• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Proposes State Law Requiring Doctors to Ask About Guns In the Home

Well, I finally had to throw up the "BOUNDARY VIOLATION DOCTOR!!!!!!!!" protest yesterday morning when I went for my annual physical. She was asking the familiar battery about life choices that "could" affect risk factors.

When she got the question about firearms, my hackles went up.

"BOUNDARY VIOLATION DOCTOR!!!!!!!!"
Dr. "I have to ask....

NO! You don't!!! We are not going to discuss things that have nothing to do with medicine or health.

Dr. "It is my job.."

NO! It is Not. How many sex toys do you have in your nightstand? Would you like to tell me that?
She made the shape of a zero with her hand. "Fine if you want to tell me that, but I am not answering any such questions and am disappointed that you would ask.

Dr. "I don't want to get political...."

Well, you ARE and we will now move on.

She was wise enough to drop it at that point and move on. Too bad, because she is a good and responsive doctor. Unfortunately she seems to be and ivory tower liberal who has probably never so much as touched a firearm, but is brainwashed that they are bad. So sad.
Is she guilty?

You should have kept the sex toy conversation going.

Not only she wrote down YES, she probably made a note that he gets easily aggravated.

But this is NES, people have to make it harder on themselves. A simple "NO" would be too easy.
Probably started to draw up a draft for an ERPO, "Notes: wild overreactions to yes/no questions, conflating sexual intimacy with firearms and force."

Ran into the firearms in the home question today at my checkup. Said no comment, but as disturbing as it was to be asked that at the Dr's, I gotta imagine the state knows between my hunting license and CCW License that I own firearms right? Still, a disturbing and ridiculous question to be asked during an annual checkup...

Ran into the firearms in the home question today at my checkup. Said no comment, but as disturbing as it was to be asked that at the Dr's, I gotta imagine the state knows between my hunting license and CCW License that I own firearms right? Still, a disturbing and ridiculous question to be asked during an annual checkup...
I feel left out as I’ve never been asked :(. Although they probably don’t have to as they can see it once my shirt comes off 🤣

"No, but I'm curious to find out more about driveway safety, pool safety, pool fence codes and special locks for pool gates, auto safety, gas, broken glass, stored cleaning chemicals, buckets, toilets, sharp objects, garden tools, home tools, power tools, lawnmowers, lawn chemicals, scissors, needles, forks, knives, etc."

"No, but I'm curious to find out more about driveway safety, pool safety, pool fence codes and special locks for pool gates, auto safety, gas, broken glass, stored cleaning chemicals, buckets, toilets, sharp objects, garden tools, home tools, power tools, lawnmowers, lawn chemicals, scissors, needles, forks, knives, etc."
... medical malpractice...

What a dumb thing for a doctor to ask. It's none of their business and has no bearing on health. If a doctor asks me about it, I'm going to ask their favorite sexual position. [rofl]
And when they say reverse cowgirl, what are you going to say?

Pediatricians will ask you right in front of the kids, so be aware of that too...

I assume they ask everyone to not discriminate but it is more to get kids to unknowingly get parents caught up

Don't forget ladders, step stools, folding chairs.
Umbrellas, they'll poke your eye out.

I assume they ask everyone to not discriminate but it is more to get kids to unknowingly get parents caught up

Molding a little swine one visit at the time:

Evidence has emerged since the dissolution of the Soviet Union of the fabrication of the Pavlik Morozov legend, as well as what Soviet officials thought of him. Maxim Gorky spoke to the Communist youth organization in 1933 of ‘the heroic deed of Pioneer Pavlik Morozov, the boy who understood that a person who is a relative by blood may well be an enemy of the spirit, and that such a person is not to be spared’. Gorky was an ally and favourite of Stalin’s, but this particular initiative does not seem to have been to Stalin’s taste, at least according to rumour: ‘What a little swine, denouncing his own father,’ is one remark attributed to Stalin.[2]

HIPAA won’t protect you. Do I think doctors are forwarding this information automatically? No. But if law enforcement submits a written request for health information the doctor is allowed to disclose it to the cops.

The easiest solution to being asked is to act like a normal person who doesn’t own guns. Just say no and move on, as if they’d asked you if you smoke crack rocks. Any other answer is a “yes”.

Back
Top Bottom