Boston Red Sox 2014

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I'm waiting for my 10 game pack to come in the mail. And if things work out, my son and grandson will be here in May and we'll take my grandson to his first Red Sox game.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
12 days until Pitchers and catchers report

Who replaces Ellsbury this year? - Bradley, Sizemore?or an unknown?

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
12 days until Pitchers and catchers report

Who replaces Ellsbury this year? - Bradley, Sizemore?or an unknown?
I think that at first they'll platoon Sizemore and Bradley. One or the other might end up as the starter or they may look for someone else. I

In other news, I'm a bit surprised that they haven't resigned Stephen Drew. I think Boras might have over estimated his value and painted himself into a corner. He did a very good job for the Red Sox last year, especially during the playoffs and World Series. I know they have Boegarts, but they need some more options on the left side of the infield. Boegarts can play either Short or Third and frankly Middlebrooks is question mark at this point.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
They will. Actually, Middlebrooks is under the Red Sox control for a while since he's still a rookie. I'd have to look up the details as it varies by how any years they've been in the majors and trips back and forth to Pawtucket complicate it more. The Red Sox could keep him, trade him, or I think send him back down if they felt they needed to. That last is the least likely I think.

Drew is a solid player with very good defensive skills. His major flaw is inconsistency at the plate. A trait he shares with J.D. If he was a better hitter, he'd have a contract at this point.

thought I heard they would still sign Middlebrooks even if the resigned Drew

Top Bottom