Boston liquor store owner busted for assault weapon

rivet_42

NES Member
They couldn't bust him under the Boston city AWB, nor could they get him outright on unsafe storage...so they haul him in front of the liquor licensing board? Some real WTFery here:

http://www.universalhub.com/2016/east-boston-liquor-store-owner-learns-lesson-never

Also how is Joint Terrorism Task Force involved in this? What does this have to do with terrorism?

Oh and for the love of all that's holy, don't read the comments, it's typical moonbattery.

What the ****?

"Rizkallah said the man still works for him - at the Domino's next door that he owns - but that he is no longer allowed into the liquor store. "

That guy's elevator doesn't go to the top. If it wasn't for the employee being retarded, none of this would have happened.

'Rizkallah said the man still works for him - at the Domino's next door that he owns - but that he is no longer allowed into the liquor store.Rizkallah said the man still works for him - at the Domino's next door that he owns - but that he is no longer allowed into the liquor store.

Wonder if it was really an "Assault Weapon" as defined by MA law, or by Boston law. Either way, this is why I store my AR in two pieces.

That story is full of all kinds of ****ry, but the most disturbing part is that someone saw the pic on FaceBook, panicked and called the cops.

They couldn't bust him under the Boston city AWB, nor could they get him outright on unsafe storage...so they haul him in front of the liquor licensing board? Some real WTFery here:

http://www.universalhub.com/2016/east-boston-liquor-store-owner-learns-lesson-never

Also how is Joint Terrorism Task Force involved in this? What does this have to do with terrorism?

My guess is the dude's last name.

Wonder if it was really an "Assault Weapon" as defined by MA law, or by Boston law. Either way, this is why I store my AR in two pieces.

The author's response in the comments section:

I called it that because, to be honest, the photos I saw of the thing makes it look like the sort of weapon somebody would use in an assault, as opposed to the sort of thing Davy Crockett or your kid going out with his faithful dog, Boo, would use to shoot squirrels. But regardless of what it is, it's still a good story: It's not every day somebody from the Joint Terrorism Task Force testifies before the Boston Licensing Board.

That is rediculous, suspend hid liquor license for a day or more for this? I bet if a drug dealer held up the store he would be let go with a verbal warning and the store would be at fault. **** Mass. I hope it gets better someday.

Depending on where his LTC was issued, now he could be facing a "suitabilty" problem with his CLEO.

I Googled his name, and he also has a wine and liquor store in Watertown.

If they issued the license, he could be ****ed.

I'm surprised they didn't charge him with illegal transport of an assault weapon since it obviously was not in a locked container in the soft top jeep which has no trunk to lock it in. If it was, then he would have brought the whole locked container inside and this would be a non-story. But he could have screwed himself by admitting he drove it there from the gun club. Obviously didn't talk with a lawyer before blabbing.

Other than the idiot gaining access/taking pictures/posting on FacePlant, I don't see any other issue.

I KNOW liquor store owners who carry in their store. AFAIK, there is no law against it or ABCC ruling against it. Boston does indeed make their own laws/rules, so I can't speak to that specifically.

If the gun so much as had a trigger lock on it, even leaving it in an unlocked room would be legal.

Rather than tossing the AW issue around, what exactly was the gun, no pictures shown in that article. And the Boston AWB is an unenforceable bylaw, especially wrt someone who doesn't live in the city, so that is a smokescreen and not relevant.

My guess is the dude's last name.

yeah, that was my guess, too. :-/ because anyone with a name like that is OBVIOUSLY a terrorist, right? Couldn't possibly be an honest working man trying to earn a living. [rolleyes]

The author's response in the comments section:

Told you not to read the comments, but you had to go and look, didn't you? [pot]

I'm surprised they didn't charge him with illegal transport of an assault weapon since it obviously was not in a locked container in the soft top jeep which has no trunk to lock it in. If it was, then he would have brought the whole locked container inside and this would be a non-story. But he could have screwed himself by admitting he drove it there from the gun club. Obviously didn't talk with a lawyer before blabbing.

It's too difficult to prove that, not really chargeable. From the sounds of this it has already turned into a prosecutor's bologna tossing fest anyways.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom