• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Home Rule Petition

Just when you think

these idiots can't get any stupider, they do this.

They won't be happy untill Boston's another D.C. !

Adams, Revere, et all... would have Menino's head on a pike !

and the sheeple say Baaaaaaaa. [frown]

Last edited:
Since they don't want to put up with the lax firearm laws here, I think that we should let them do their own thing. In return they agree to become the 6th borough of NYC rather than part of Massachusetts. After all, the NY Times already runs the local "paper of record". [rolleyes]

Ken

Can't we just saw off Boston and let it float away on the tide... with the rest of the garbage?

Rope. Tree. Politician. Some assembly required.

For more information you can contact Councilor Flaherty's office at 617-635-4205 [email protected] since he is the author of the legislation.

You can also try:

Andrew P. Kenneally
Policy & Communications Director
Boston City Councillor Michael F. Flaherty, At-Large
One City Hall Square, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02201
617-635-4205 Office
617-635-2921 Fax
617-892-0125 Cell

I'm going to try and attach the actual document.

Attachments

• docket 0860.pdf
    183.6 KB · Views: 8
What more info do we need?

"Excuse me, Councilor, but just how far up your butt is your head?"

"Has your proctologist found your cranium yet?"

"If you're finished wiping your butt with the Second Amendment, you could start on the First if you're still full of... well, you know."

I read through it, but I'm not sure I exactly understand it. Is it preventing people with an LTC from owning a handgun at home? I thought that if one had an FID it was still illegal to have handguns. Can someone explain this to me?

Ron,

Those guys don't listen to the voters. They never have and never will. Unless you have a union of some sort backing you a few hundered calls or emails will do nothing.

I read through it, but I'm not sure I exactly understand it. Is it preventing people with an LTC from owning a handgun at home? I thought that if one had an FID it was still illegal to have handguns. Can someone explain this to me?

The Boston City Council has proposed a “Home Rule Petition” that would do away with the long standing exemption allowing a citizen to keep a firearm (handgun) in their home or place of business without a handgun license. Gun Owners’ Action League has several concerns with the language and possible consequences of this petition.

As discussed in other sections of this forum, since the enactment of the 1998 gun laws, many people have not re-newed their licenses. There may be quite a few owners with hand guns that were perhaps handed down from an original owner and remain in households. One cannot take a hand gun out of their home without the LTC or buy ammunition for it. Under state law it is ok to have the gun in the house or business.
This petition will target people who have guns but no license. Keep in mind the majority of these people are probably elderly and most of them never stole a chicken.[grin]
For example, suppose an elderly person has not informed family members or friends that they are going away for a day or two. The anxious family member or friend tries to contact the elderly person and cannot. They call your local police and ask them to do a welfare check. When the police arrive, they enter the home for the welfare check. While looking around, they find the gun that belonged to grandpa's father. Nobody at that residence is licensed so somebody from that residence is going to go to jail. They will clear the prisons of dangerous felons just to make room for grandpa.

This petition will do nothing to punish the criminals who have illegal possession of guns and are out shooting up the neighborhoods. It is another attempt by the local government to curb the rights of citizens and create a crime where none has occured.
Best Regards.

Wow. OK, yeah, that's an exemption to the law I'd never heard of. Forgive me, I was 9 at the time of the 1994 AWB, now I'm 22 and pretty new to gun ownership.

So here's a random question: if one posessed a gun in that manner, without a license, could it still be used lawfully for self defense, or would it be more of a no-rights display piece? I understand it can't be carried, transferred, buy new bullets or mags. Just curious.

Brilliant though for them to attack elderly law abiding citizens. I mean, who knew that all those illegal guns in Boston were coming from un-licensed octogenarians? We should force people to register Depends and Dentyne next, to help plug the "Massachusetts iron pipeline." Just a few more common sense laws. [rolleyes]

Hello GSG,
You can defend yourself in your own home, meaning within your four walls. However, just like using a registered gun and having a LTC, you are subject to the whims of the police and District Attorney. Your self defense actions will be scrutinized for sure.
Best Regards.

I guess the real issue is the fact that, from what I underrstand) is that Boston does not issue LTC's as a common practice, so there for, they are making anyone that fell under that exemption, now a criminial for something that they were legally doing.

If is was as simple as asking these folks to get a LTC and they WILL issue them, then i would say no problem. but again, Boston doesnt seem to give those out.

I think the problem with that is if they do require everyone to get an LTC and say that they promise to issue an LTC, what's to stop them from finding the person "unsuitable" a month later and revoking the LTC, forcing them to turn 'em all in?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I read a quote somewhere that laws define crime, they don't prevent it.

I though under the new laws you needed at least an FID card to have a firearm in the house. My girlfriends ex-husband left 3 shotguns in her house. Is she liable? Is this against the law?

Back
Top Bottom