Boston Police Recover Loaded Gun In Sewer Drain

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Boston police recover loaded gun in sewer drain

190827-dorchetser-firearm.jpg

No great loss, it was a Taurus .380, so that was probably a good place for it.

Would a sewer drain pass the Mass sniff test as a locked container?
Certainly tougher to get into, let’s say then a gym bag w $3 lock
I’m mean where are the homeless to store their weapons ?

these "live round" propagandists are gonna be the death of me

I womder how they knew it was live. Did they fire it? I would hardly call a cartridge soaked in sewage for years "live"... That has got to ruin the powder eventually.

How do you flush a pistol?

Rremove end cap used for cleaning the main line. Shove pistol down it. Close end cap and just hope future use of the plumbing pushes it along instead of cause a giant clog that then has to be investigated.

great reporting...

With the help of the Boston Water and Sewer Commission, officers responding to the scene on Wabon Street around 4:15 p.m. found a black and gray Taurus .380 ACP firearm loaded with one live round of .380 ammunition in the chamber and three live rounds of .380 ammunition in the magazine.

Responding to the scene? What "scene"?

Like seriously, did someone call the police about a "rogue gun in a sewer" or something? [rofl]

You guys ever read these things and be like "WHAT IN THE JESUS ACTUAL f*** actually happened here?"

"IF IT WEREN'T FOR MY HORSE... I WOULDN'T HAVE SPENT THAT YEAR IN COLLEGE. " [rofl]

-Mike

Storm drain and sewer are two totally different animals. Storm drain is surface water run-off and is not anywhere near as nasty as a sewer. Sewer if full of shit, waste water and everything you can imagine flushed down the john, some seriously caustic liquid in any main line sewer.

Title should be "Boston Police Recover STOLEN Loaded gun in Sewer Drain."

Everyone knows that nobody legally carrying a gun that they bought is going to toss it into a storm drain.....even if its a Taurus.
Now the question is, will Boston PD obey the law and return it to its rightful owner. My guess is NO, they will not obey the law and will either destroy it or conveniently lose it.

Everyone knows that nobody legally carrying a gun that they bought is going to toss it into a storm drain.....even if its a Taurus.
Now the question is, will Boston PD obey the law and return it to its rightful owner. My guess is NO, they will not obey the law and will either destroy it or conveniently lose it.

One word: Flobert.

A Boston Water and Sewer crew vacuuming out and jet cleaning catch basins might have popped off the storm grate, looked down, and called BPD.

Utility and construction crews sometimes come across stashed guns and drugs in traffic control, lighting, electrical, gate valve, etc. boxes.

Meh, it's a Taurus so I'm betting strawed vs stolen on that one.... it waa likely discarded because getting caught riding dirty is expensive compared to just getting another. Or maybe the "owner" just did something bad with it....

-Mike

Technically, was that gun considered "On the streets" or not?

In the streets? Close enough for lefties.

I like thinking outside the box, but maybe they should have stuck with the more conventional boating accident to lose the gun.

Storm drain and sewer are two totally different animals. Storm drain is surface water run-off and is not anywhere near as nasty as a sewer. Sewer if full of shit, waste water and everything you can imagine flushed down the john, some seriously caustic liquid in any main line sewer.
Not exactly. Many older cities like Boston have a shared system.

Back
Top Bottom