• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston has highest number of licensed gun owners in state

Ha?! What do you mean they cannot own AR? Says who? Who knows? Which law is it under?
Move to Boston and try to buy one. You will get denied. Happened to a buddy that had an unrestricted class A and moved to Boston.

Also applies to an AK.

I don't know if it applies to SKS or Mini 14.

I assure you that I am not a cop, a doctor, a lawyer, nor am I politically connected in any way.

sketch-1500943071698.jpg
I just bought a place in Boston. I hope I also get no restrictions in 5.5 years when I have to renew...although the plan is to be out of the city in 3-4 years.

Move to Boston and try to buy one. You will get denied. Happened to a buddy that had an unrestricted class A and moved to Boston.

Also applies to an AK.

I don't know if it applies to SKS or Mini 14.
SKS and Mini are good to go. I've never heard of anyone getting denied an AR purchase because of Boston residency - it's perfectly legal for a Bostonian to own one, they just can't keep it in the city; sounds like a lame fuddy FFL.

SKS and Mini are good to go. I've never heard of anyone getting denied an AR purchase because of Boston residency - it's perfectly legal for a Bostonian to own one, they just can't keep it in the city; sounds like a lame fuddy FFL.

What I was told, is that his purchase was delayed (he usually gets delayed, we think it's because a serial killer has his last name), and then it was denied. When it was denied he was told because he lives in Boston. That's what he told us.

He was never denied a handgun purchase and now he lives in another state and wasn't denied an AR (although he was delayed again).

Wait, the cities with the largest populations also have the largest number of licenses (not percentage)?
Came here to post this.

Population by town
Boston city *(capital) 617,594
Worcester city 181,045
Springfield city 153,060
Lowell city 106,519

Boston has the most issued LTCs? NO FRICKEN WAY! Sensational article is sensational

The Boston AWB ordinance is specific to possession within the city limits by residents only. It doesn't apply to nonresidents or to Boston residents' property kept outside the city.

Not all dealers understand this and some won't even sell a 'gray area' M&P15-22 because no one knows if it counts as an AR pattern under the city AWB ordinance, despite mechanically being very different and even having Obergraufenfurer Healey state in her current decree by FAQ that .22s aren't an "AW".

Also, since it was mentioned, people keep renewing FIDs for pepper spray because they use it as a second form of ID or it's free for the elderly over 70. Also doesn't help that a lot of LEOs in MA are still ignorant about the change to the law in 2014.

Last edited:
there may be thousands issued to people because they wanted pepper spray, unaware the law was changed so you wouldn't need a ltc to get it, who still renew that ltc. i'm not wild about the facts and figures game.

I saw one of those "florida school shooting survivors" being interviewed last night on some networks newscast. the kid said 98% of all gun owners favor some sort of gun control and a total national ban of "assault weapons." i'd like to see sources listed for shit like that. I must be one of the 2% they didn't ask. anyone ask you guys for your opinion? i'd say no.
Written by ConNewsNetwork and read from a cheat sheet.

Because their parents basements are in other cities and towns.

Nah, it's much less work to sit at their computers and criticize than to go to a rally or the statehouse.

Why is it the Boston experts never live in Boston?

They are NOT “all restricted” stop doing the antis job for them.

The way the AR law is written it is unenforceable, though I am not suggesting anyone break the law.

Pretty soon the resident NES FUDDs are going to have to admit there are plenty enough gun owners to have real political power in this state, if they would lose the negative attitude and get off their asses.

Someone was bullshitting someone. A denial is not based on city of residency, it's based on something in the applicants criminal history record.

What I was told, is that his purchase was delayed (he usually gets delayed, we think it's because a serial killer has his last name), and then it was denied. When it was denied he was told because he lives in Boston. That's what he told us.

He was never denied a handgun purchase and now he lives in another state and wasn't denied an AR (although he was delayed again).

That kids, (Hogg) father is a FBI agent assigned to the Miami office. Which is the office that got at least two detailed calls regarding Cruz being a potential school shooter. Which they ignored. The kid (and his father) are just making up shit to cover up for the abject failure of the FBI to do it's job.

there may be thousands issued to people because they wanted pepper spray, unaware the law was changed so you wouldn't need a ltc to get it, who still renew that ltc. i'm not wild about the facts and figures game.

I saw one of those "florida school shooting survivors" being interviewed last night on some networks newscast. the kid said 98% of all gun owners favor some sort of gun control and a total national ban of "assault weapons." i'd like to see sources listed for shit like that. I must be one of the 2% they didn't ask. anyone ask you guys for your opinion? i'd say no.

Boston's are all restricted and they cannot own AR's in the city.
Wait wut? lolz no on both claims... Or, to be specific, we can't store them in the city, we can buy and own them all day long on Unrestricted MA licenses...and I assure you, I am not connected.

Last edited:
Lol there are a lot of move ins and box people unrestricted in Boston, and a lot of people who ignore the awb there wholesale.
An ADA told me they might charge someone with the AW weapon charge just to hold them until they could charge them with something else. But they had no plans to prosecute anyone under the law because they feel it is unenforceable and would be challenged.

Politicians don’t care because they have the piece of paper. No one has been shot with a long gun of any type for several years, at least.

Not suggesting anyone break any laws.

One of the "perks" of working the overnight shift downtown was seeing all the young women walking around in skimpy outfits during the warm weather.

Let me correct that to just "the young women" because some of them should definitely avoided skimpy outfits. ;)

We USED to have way more college girls walking around the shopping districts in spring.

Thanks Covid.

There are many M1 carbines in the city in the hands of old 'lifetime' license holders from pre-1989 milsurp sales at Woolworths downtown. There's probably enough WW2 era firepower hidden away in the basements and attics of Brighton alone to knock off a few small Euroweenie countries.
But no ammo

But no ammo
Uh... it's all in green surplus cans from what I've seen. Whether or not it will still go bang after being stored in basements, attics, and garages with seasonal humidity and temperature changes is another story.

The Commonwealth in its smugness in 1998 had no idea the consequences of their f***ery. 1.2 million license holders didn't just have their hardware disappear. It just stopped being recorded. Cheryl Jacques and company created a massive underground armory without thinking about it. All that gear is getting quietly passed down in families, off the books, and kept out of sight. Probably more than half to three quarters of the guns in the state are off the books to non-current license holders because the legislature was too busy jacking each other to country club donor money to understand their scribbles in the MGL meant f*** nothing to a large number of people.

Uh... it's all in green surplus cans from what I've seen. Whether or not it will still go bang after being stored in basements, attics, and garages with seasonal humidity and temperature changes is another story.

The Commonwealth in its smugness in 1998 had no idea the consequences of their f***ery. 1.2 million license holders didn't just have their hardware disappear. It just stopped being recorded. Cheryl Jacques and company created a massive underground armory without thinking about it. All that gear is getting quietly passed down in families, off the books, and kept out of sight. Probably more than half to three quarters of the guns in the state are off the books to non-current license holders because the legislature was too busy jacking each other to country club donor money to understand their scribbles in the MGL meant f*** nothing to a large number of people.
Excellent point !

Back
Top Bottom