Boston police officer shot, suspect dead

seems like the officers did their job..hope the wounded one recovers quickly. one POS dead..should have been two

One thug off the streets for good... if the prosecutors can't do their job, I'm all about these morons ending their own lives through their stupidity. Hope the cop recovers quickly.

Mike

Officials would not comment on whether the officers were in uniform.

The second man involved in the initial altercation was taken to the police station for questioning. He was not injured, and has not been charged with any crimes at this point.

Officials have not identified anyone involved in the shooting, only saying the suspect who allegedly opened fire was known to police.

Any reason why they won't say if they were in uniform or not?

There was a shoving match yet the other guy wasn't charged with anything?

The shooter was known?

There is definitely more to this. I wonder in what capacity he was known to police, if he knew those police that were involved.

Any reason why they won't say if they were in uniform or not?

There was a shoving match yet the other guy wasn't charged with anything?

The shooter was known?

There is definitely more to this. I wonder in what capacity he was known to police, if he knew those police that were involved.

Sounds to me like they may have been undercover, although I could be wrong.

Where in the story is there any indication the guy was a scumbag?

Officials have not identified anyone involved in the shooting, only saying the suspect who allegedly opened fire was known to police.

Generally this is not an indication that he was known, and not for his donations to the Police Athletic League.

Shot at the police, died of lead poisoning. Sounds pretty scummy to me.

Police also shot at him. Are they also scummy? What if it turns out the cops were not im uniform, didn't identify, and started the initial physical confrontation mentioned? I'd shoot at them too. The other guy wasn't charged. There is a lot more to this story then just some random guy shooting at uniformed police. If that does turn out to be true, I agree, it's not a bad thing the guy was killed. But from that report there isn't much there to make a determination either way.

Police also shot at him. Are they also scummy? What if it turns out the cops were not im uniform, didn't identify, and started the initial physical confrontation mentioned? I'd shoot at them too. The other guy wasn't charged. There is a lot more to this story then just some random guy shooting at uniformed police. If that does turn out to be true, I agree, it's not a bad thing the guy was killed. But from that report there isn't much there to make a determination either way.
I'm guessing you don't spend much time in that part of the city.

Before I comment, I want some facts.

Could be scumbag cop, could be scumbag LEO. Too many have died in the name of "Protect and Serve*"

*Apologies for being out of date

Geeez, sometimes you guys sound like the coppers never do anything right. Paranoia much?

Not paranoia at all. I also won't sell my morals to the highest bidder either. It appears you have already chosen your side. I'm completely fine with that. It's just my opinion you have chosen poorly.

CONFIRMED - scumbag.

As referenced in this duped thread that I can't find the original for, as noted in Boston.com story about the non-shooter arrested incidental to the shooting, the scumbag who shot at and injured a police officer on Saturday and then died by police gun fire was the one who was arrested for a loaded (Intratec AB-10 incorrectly identified as an) Intratec Tec-9 in a backpack at Massbay Community College in Wellesley in 2011 and sent to prison in 2012.

He was out on probation.

Back
Top Bottom