• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Proper. Closest green town on a train path into the city?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
On another forum a guy asked what is a gun friendly town in MA that is on any train path into the city. The guys wife got a job in the financial district of Boston and they are starting to look for apartments that are walking distance to a train station. From what I know I would think Natick or Franklin. Anyone think of a green town that’s closer? Want to give him some good advice.

Oh and he knows Ma sucks for guns and that the apartment will be highway robbery.

On another forum a guy asked what is a gun friendly town in MA that is on any train path into the city. The guys wife got a job in the financial district of Boston and they are starting to look for apartments that are walking distance to a train station. From what I know I would think Natick or Franklin. Anyone think of a green town that’s closer? Want to give him some good advice.

Oh and he knows Ma sucks for guns and that the apartment will be highway robbery.
There's no more traditional red vs green. Even so, Arlington and Somerville were both "green" before Bruen.

What exactly (other than "gun friendly" and "on the train") are they looking for in their future hometown? Are they hoping for easy access to restaurants and nightlife? Do they want to live near the woods?

There's no more traditional red vs green. Even so, Arlington and Somerville were both "green" before Bruen.

What exactly (other than "gun friendly" and "on the train") are they looking for in their future hometown? Are they hoping for easy access to restaurants and nightlife? Do they want to live near the woods?

Only thing he asked was gun friendly and walking distance to train station. He didn’t seem to care about anything else.

Budget is up to $3500 a month for at least a two bedroom.

Any train. Commuter or subway
This is like asking for the best car or restaurant. Without knowing more about their values, there's really no good answer. You can literally just give them the T map and say "anywhere but Brookline meets your needs."

And even Brookline is only as anti as they're allowed to be. The rest might slow walk applications.

If they're willing to take the commuter rail, they could equally consider the commuter bus from NH. That would actually be gun friendly.

I know there are apartment complexes in Ashland (Cirrus), Franklin (Station 117), and Norwood (Avalon) that are walking distance to communter rail stations and under $3,500 for a 2-bedroom.

I know Franklin was green when I last lived there, not sure on Ashland or Norwood.

Does this include "commuter rail"? Westborough, Grafton, Hopkinton?
Of course, this is no bullet train. In the past 5 minutes, it was from 0-4 MPH.

I take the commuter rail into Boston from Leominster. A very 2A friendly city. And I am selling my beautiful home less than 10 minutes to the station. PM here and we can make a deal! 😁

It depends on what you mean by "green".

Many towns are non-obfuscatory in their issuance of LTCs to the qualified, but there are other factors. For example, will a CWOF, dismissed charge or not guilty finding result in denial, suspension or revocation of an LTC? Will due process be respected? Will the subject be at risk of losing his/her/its LTC if they exercise their right to remain silent when questioned about a crime? Etc......

Some trains come into North Station and some into South Station. They should factor in the transit time from each to their work.

MBTA passes are tax deductible, keep the receipts.

MBTA passes are good for the Boston Water Taxi between the Aquarium and the Navy Yard.

Some of the "scenery" once the weather warms up to skirt length, is outstanding.

Framingham is a crap hole, but never gave me trouble on renewals in the 30 years I lived there.

However, we had three home invasions*, one neighbor was burglarized six or so times (they had a wicked nice house and we had a wicked vicious pit bull). Another neighbor was raided for drugs and prostitution at least a couple times.

Hmmm... Maybe look at Westboro or Sudbury instead 😂

* Four if you count our son's baby sitter's door blown off it's hinges by drug dealers looking for the sitter's husband.

I second Wakefield. Easy 20 minute ride on the commuter rail to North Station.

Hundreds of newer higher end apartments spinning up in the last few years.

It's a nice town....

Dorchester. The locals apparently LOVE guns.

I'm with the crew who would suggest a place on a commuter rail line. As long as you're showing up early, you should be able to get a reliable trip down to North Station. I'm thinking somewhere in the Wakefield/Stoneham stretch.

Back
Top Bottom