Boston Parking in April?

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What’s the parking been like in Boston recently?

My company in Southie, just near the FEDEX on Summer Street, is letting go many temps and contractors, and asking some of us remote staff to come in and take their places. Unfortunately for those let go, and I’m glad to keep a paycheck, but our parking ramp in 1.5mi away and I don’t plan to take the shuttle. While the driver wipes it down between trips, Why take the risk? That, and with only 5 allowed per trip now for Social Distancing, it can take a long time to make the trip. And enjoying the close company of 5 for the short trip is not my plan.

I see Boston is granting slack for residents with stickers, but as a NH resident, I’m stuck with the 10am-6pm street parking limits and $60 fine. If more people are home, I figure fewer spots on streets.

theDeLo

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's some metered parking D street (toward Seaport), summer street (just past convention), and behind the Renaissance hotel on Congress. Still have to walk across the bridge 1/4-1/2 mile but an option as it warms up. In a pinch, South Boston Waterfront Transportation Garage is $20 a day at the early bird rate.

zboys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
According to @jpk nobody can cross state lines, if you come here you'll certainly bring it back and introduce it to NH who he says wouldn't have it if it were not for Mass.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
According to @jpk nobody can cross state lines, if you come here you'll certainly bring it back and introduce it to NH who he says wouldn't have it if it were not for Mass.
Reading is fundamental

I stated previously that its absolutely 100% within the power of a governor to control the borders of a state during a state of emergency

And yes.....NH top medical person and the HHS site have more or less stated that the outbreaks in rockingham and hillsborough county are largely attributed to cross pollination from mass

No clue why you dropped this into a boston parking thread but.....whatever

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’m officially Essential Personnel but feel more like one of The Expendables.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My go to is the alley next to WB Mason between E St & Pappas way. Granted they're a customer, but I'll just park there and walk to the convention center. They share a lot with Boston sports Club. I'm sure both businesses are pretty quiet right now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading is fundamental

I stated previously that its absolutely 100% within the power of a governor to control the borders of a state during a state of emergency

And yes.....NH top medical person and the HHS site have more or less stated that the outbreaks in rockingham and hillsborough county are largely attributed to cross pollination from mass

No clue why you dropped this into a boston parking thread but.....whatever
What we need to do is put in tolls on the NH-MA border to charge exorbitant rates to those who have NH tags who consistently work in MA for lower wages, slip in without paying taxes and many other abuses. What's fair is fair @jpk it must be nice to cherry pick when it fits your model but the NH economy does not exist without the rest of New England propping it up.

If we stopped all the MA residents from shopping in NH you think that would not hurt southern NH's economy itself. If we stopped all the vacationers from spending their money during ski, swim & leaf peeping do you think it would not hurt NH's economy.

Cross pollination my a$$ only when you want the money to prop up your economy is it befitting for you then.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What we need to do is put in tolls on the NH-MA border to charge exorbitant rates to those who have NH tags who consistently work in MA for lower wages, slip in without paying taxes and many other abuses. What's fair is fair @jpk it must be nice to cherry pick when it fits your model but the NH economy does not exist without the rest of New England propping it up.

If we stopped all the MA residents from shopping in NH you think that would not hurt southern NH's economy itself. If we stopped all the vacationers from spending their money during ski, swim & leaf peeping do you think it would not hurt NH's economy.

Cross pollination my a$$ only when you want the money to prop up your economy is it befitting for you then.
Mass already has a massive "toll booth" for anyone from out of state that works in mAss......its called INCOME TAX!.....5% tax for the privelege of crossing the border and being productive

Its a great idea though.......I bet NH donks would jump at it.....tax all the mass residents that work in NH 5%.......would be net zero for mass employees cuz you get to claim it against mass taxes......

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mass already has a massive "toll booth" for anyone from out of state that works in mAss......its called INCOME TAX!.....5% tax for the privelege of crossing the border and being productive

Its a great idea though.......I bet NH donks would jump at it.....tax all the mass residents that work in NH 5%.......would be net zero for mass employees cuz you get to claim it against mass taxes......
Not true any service company doing small projects in MA can slip over undetected all they want and they have been doing it for years you must have missed the memo.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
If you PM me exactly where you park I can take a look.

//And yes.....NH top medical person and the HHS site have more or less stated that the outbreaks in rockingham and hillsborough county are largely attributed to cross pollination from mass.
Kind of a “duh” when 83,000 NH residents commute to MA for work and 30,000 MA residents commute to NH daily under normal circumstances.

Driving N on 93 last Tuesday, stopped counting at 25 NH plates leaving Boston. We have tiny states in New England.....

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you PM me exactly where you park I can take a look.

Kind of a “duh” when 83,000 NH residents commute to MA for work and 30,000 MA residents commute to NH daily under normal circumstances.

Driving N on 93 last Tuesday, stopped counting at 25 NH plates leaving Boston. We have tiny states in New England.....
No doubt but my gut says that the great supermarket stampede was more to blame than commuters bringing it back from mass....contract tracing the state has would also help to confirm that down the line

The towns that have been whacked hardest appear to be the ones that get hammered by weekend shoppers from mass

Salem
Dover
Portsmouth
Hampton
Plaistow
Nashua
Manch

Concord is the capitol.....we all expect it to be the central vortex of filth/infection/etc :rolleyes:
Hanover...well....we can lay blame on the rocket scientist intern at DH that travelled to italy in the midst of an outbreak then defied quarantine orders when he tested pos......someone should promote that guy to "Policy Expert" or get him a job at the WHO.....he'll fit right in.....

Then 26% of all infected in NH are health care folks which sorta makes sense....exposure

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
When you had 113,000 commuters crossing the border every day, kinda hard to tell. I went to the Market Basket in Claremont in March and there were many Vermonters there. Plenty of Mainers buy booze in Portsmouth. ME, VT and NH are #1, 2, and 3 in the country for percentage of second homes owned, and NY’ers own the most in ME and VT and are third in NH.
And the Cape has 60,000 second homes. So who knows?

NH blames Massachusetts for everything but their economy.....

Last edited:

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I go into my office in FR twice a week to get the mail and such. Parking lot is half-full. There is NOT that many essentials in my office. Multiple law firms that are fully up and running. Just stupid. I thought lawyers were smart.

I get in, get out, disinfect on my way out the door. 15 min tops.

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I go into Hartford, who’s prime income is parking tickets, weekly to pick up and drop off work. I’ve been parking on the street without using the meter without any problem.
Haven’t even seen a meter maid.

Top Bottom