• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Police Range

That pretty well characterizes a student that I had. She was a petite woman in her 60s. Her hands were small, she had little hand strength, and she was used to shooting semi-autos. She was also undergoing treatment for late stage cancer, and her visit to the Moon Island range was scheduled for February.

She gave up on it instead, which is clearly the desired result of BPD's policy.

Another one of the "great reduction" in gun licensees (but not necessarily owners) after Chapter 180?

Rob, I thought that Brookline sent applicants to Moon Island too.

I know with certainty that Brookline (as of a couple of years ago) would accept any certified instructor's signature as I filled out the form for a club member who was submitting (and received) his Brookline renewal. I even got chewed out by Scrivener for not convincing him to retain legal counsel to fight the requirement rather than get the signoff on his applicaiton.

I know with certainty that Brookline (as of a couple of years ago) would accept any certified instructor's signature as I filled out the form for a club member who was submitting (and received) his Brookline renewal. I even got chewed out by Scrivener for not convincing him to retain legal counsel to fight the requirement rather than get the signoff on his applicaiton.

"Chewed out?" Dear me. I thought it was simply an presentation of options, with the projected benefits to the firearms community at large. Does this mean I'm "un-mutual?"

Kimmie = Back at ya, babe! I always enjoy seeing Las Amigas roll in.

"Chewed out?" Dear me. I thought it was simply an presentation of options

When dealing with The Scriv, it's hard to tell the difference - but his thoughts are always worth listening to.

That`s such BS. Another reason I hate Boston and will never forgive the liberals who have ruined the city with their left wings policies.

I Guess Boston is totally different than the suburbs, I took the 4hr training class in Framingham (Mass Firearms School) then went to my local pd and applied right then and there with the sargeant and 3 months later, lic arrived. this weekend I just purchased a Ruger .22/45 MKIII w/5.5" Barrel/Adjustable Sights

If you qualify, you get it. If you don't, you're restricted.

Wrong. I was restricted before my name was verified and given the option of backing out because it would be restricted to sport and target. I passed my range test and to no surprise received the licensed as promised RESTRICTION: SPORT AND TARGET

Wrong. I was restricted before my name was verified and given the option of backing out because it would be restricted to sport and target. I passed my range test and to no surprise received the licensed as promised RESTRICTION: SPORT AND TARGET

Yep.

Actually, Mr. Dragger is right. What "qualify" means in the context of his original post it "Meet the standard of need required by the Boston PD." There are some things that they automatically consider qualifying (certain types of business owners), and some which may require a case by case determination.

Back
Top Bottom