• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Police Arrest Thirteen Year Old Boy Carrying Gun While Driving

While that kid is an overchiever (and is, I think, arrest #305 for illegal guns this year) this one rules the roost.

• 16 yo, no license.
  • Wrong way on a one way
  • Drunk
  • Stolen scooter
  • Runs away, drops gun
  • Drives into a police car!

From BPD News

At about 2:53 AM, on Saturday, June 25, 2022, an officer assigned to District B-3 (Mattapan), on patrol in his cruiser, was struck by a scooter being driven by an intoxicated 16-year-old male juvenile. The scooter was traveling the wrong way on Helen Street onto Bernard Street (near Franklin Park) when it collided with the cruiser.

The suspect was placed under arrest and charged with; Delinquent to wit; Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol, Delinquent to wit; Driving to Endanger, Delinquent to wit; Operating a Motor Vehicle Without a License. He is expected to be arraigned in Dorchester District Court.

The passenger on the scooter, a 16-year-old juvenile from Jamaica Plain (!), fled the scene on foot while clutching a fanny pack to his chest. Officers recovered a discarded 9mm Beretta APX firearm with an obliterated serial number along his flight path. He will face pending charges in Dorchester Juvenile Court.

While that kid is an overchiever (and is, I think, arrest #305 for illegal guns this year) this one rules the roost.

• 16 yo, no license.
  • Wrong way on a one way
  • Drunk
  • Stolen scooter
  • Runs away, drops gun
  • Drives into a police car!

From BPD News

At about 2:53 AM, on Saturday, June 25, 2022, an officer assigned to District B-3 (Mattapan), on patrol in his cruiser, was struck by a scooter being driven by an intoxicated 16-year-old male juvenile. The scooter was traveling the wrong way on Helen Street onto Bernard Street (near Franklin Park) when it collided with the cruiser.

The suspect was placed under arrest and charged with; Delinquent to wit; Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol, Delinquent to wit; Driving to Endanger, Delinquent to wit; Operating a Motor Vehicle Without a License. He is expected to be arraigned in Dorchester District Court.

The passenger on the scooter, a 16-year-old juvenile from Jamaica Plain (!), fled the scene on foot while clutching a fanny pack to his chest. Officers recovered a discarded 9mm Beretta APX firearm with an obliterated serial number along his flight path. He will face pending charges in Dorchester Juvenile Court.
A scooter is not a motor vehicle! But sure, tag it on...I'm certain he was going to turn it around...some day! Now do I mean the scooter or his eefed up existence?

A scooter is not a motor vehicle! But sure, tag it on...I'm certain he was going to turn it around...some day! Now do I mean the scooter or his eefed up existence?
M.G. L. c. 90, § 1. In general, any vehicle constructed and designed for propulsion by power other than muscular power is a “motor vehicle” in the Commonwealth. This would include, for example, automobiles, vans, trucks, buses, motorcycles, and motorized scooters

M.G. L. c. 90, § 1. In general, any vehicle constructed and designed for propulsion by power other than muscular power is a “motor vehicle” in the Commonwealth. This would include, for example, automobiles, vans, trucks, buses, motorcycles, and motorized scooters
The good folks of Beacon Hill have thought of everything.

Only off by a letter and a space. LOL

13yo driving - not bad. My uncle was driving at 13. Of course, that was 1965. And my grandfather who taught him to drive at 13 was bat-poop crazy. LOL

We had a kid around here using one without a license as he’s only 14 or something and he posted in a local forum that under 49cc or something like that was not considered a motor vehicle. Looked like a cut and paste from our over lords. I can’t find the post now. Either way the kid is clearly in need of a good hiding!

We had a kid around here using one without a license as he’s only 14 or something and he posted in a local forum that under 49cc or something like that was not considered a motor vehicle. Looked like a cut and paste from our over lords. I can’t find the post now. Either way the kid is clearly in need of a good hiding!
The under 50cc thing is in the definition for motorized bicycles.
''Motorized bicycle'', a pedal bicycle which has a helper motor, or a non-pedal bicycle which has a motor, with a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty cubic centimeters, an automatic transmission, and which is capable of a maximum speed of no more than thirty miles per hour.

Back in the day, late 60s, my dad was working in Roxbury. Had a car pull up next to him at a light, he looked over and the kid wasn't more than 10 years old, looking right at my father and his partner. Light turns green the car accelerates. They pull it over, the kid driving is sitting on a milk case, and there's a second kid on the floor pushing the pedals. Someone had stolen the car and dumped it running in front of their house, they decided to take it for a ride

He was turning his life around. He was just going to buy a ruckus in a back alley from Reptile [rofl]

Will Massachusetts flex it's mighty tough on guns muscles? Or will it be a slap on the wrist and don't do it again because I suspect it will be the latter. It's already decided in advance so why even need the criminal justice system.

Now the parents are going after the police, because their little boy didn do nofin.

The 49cc might be for bikes, but is also part of the definition for registration, over that you need a license plate/decal I believe.

Only off by a letter and a space. LOL

13yo driving - not bad. My uncle was driving at 13. Of course, that was 1965. And my grandfather who taught him to drive at 13 was bat-poop crazy. LOL
Father-in-law's family was from some place in Canada. Back in 1949 or so, he would share driving to Canada with his father. Each would drive 50 miles, then they would swap. He was 12.

A 13 year old behind the wheel is just as dangerous as 13 year old with a gun.

In either case someone is bound to get hurt, or worse.
Is a 13 year old behind the wheel with a gun doubly dangerous? Me thinks so.

Final test for getting patched in. Post arrest, someone's life was probably spared tonight. Thug in training will be out in 24hrs to finish the mission.

Back
Top Bottom