thing happened before we were able to execute.”
Although the use of multiple “improvised explosive devices” (IEDs) to cause mass casualties on US soil was called a first and considered to be a “watershed moment,” it seems that officials in Boston had been intensely exercising this very scenario leading up to and possibly during the Marathon. One month before the event, officials ran exercises drilling a scenario of an IED explosion during the Marathon, and then the week before they ran another drill that included a bombing scenario. These are just the examples I know of and are admitted..."
[tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil]
White Feather

There is a massive staging area (I guess) for this that is occupying the MDC parking lot at Marina Bay/ Squantum Point in Quincy.
They were setting up days ago.
There was so much equipment, trucks, lights, tents etc, that we thought it was some sort of movie or TV show set.
I work for the marina. A co worker and I drove a golf cart over today to see WTF was going on and we were asked t leave.
We asked who was paying for it and were told it was FEMA funded. Last night my coworker was told that all the agencies involved were private companies.
The logos on the trucks were fake looking with an outline of the state of MA and a patriot. So cheesy that it added fuel to the idea it was a movie set...
Wish I took pics...

Tap

Back
Top Bottom