Boston PD Arrest Man in Possesion of P80 Glock

"Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device "
There are 11 rounds there. I wonder if he was carrying with 10 in a 10rd mag and 1 in the chamber. Seeing he had 11 rounds loaded, they declared it was "large" capacity.

This sounds most likely. No way to tell if the mag is a cripple or not unless we can find a picture of the back. Shit, meet wall. I'm betting almost none of it will stick, since he's a frequent flyer.

Either that or he only had 11 rounds total in a 15 or 17 round mag, I can't tell from the picture how much that mag should hold, maybe someone better with glock mags will chime in.
We'll never know for sure though. Because he had two types of ammo loaded in a potential hi-cap or as 10+1. For all we know this dumbass only had 11 rounds to his name.

snax, can you clarify what you mean specifically here?
I think he's saying that because the AG's regulations make it illegal to sell Glocks to civilians in MA, the police wouldn't run into them much, therefore they wouldn't be familiar with them. But since Boston PD's service weapons are mostly Glocks, they should be...

From BPD's Facebook page, thankfully they did not mention the obvious:

Less than an hour later, at about 4:10pm, on Wednesday, July 4, 2018, members of the Youth Violence Strike Force were on patrol when officers observed a black motor vehicle fail to stop for a stop sign in the area of Rosseter and Bullard Streets. In light of the aforementioned violation, officers activated their emergency equipment (lights & sirens) to conduct a lawful traffic stop. While approaching the vehicle, officers observed the operator moving in such a way as if to suggest he was attempting to hide or conceal something under the front seat of the vehicle. While talking to the operator, officers noted that he appeared to be nervous while visibly shaking and breathing heavily. When asked if he had hidden anything under his seat, the operator became increasingly more uneasy and quickly put his car into drive and slammed down the accelerator in an effort to escape the area. After losing sight of the suspect, officers were able to regain a visual on the suspect when he was forced to stop his vehicle after getting tangled up in traffic in the area of Westville Street and Drayton Street. As officers got closer, they observed the suspect discard an object as he exited his vehicle and ran down an alley in the area of 216 Westville Street. Officers were able to catch up to the suspect. After a physical altercation, officers were able to take the suspect into custody. A search of the immediate area enabled officers to locate and recover a black .40 caliber Glock (see photo) which the suspect attempted to discard.

Officers arrested Hal McIntosh, 29, of Boston and charged him with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Carrying a Loaded Firearm on a Public Way, Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm (3rd Subsequent Offense).

View attachment 239078

10+1? See, what did I tell you guys about carrying with one in the chamber?

snax, can you clarify what you mean specifically here?
Sarcastic remark how some in this state like to say that glocks are illegal.
Did it come across as serious? I better hide my glock. Dont need any 4AM no knock raids.
I think he's saying that because the AG's regulations make it illegal to sell Glocks to civilians in MA, the police wouldn't run into them much, therefore they wouldn't be familiar with them. But since Boston PD's service weapons are mostly Glocks, they should be...
Also poking fun at many (not all) cops dont really know much about guns or gun laws.
Not their fault, u need to be a lawyer to understand most of them anyway.
I try to educate myself as much as possible, but in my opinion I still don't know shit.

So if I were to make my own P80 with a Glock brand serialized slide, can I then say that the slide is the receiver? Its not a Glock so therefore I as the manufacturer can say that the top half is the barrel receiver like ruger...
You can say whatever you want. Getting the AG or BATFE to go along with you is another matter.

In any event, you're not a "manufacturer" in the sense used in the law, and there's no requirement to serialize a P80 for personal use in MA.

Also poking fun at many (not all) cops dont really know much about guns or gun laws.

Why, I bet some patrolmen haven't even rotated their winter ammo for summer rounds. A thermal backfire could be deadly if they didn't take the proper precautions. It's after the 4th of July, for Pete's sake - think of the children...

Why, I bet some patrolmen haven't even rotated their winter ammo for summer rounds. A thermal backfire could be deadly if they didn't take the proper precautions. It's after the 4th of July, for Pete's sake - think of the children...

It's easy to remember:
1) Change the battery in your smoke detectors when you reset your clocks. [1]
2) Swap out your ammo when you change your blinker fluid for the seasons.

[1] Cue someone's rant about smart clocks no longer requiring that reset [2]
[2] and someone else's thoughts on digital .vs. analog [3]
[3] I like pi.

My operational theory is always that these things happen within 0.3 mi of Bowdoin and Geneva.

Rosseter runs parallel to Bowdoin, intersects Bowdoin almost at the intersection with Geneva....
Blue Hill Ave ain't no picnic either.
In the grand scheme of things, even the worst parts of Boston aren't that bad. Think Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Philly...

It's easy to remember:
1) Change the battery in your smoke detectors when you reset your clocks. [1]
2) Swap out your ammo when you change your blinker fluid for the seasons.

[1] Cue someone's rant about smart clocks no longer requiring that reset [2]...

Smart clocks LOL.

Newsgroups: alt.fan.don-imus
Subject: Spring Ahead Fall Back
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:20:57 GMT

Organization: AT&T Worldnet

It's the clock change ritual! This year, all nine La Crosse atomic
wall clocks reset themselves properly back one hour, at 2am clattering
forwards 11 hours; these I have hung mostly in pairs, so as to have
the entertainment of two clocks in lockstep to the second available
for viewing.

And the four digital atomic clocks changed themselves, but silently,
so I don't know when. The mechanical wall clocks wake you up when
they cease ticking and start clattering, so you know about them.

Windows95 left a notice on the screen that it had set the clock
back ``[OK?]'' and it had also, as a silent side effect, alphabetized the
desktop. This year I have defeated it by alphabetizing it myself
and getting used to that order, instead of putting everything back
in logical groupings twice a year.

The only remaining part of the ritual is the 19:00 automatic setting
back to daylight time of the nine La Crosse wall clocks, in a tragic
design bug that caused them to be on sale for $9.99. Then they set
themselves back to standard time a few hours later at midnight.

They change time six times a year, in other words.

Many of my portable radios have a DST button these days that saves you
having to find the manual to change the clock.

I have exactly one clock (clock radio from the 60s) needing conventional
setting. It's kept around as a measure of power outages.
--
Ron Hardin
[email protected]

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

I was unaware of the European requirements until reading your response and doing a quick google - thank you.

ATF in USA has no such requirements, so I was blissfully unaware.

In some European countries barrel, frame and slide are considered "main parts of a firearm" and unlicensed possession of any of these would lead to criminal charges. Some countries go even further, like in Russia, it is not only barred, frame and slide, but also trigger assembly, locking block, or, even, revolver cylinder alone. Any of these parts found on a person without a license can get jail time for a said individual.

In some European countries barrel, frame and slide are considered "main parts of a firearm" and unlicensed possession of any of these would lead to criminal charges. Some countries go even further, like in Russia, it is not only barred, frame and slide, but also trigger assembly, locking block, or, even, revolver cylinder alone. Any of these parts found on a person without a license can get jail time for a said individual.

Must suck living in an authoritarian country.

Back
Top Bottom