• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Police Seize Marijuana, Assault Rifle and Banana Clips

****. I wish I weren't kidding. Boston Police "EAT"? C'mon guys. Better acronyms. At least the 8 pit bulls weren't shot. The infant still hasn't been safely secured...

http://bpdnews.com/news/2014/11/21/one-less-gun

Early this morning members of the Boston Police Drug Control Unit executed a warrant at 68 Stranton Street, Apt. 1, Dorchester. Utilizing the services of the Boston Police Entry and Apprehension Team, officers made a forced entry into the residence. Inside, the officers encountered 8 Pit Bull dogs, 6 adults and one infant. Officers safely secured the Pit Bull dogs and adults inside the apartment.

During the execution of the warrant officers located a Ruger assault rifle, with two banana clips loaded with 46 rounds of ammunition, a loaded Beretta semi-automatic handgun, and four containers of what is believed to be marijuana.

Located and arrested inside the apartment was 39-year-old Canez Tout Puissant of Dorchester. He is charged with, Unlawful Possession of High Capacity Firearm, Unlawful Possession of a High Capacity Feeding Device, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition and Possession with Intent to Distribute Class “D” drugs (Marijuana.) Puissant will be arraigned today in Dorchester District Court.

Last edited:
So.. a 10/22 isn't considered a high-cap rifle is it? A junior (or FID holder) could buy one.
So because he had it with high-cap mags (clearly post ban) does that warrant the "Unlawful Possession of High Capacity Firearm" charge? Or did they mischarge him?

Cost/Benefit is pretty lob-sided on this one.
What does the BPD care though, it's not their money being wasted in these fruitless endeavors.

I think that for every "raid" they go through with they should have to post the total amount of $$ spent vs. the amount of product recovered so the MA taxpayers can see that we are throwing our money away on with these cavalier ding-dongs.

6 adults living together in dorchester should look into EBT fraud instead of petty weed possession.

Cost/Benefit is pretty lob-sided on this one.
What does the BPD care though, it's not their money being wasted in these fruitless endeavors.

I think that for every "raid" they go through with they should have to post the total amount of $$ spent vs. the amount of product recovered so the MA taxpayers can see that we are throwing our money away on with these cavalier ding-dongs.

That'd just result in more Cop Math..."Police confiscated three joints with a total street value of $500"

Legalize the damn stuff already and sell and tax it like alcoholic beverages. Take the profit out of it and let manufacturers and distributors settle their business differences in court rather than on the street, and you'll see violence go down.

Those look like smoked Butler Creek mags. Not preban?

some of the smoked ones I belive are, I found some links about when they redesigned the mags and logos to help get a rough idea of a time period. the solid black ones are good to go. I know they still make smoked mags

So.. a 10/22 isn't considered a high-cap rifle is it? A junior (or FID holder) could buy one.
So because he had it with high-cap mags (clearly post ban) does that warrant the "Unlawful Possession of High Capacity Firearm" charge? Or did they mischarge him?
State law firearm is a handgun. The high capacity firearm is the Beretta.

The BPD often shows their loot that they captured. Its always "hey look another evil gun off the street"; meanwhile the criminals will get lite sentences and are back on the street in no time. Newsflash for the BPD: There are an estimated 300 million firearms in private hands, good luck with that "hey we took ONE more gun off the street" tactic.

IANAL but I believe they discharged him. They will 'straighten' it out I am sure. But the magazines are likely illegal (not sure there are any pre ban ones).

What kind of Beretta is that?

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't look like a hi cap gun from the pic.
Right, if it is a 70 there are no greater than 10 round mags. Maybe they did mean the 10/22. That would be consistent with the cmr that states that having a high cap magazine inserted makes something a large capacity weapon.

Is that a krinker plinker , and is this guy a Frenchman ?
My guess would be either Creole or African. Canez is not a french name. His last name, "Tout Puissant", means almighty, which is one heck of a Christian name. I've seen names like that in Burundi, Burkina Faso, and a few other assorted shitholes.

Back
Top Bottom