Boston PD to get 200 AR's for the street cop

I don't understand why it takes EIGHT hours but only TWO HUNDRED rounds to orient an officer with an AR. What do they do in the first four hours, memorize the four rules of gun safety? Anybody with some insight care to educate me? I'd be looking for 4 hours tops but 1000 rounds to get the training down

What do they do in the first four hours, memorize the four rules of gun safety?

Learn the mechanics and operation of the firearm.

Go over the Departmental procedures regarding how they are to be carried/deployed.

Liability of the deployment/use of an AR.

The effects of the ballistical dynamics as it pertains to an urban environment.

How to carry/sling the firearm.

How to transition from handgun to rifle and vice versa.

How to handcuff someone while employing the rifle.

When it comes to equipping a LEO with a firearm there is far more to it than just breath control, sight picture trigger sqeeze.

Any more sarcastic questions?

Go over the Departmental procedures regarding how they are to be carried/deployed.

When it comes to equipping a LEO with a firearm there is far more to it than just breath control, sight picture trigger sqeeze.

What are you, a friggin cop?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah, when in the academy, how much time is spent on the mechanics of personal alleviation breaks in the presence of an departmental issued and mandated utility belt? Are there departmental policies governing storage and duration of said break?

J/K... [smile]

There is a programming term called GIGO which means garbage in, garbage out. How much time the policy makers spend determining those policies is probably much more important.

So tell me, why do the police need these rifles, yet on the same dangerous streets, the law abiding citizens don't? I'd like to benefit from your superior intelligence.

Soooo.... you don't think that the police need the rifles because you want one and can't have one?

That is not a very intelligent argument as to whether or not the police need the rifles.

If you feel that you need one then why wouldn't the police need them.

Complain about the laws in regards to the ban if you want but don't say the police don't need them because you can't have one.

And for the record I am not in support of the ban. Give everyone AR's for all I care.

I think more people need to watch the show shootout on the history channel and remember what happened in LA and what those officers had to do to save lives that day those 2 guys tried to rob that bank of america...then they might sing a different tune

The MSP either started issuing them or planned to issue them a while ago.

Each barracks was going to get 2 of them to start and my friend got chosen to get one of them but it never materialized due to a lack of funding.

I am not sure if they started issuing them and then ran out money before he got his or if the whole plan never got off the ground due to lack of funds.

Soooo.... you don't think that the police need the rifles because you want one and can't have one?

That is not a very intelligent argument as to whether or not the police need the rifles.

If you feel that you need one then why wouldn't the police need them.

Complain about the laws in regards to the ban if you want but don't say the police don't need them because you can't have one.

And for the record I am not in support of the ban. Give everyone AR's for all I care.

Like I said earlier, other equally evil black rifles are Boston legal... but I think the same people making this argument would be complaining if the PD was issuing one of those models as well.

The Boston ban is a flaming piece of crap, FWIW. I think that Boston residents should be allowed to own whatever the hell the want, being a former Boston resident. However, I just don't think that this is a valid argument (the argument you're responding to, not yours)

1 - Shoot perp.
2 - wait for bleeding to subside.
3 - handcuff corpse.

Sorry; I couldn't resist that. I'd imagine that there's a specific way to sling the rifle so that you can cuff Mr Perp without having to break the stock on his head.

I can tell you that every day at 10:00am I spent about 15 minutes on this topic![laugh]
Waaay too much information.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine....

The secretary will disavow any knowledge of authorization if you phuque up.

Liberals scare easily. Shoot the guy with the camera first.

Bullets make holes in things. I don't want to hear about Holy Collateral.

Never put the rifle down. If you had to pick it up, the sh*t is about to get worse.

Pistols are only for fighting to your rifle.

Shoot them first and then you don't have to worry about it.

After all, we don't want them stringing their Krispy Kremes on the barrel do we?

Only if you want more responses like these...... (^_^)

And before anyone nitpicks... I know how hard it is to develop training for officers when most are not gun people and many don't really understand the political/physical impact that can result.

Are you on something.Police have to go to all the shootouts,civilians have the option of running the other way.People here keep getting confused.I went to thousands of dangerous calls in my career,but none in the last 8 years that I have been retired.I suggest folks throw away all of their violent computer games and come back to reality.Cops are sent to danger,civilians are not.Get it?Geesh ![rofl]

+1 LMAO

I was watching Ross Kemp on Gangs and the gang members said one of the best ways to obtain a rifle was to steel it out of a cruiser. I know they said it would be locked but that doesn't stop them from steeling the entire car! In my town we have 5 M16's locked up in the police station. They can be deployed anywhere in town in 5 minutes. We have never opened the locker. Is crime in Boston so bad that the cops can't hold the suspects at bay with there 40 cal high cap hand guns for the 5 minutes it would take to get SWAT out there? I worked in downtown Boston for 15 years as a delivery driver and I never once saw or was a victim of any crime. I was all over the city from late PM to early AM to daylight. I knew many homeless people by name. I found the city as a whole to be peaceful. I think this is one more step in conditioning the sheep to accept law enforcement with military firearms.

Responses embedded in Red.

In my town we have 5 M16's locked up in the police station. They can be deployed anywhere in town in 5 minutes. We have never opened the locker.

Lucky. But if you need it, you NEED IT RIGHT NOW!!

Is crime in Boston so bad that the cops can't hold the suspects at bay with there 40 cal high cap hand guns for the 5 minutes it would take to get SWAT out there?

OK, the good guys call a "TIME OUT" while the Marines land?

I worked in downtown Boston for 15 years as a delivery driver and I never once saw or was a victim of any crime. I was all over the city from late PM to early AM to daylight. I knew many homeless people by name. I found the city as a whole to be peaceful.

So since you saw no crime, none exists, right?

I think this is one more step in conditioning the sheep to accept law enforcement with military firearms.

So, only the military should possess these kind of guns? Therefore, law abiding citizens should be stripped of them too, right?

Thank you Sarah Brady!

[thinking] [rolleyes] See my sig line below. It describes this sort of thinking perfectly.

I worked in downtown Boston for 15 years as a delivery driver and I never once saw or was a victim of any crime. I was all over the city from late PM to early AM to daylight. I knew many homeless people by name. I found the city as a whole to be peaceful. I think this is one more step in conditioning the sheep to accept law enforcement with military firearms.

Then you were in the wrong (or right) places. I worked downtown on nights for about 13 years. I can't count the number of violent crimes I responded to in that time. Shootings, stabbings, assaults with any variety of weapons. Because of the night life there, downtown has a lot of drug dealing and it's attendant violence. The Roxy comes to mind as an almost nightly address for assaults of some kind. Europa was another, that's where Paul Pierce was almost killed. The 7-Eleven at Stuart and Tremont has had a lot of activity as well.

You just weren't looking, or didn't recognize what was going on.

Once the word of this hits the streets in Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan and other trouble spots, the cruisers will be broken into while officers are standing in line at restaurants ordering lunch or having to park the vehicle while entering a building. More guns on the street in the hands of gang members. But then again, if this happens, who will the liberals blame? The NRA?[smile]

Once the word of this hits the streets in Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan and other trouble spots, the cruisers will be broken into while officers are standing in line at restaurants ordering lunch or having to park the vehicle while entering a building. More guns on the street in the hands of gang members. But then again, if this happens, who will the liberals blame? The NRA?[smile]

You'd think that this was the first time any big city did this. It's not, and I haven't heard of an epidemic of gun thefts from police cars around the country. [rolleyes]

And being boston it's not like the 2A friendly citizens could step up and assist or thwart a multi terrorist attack since none of them have semi automatic rifle capable of holding more than ten rounds.

I have. In Tennessee
Happened a number of times in Miami as well. The FBI had four .308 bolt-action sniper rifles and 100 rounds of match-grade ammo stolen from an unmarked van just before the Super Bowl a few years back in Jacksonville, FL. A female FBI agent in NYC had her car stolen. Its trunk contained a Remington 870 and an MP-5, along with a government-owned laptop. Who knows what info/secrets that thing might have held!

Back
Top Bottom