• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston PD Arrest Man in Possesion of P80 Glock

Shawnyc

NES Member
From BPD's Facebook page, thankfully they did not mention the obvious:

Less than an hour later, at about 4:10pm, on Wednesday, July 4, 2018, members of the Youth Violence Strike Force were on patrol when officers observed a black motor vehicle fail to stop for a stop sign in the area of Rosseter and Bullard Streets. In light of the aforementioned violation, officers activated their emergency equipment (lights & sirens) to conduct a lawful traffic stop. While approaching the vehicle, officers observed the operator moving in such a way as if to suggest he was attempting to hide or conceal something under the front seat of the vehicle. While talking to the operator, officers noted that he appeared to be nervous while visibly shaking and breathing heavily. When asked if he had hidden anything under his seat, the operator became increasingly more uneasy and quickly put his car into drive and slammed down the accelerator in an effort to escape the area. After losing sight of the suspect, officers were able to regain a visual on the suspect when he was forced to stop his vehicle after getting tangled up in traffic in the area of Westville Street and Drayton Street. As officers got closer, they observed the suspect discard an object as he exited his vehicle and ran down an alley in the area of 216 Westville Street. Officers were able to catch up to the suspect. After a physical altercation, officers were able to take the suspect into custody. A search of the immediate area enabled officers to locate and recover a black .40 caliber Glock (see photo) which the suspect attempted to discard.

Officers arrested Hal McIntosh, 29, of Boston and charged him with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Carrying a Loaded Firearm on a Public Way, Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm (3rd Subsequent Offense).

1.jpg

From BPD's Facebook page, thankfully they did not mention the obvious:

Less than an hour later, at about 4:10pm, on Wednesday, July 4, 2018, members of the Youth Violence Strike Force were on patrol when officers observed a black motor vehicle fail to stop for a stop sign in the area of Rosseter and Bullard Streets. In light of the aforementioned violation, officers activated their emergency equipment (lights & sirens) to conduct a lawful traffic stop. While approaching the vehicle, officers observed the operator moving in such a way as if to suggest he was attempting to hide or conceal something under the front seat of the vehicle. While talking to the operator, officers noted that he appeared to be nervous while visibly shaking and breathing heavily. When asked if he had hidden anything under his seat, the operator became increasingly more uneasy and quickly put his car into drive and slammed down the accelerator in an effort to escape the area. After losing sight of the suspect, officers were able to regain a visual on the suspect when he was forced to stop his vehicle after getting tangled up in traffic in the area of Westville Street and Drayton Street. As officers got closer, they observed the suspect discard an object as he exited his vehicle and ran down an alley in the area of 216 Westville Street. Officers were able to catch up to the suspect. After a physical altercation, officers were able to take the suspect into custody. A search of the immediate area enabled officers to locate and recover a black .40 caliber Glock (see photo) which the suspect attempted to discard.

Officers arrested Hal McIntosh, 29, of Boston and charged him with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Carrying a Loaded Firearm on a Public Way, Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm (3rd Subsequent Offense).

View attachment 239078
ghost gun ?

You see the deal here is unlike you,or I there is no money to be made here.He will have a public defender,will not be able to post bail,so the system will pick up the tab on them.On the other hand you,and I have money that the system will slowly take as you fight for your freedom.

Ding! We have a winner. If you have nothing to lose the criminal justice system isn’t much of a deterrent. It costs money to have trials and keep these guys locked up so they play catch and release.

You see the deal here is unlike you,or I there is no money to be made here.He will have a public defender,will not be able to post bail,so the system will pick up the tab on them.On the other hand you,and I have money that the system will slowly take as you fight for your freedom.

This is illegal?

"Carrying a Loaded Firearm on a Public Way,"

Yes, I'd like to see the citation for that charge too!

I'll bet it is the section of law right after the charge of "contempt of cop"!

The criminal justice system is not a failure, it's a joke, and every gangbanger knows it. Only the joke is on the law abiding taxpayer.

Sadly so very true.

Wondering if they saw the glock slide and serial on it the overlooked the frame?
It's easy for them not to know that glocks have 2 sn's, because they are illegal.
Is that a P80 or one of those ones on armslist with the custom stippling you pay extra for

Glocks from the factory have three serialized parts
1) the frame - which is the actual "firearm"
2) the slide
3) the barrel

Glock compatible slides and barrels are manufactured by a lot of people, they're serial numbered not for ATF compliance but for quality control and tracking of expensive parts.

The gun in the picture is a Poly80.

Wondering if they saw the glock slide and serial on it the overlooked the frame?
It's easy for them not to know that glocks have 2 sn's, because they are illegal.
Is that a P80 or one of those ones on armslist with the custom stippling you pay extra for
Wondering something...is there a law or rule that says the frame of a firearm must be serialized? I know the ruger mk pistols actually have the serial number on the slide and the P320 has it on the fcu. If you attached a P80 frame to a factory Glock slide with serial number, does it then have a legit serial number?

"Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device "
There are 11 rounds there. I wonder if he was carrying with 10 in a 10rd mag and 1 in the chamber. Seeing he had 11 rounds loaded, they declared it was "large" capacity.

This sounds most likely. No way to tell if the mag is a cripple or not unless we can find a picture of the back. Shit, meet wall. I'm betting almost none of it will stick, since he's a frequent flyer.

"Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device "
There are 11 rounds there. I wonder if he was carrying with 10 in a 10rd mag and 1 in the chamber. Seeing he had 11 rounds loaded, they declared it was "large" capacity.

Either that or he only had 11 rounds total in a 15 or 17 round mag, I can't tell from the picture how much that mag should hold, maybe someone better with glock mags will chime in.

Wondering something...is there a law or rule that says the frame of a firearm must be serialized?
Unless you are in CA and it's of recent manufacture, no. However, defacing a serial number on a firearm that has one is illegal.

If you attached a P80 frame to a factory Glock slide with serial number, does it then have a legit serial number?
No. Serial numbers go with the frame, Glock's desire to create "matching number" items notwithstanding.

So we'll outlaw these in MA. . . so that criminals can cross any border, buy the frame in another state and make them there.

I can't wait! Glad I got my P80 already. Maybe I'll get another for F-U purposes. I'm in the middle of an AR Pistol build for the same reasons. (Parts slowly arriving - all I need is. . . . . . . . . . a fixed-mag "stripped" lower. LOL Not hard to get, just got-got-got no time to actually DRIVE somewhere.)

No need to feed Maura and her sycophants any more information. I know a lot of this info is out there but its unreal our own gun owners have to stomp on their own dicks to talk on the forum about these guns and whether or not serialized etc,etc.

Last edited:
So what about Ruger MKs and P320s?
What about them? The P320 has a serial number on the frame, and the Ruger elides the issue by calling the barrel a "barrel / receiver assembly".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom