• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston LTC restrictions in light of SCOTUS decision?

While I agree this will make things take longer.....a proactive, easy way to get people in lawsuits in numbers, will shut this down eventually. Im not a lawyer....and don't know how it works, but say like an car company auto lawsuit....... say Comm2A decides to do a class action type civil rights lawsuit and sends mailers in that one town for restricted people to just jump on to it with a simple email back. No money or time involved, and with each added plaintiff the cost goes up....... That would get the town talking.

Again, not sure that can be legally done or not...not a lawyer.

If you could sue MH directly for financial damages, this wouod stop tomorrow. No Dem politician is going to risk losing their house and ending up poor just to stop a license from being issued. The singular reason they do this currently is they have zero skin in the game.

If you could sue MH directly for financial damages, this wouod stop tomorrow. No Dem politician is going to risk losing their house and ending up poor just to stop a license from being issued. The singular reason they do this currently is they have zero skin in the game.
Yes, that, and nobody has sailed a .308 an inch from their head through a window.

put this on the app.. DO IT !!!!
Thursday's Supreme Court ruling found that Americans have a constitutional right to carry a gun in public for self defense.

I already requested that my restrictions be taken off. I was denied. Was told that the Chief was directed by Healy to not do anything until further notice.
Where's the lawsuit? I'm in.
f***ing horseshit !! the AG does NOT trump SCOTUS. That chief needs to remove his puppet strings !!! Are you going to take them to court? Please do.

f*** that, setup a GiveSendGo campaign and watch how quickly your legal coffers fill up with the hard earned money from Patriots across this land willing to underwrite your most assured and devestating legal victory over the anti-American tyrants and despots of Massachusetts.

Last edited:
Good luck to you. I considered myself lucky when I got my restrictions removed in Chicopee in the early 2000's. Can't imagine what Boston would be like.

In the end, I think you'll all succeed - but it's going to be a fight.

f*** that, setup a GiveSendGo campaign and watch how quickly your legal coffers fill up with the hard earned money from Patriots across this land willing to underwrite your most assured and deveststing legal victory over the ant-American tyrants and despots of Massachusetts.
Are there any competent pro-2A Mass gun lawyers who don't consult for Comm2A?

If not, and some plaintiff jumps the gun on a personal lawsuit,
they're gonna get to pick from a bouquet of schlubs to represent them.

How come Watertown claims to have received instructions from Marsha,
yet Seekonk and Norton are twisting in the wind, waiting for pearls to fall from her lips?

Oh, and Comm2A needs to FOIA that message from Marsha to Watertown.

Guess its back to a waiting game.
On the upside.. SCOTUS is releasing more opinions tomorrow. Maybe this will cause the purple-haired screechers on the left to lose their shit like the RvW decision?

[rofl]

Attachments

• trump-orchestra.jpg
    trump-orchestra.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11
This is what I’m afraid will happen too. Permits will be “easier” to obtain, but there will be more places where you cannot carry, stiffer penalties, and expect Healy to lobby legislature as other governors have done (look at CT) to tighten laws further. This is a zero sum game at best for us.

My assumptions are of course without any further pro-2A SCOTUS rulings.
Restrictions enacted in response to Bruen are just the type of infringements that Thomas just shot down.
Yes, we would likely have to wait a few years for them to bubble up but it would be very hard for even the 1st Circus to twist given the clarity of Bruen.
Those who are afraid of rocking the boat are short sighted and that reasoning is the how we arrived here - How many here thought Caetano had any chance at all?

If you read Heller, McDonald, Caetano and Bruen you will see a brilliant set of dicta come through that can, and likely will, bring down most infringements with a careful selection of well curated plaintiffs and well funded legal teams. But it will take time - it has taken 90 years to get where we are it will take some time to rectify.

Are there any competent pro-2A Mass gun lawyers who don't consult for Comm2A?

If not, and some plaintiff jumps the gun on a personal lawsuit,
they're gonna get to pick from a bouquet of schlubs to represent them.

How come Watertown claims to have received instructions from Marsha,
yet Seekonk and Norton are twisting in the wind, waiting for pearls to fall from her lips?

Oh, and Comm2A needs to FOIA that message from Marsha to Watertown.
Comm2a along with GOAL. Needs to start the lawsuit ASAP. Yes, I donate !

But it will take time - it has taken 90 years to get where we are it will take some time to rectify.

Comm2a along with GOAL. Needs to start the lawsuit ASAP. Yes, I donate !

Go search here on NES about Morin vs. Lyver, and check out when it started. It is probably going to be one of the first ones out/through/in the door with this new Bruen case settled.​

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything new on Boston CCW restrictions being removed or reinforced in light of the SCOTUS decision?
Every time I renew I get these damn restrictions. I know of one -possible- work around but it requires time and money I dont have at the moment.
Hoping that they are forced to remove restrictions, but Im sure that wont happen without litigation first.
NES always says Boston removes restrictions upon renewal.

Or maybe they jsut don't renew with restrictions if you already had an unrestricted LTC.

This is what I’m afraid will happen too. Permits will be “easier” to obtain, but there will be more places where you cannot carry, stiffer penalties, and expect Healy to lobby legislature as other governors have done (look at CT) to tighten laws further. This is a zero sum game at best for us.

My assumptions are of course without any further pro-2A SCOTUS rulings.
I don't see this happening.

Although ... when she becomes Supreme governor leader of the commie wealth of Massivetwoshits ... it could happen.

I still think her hard on is pointing at online sales, and as supreme leader she can probably shut that down. We will see.

renewed here 3x now and still got restrictions =(
Id love to move out of here, but thats probably about 10 years off.
I have to renew in Boston next year, I currently have unrestricted because I moved here with an unrestricted.

I will contact Comm2A and GOAL, see if they want me to write anything specific for a possible lawsuit in case they try to castrate my LTC.

I don't see this happening.

Although ... when she becomes Supreme governor leader of the commie wealth of Massivetwoshits ... it could happen.

I still think her hard on is pointing at online sales, and as supreme leader she can probably shut that down. We will see.
According to the (alleged) LEO in the "supermarket" thread, the department has been told to clamp down on new unrestricteds. It didn't sound like they'll start restricting LTCs that are already unrestricted, but who knows.

The easiest wallhack was always to get your instructor cert (total cost: ~$250).

I hope we all get updated info soon.

Adding new types of restricted places in Mass is likely to be struck down as not narrowly tailored - carry in those areas has been legal for decades with the government praising its gun control scheme as highly effective. To suddenly restrict an area with no evidence of harm would be hard to pass off as anything but political punishment to gun owners.

Restrictions to licenses will also likely fail eventually since the government can no longer treat carry outside the home as a privilege granted by the state. If you are so dangerous that you can't be trusted with a gun in public then there is no reasonable argument that could be made that you are trustworthy enough to own one at all. However by historical review even those who were known to cause issues were not disarmed, only required to pay surety to go armed in public

According to the (alleged) LEO in the "supermarket" thread, the department has been told to clamp down on new unrestricteds. It didn't sound like they'll start restricting LTCs that are already unrestricted, but who knows.

The easiest wallhack was always to get your instructor cert (total cost: ~$250).

I hope we all get updated info soon.

Therein lies the problem. Let's say you're a poor urban dad who is just trying to do right. You don't make enough $ to afford a $300 just-OK gun, ammo to train AND another two-fiddy to get a useless certificate to ensure you can protect your family.

It's all bullshit.

Therein lies the problem. Let's say you're a poor urban dad who is just trying to do right. You don't make enough $ to afford a $300 just-OK gun, ammo to train AND another two-fiddy to get a useless certificate to ensure you can protect your family.

It's all bullshit.
believe me, I agree. I hope my sharing the info I have available doesn't sound like my supporting the status quo.

This article is so poorly written. No mention of restricted/unrestricted LTC differences. More propaganda intended to sway public opinion.
Call the sun chronicle and let them know.

Executive Editor/General ManagerCraig Borges508-236-0337[email protected]
Director of AdvertisingMichelle Fulcher508-236-0368[email protected]

The Sun Chronicle wants news of your organization, school or community. Send news releases to us by mail to The Sun Chronicle, 34 South Main St., Attleboro, MA 02703 or by e-mail at [email protected].

City or town news, photo coverage requests, or business news Craig Borges at 508-236-0337 [email protected]

For other areas, contact:

Features, Your Day, Pet Day, GO Ken Ross at 508-236-0427 [email protected]

Sports Ken Lechtanski at 508-236-0348 [email protected]

Newspapers in Education Lynn Ross at 508-222-7000 [email protected]

Photo Editor Mark Stockwell at 508-236-0349 [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom