• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Police Seize Marijuana, Assault Rifle and Banana Clips

This.

The Beretta in the picture looks to be a Beretta 70, which uses magazines that have 7-10 round capacity (a single stack 7 rounder is pictured). Moreover, the trend of the Massachusetts courts has been to hold large capacity firearms as a fourth category of guns under state law (in addition to "rifles", "shotguns", and the catch-all "firearms") rather than merely a modifier of the other three categories, though to my knowlege there hasn't been any solid case law on the issue.

In my view, BPD correctly charged the large capacity firearm since, despite not being on the large capacity roster, a large capacity feeding device was found in the control of a person who also had a semi-auto weapon capable of accepting that device. See 501 CMR 7.02.

Even though the 10/22 isn't on the large capacity roster, and even if he didn't have any LCFD's, the addition of the two
'evil features' (folding stock and pistol grip), would have been sufficient to hit him with the unlawful possession charge.

Apartment #1 must be huge. Eight dogs and 6 adults inside? It was probably a noise complaint from apartment #2 residents that caught the initial attention of BPD.

But for the love of christ, would the media stop painting pit bulls as some kind of vicious wild animal that only wants to kill? I mean, dear god, any pit bull I've ever met, the only danger you're in is getting slobbered to death while they try and snuggle with you. Obviously they were in grave danger, and these brave officers handled 8 of said teddy-bears ALL BY THEMSELVES.
What heroes.

I love my GF's pitbull. She slobbers the crap out of me. Only problem is that I come home covered in her white hairs!

+1...so terrifying...
5FD9A7C4-2EF5-4820-9859-438D6769CA3F_zpsn9ckmy6w.jpg

They should be happy he had those mags as the chances of the 10/22 firing more than once with those things is a 50/50 chance at best.

The police chiefs have to justify the cost in man hours of investigating, obtaining a warrant, assembling a SWAT team, evidence paperwork/storage, etc etc. So obviously they're going to try and make every little bust sound extra dangerous.

Posting this one more for historical purposes. Didn't get charged for anything to do with body armor - further reinforcing that there's nothing on the books preventing someone from owning. Too bad he wasn't wearing it.

10697408_10152562732462685_6819832820743966027_o.jpg

One Less Gun: Body Armor, Ammunition and Gun Recovered After Arrest, Search

On Sunday November 30, 2014, at about 4:33 PM, officers assigned to the Drug Control Unit executed search warrants in the area of 107 Shurtleff Street, Chelsea. The suspect of the investigation exited the dwelling and was observed walking on Central Avenue. Officers noticed the suspect holding a black colored sock in his hand. As the officers approached the suspect, he opened the door of a business and threw the black sock inside. Officers attempted to take the suspect into custody and violent struggle ensued. After gaining control of the suspect, officers recovered a loaded semi-automatic handgun inside the sock that was thrown into the store. Officers returned to 107 Shurtleff Street and made a peaceful entry. Recovered inside the residence were 32 rounds of ammunition, one plastic bag of marijuana, a scale and a bullet resistant vest.

Officers arrested 19-year-old Jessi Cardona-Restrepo, of Chelsea, and charged him with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Carrying a loaded Firearm on Public Way, Receiving Stolen Property (Gun was reported stolen on 1/21/14), and Possession with Intent to Distribute Marijuana. Arraignment is scheduled in East Boston Court.

Boston Man Convicted and Sentenced to State Prison for Illegally Selling and Possessing Firearms

BOSTON — A Boston man has been convicted by a jury and sentenced to three to four years in state prison in connection with illegally selling and possessing firearms, Attorney General Maura Healey announced today.

Canez Tout-Puissant, 42, of Boston, was convicted Thursday after a two-day jury trial in Suffolk Superior Court on the charges of Possession of a Rifle (one count) Possession of a Firearm (one count) and Possession of Ammunition (two counts). He later pleaded guilty to being an armed career criminal and was sentenced by Judge Jeffrey Locke to three to four years in state prison.

The charges stem from a long-running investigation by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) into Tout-Puissant for selling illegal firearms. The investigation revealed that Tout-Puissant illegally sold a rifle, a pistol and ammunition to an undercover police officer in a car in Mattapan.

AG Healey is committed to putting an end to irresponsible and illegal gun use and sales in Massachusetts and is working with partners in law enforcement to get guns out of the hands of dangerous people.

This case was prosecuted by Assistant Attorneys General Cesar Vega and Jessica Frattaroli, both of AG Healey’s Criminal Bureau. The case was investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Boston Police and Brockton Police.

Back
Top Bottom