• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

My final thoughts on the subject was why did they just sell the gun legitimately? There’s clearly more to the story…. He could’ve just put it on gun broker.

I'm sure if he walked down the hallway and offered to sell the guns at a little below cost to another FFL he could have. He's a moron....

Easily. Or to anyone else walking in there that isn’t a criminal.
Yes, yes and yes. There is obviously more to the story than what we know so far. No one could be as stupid as the FFL has been portrayed in the Boston Globe DimocRAT. :(

The sky is not falling I’ve probably dealt with the ATF as an individual more then most of the mill “dealer” I doubt anyone is shitting their pants down there of the fact the ATF is coming.

If I was ATF from my perspective it would just make my job easier to go down there, bang out 79 (or whoever is available) inspection in a day and file a report saying “nothing to see here”

The ATF is easier to deal with then any other fed/state/city agency I’ve ever dealt with with the exception of fish and game and Massachusetts endangered species people. Those two I listed are just full of good positive people.

It’s like Jack was saying in 20 years he’s got one f***ing idiot… I find those to be stellar statistics.

The fact that one retard only sold 17 guns in total and needed to make a straw purchase, intentionally to pay his distributor along with his text messages and Venmo… He’s clearly no criminal mastermind.
Only people in this forum that know nothing are sh*tting their pants.

I just read the story this morning and of course it was a little short of facts and long on lies. How did the seller know that it was a straw purchase? And i was shocked by learning that all AR15s and parts are illegal in the commonwealth. [rolleyes]

Parts too? 🤣. Honestly when I read these articles I laugh at least 10x more than I get angry. Some of the stuff they write is comedy

Yes, yes and yes. There is obviously more to the story than what we know so far. No one could be as stupid as the FFL has been portrayed in the Boston Globe DimocRAT. :(
Yes, they can be as stupid or worse.

I used to give people more credit, I was proven wrong once, but kept insisting most people couldn't be that stupid, proven wrong twice, three times, 4, 5 ... enough times that now I believe most people are that stupid.

I'm sure if he walked down the hallway and offered to sell the guns at a little below cost to another FFL he could have.

He's a moron....

He’s definitely a moron. If he couldn’t sell anything, the worst outcome is his FFL business closes and he files for bankruptcy. A financial lose but no jail time, no criminal record

I can’t imagine he couldn’t sell the guns to other FFLs for a small loss and move them all quickly and again no jail time, no criminal record for life and he keeps his FFL and gun rights.

Or sell them on gun broker and probably make a profit.

Like others, there’s more to this then whats released. 3 glocks for a little over $1k doesn’t make any sense even in a free state like NH

Yes, they can be as stupid or worse.

I used to give people more credit, I was proven wrong once, but kept insisting most people couldn't be that stupid, proven wrong twice, three times, 4, 5 ... enough times that now I believe most people are that stupid.

I go with worse. I have truly come to believe that most people are NPCs. The meme is real. This gets a bit metaphysical, and I know many here don't believe there's a soul, or some eternal essence, or whatever you want to call it. I have come to believe that an NPC may have all the appearance and behaviors of a sentient human, but they are simply constructs in this reality for us to interact with.

That's the opinion I've formed from my experience dealing with thousands of people.

The sky is not falling I’ve probably dealt with the ATF as an individual more then most of the mill “dealer” I doubt anyone is shitting their pants down there of the fact the ATF is coming.

If I was ATF from my perspective it would just make my job easier to go down there, bang out 79 (or whoever is available) inspection in a day and file a report saying “nothing to see here”

The ATF is easier to deal with then any other fed/state/city agency I’ve ever dealt with with the exception of fish and game and Massachusetts endangered species people. Those two I listed are just full of good positive people.

It’s like Jack was saying in 20 years he’s got one f***ing idiot… I find those to be stellar statistics.

The fact that one retard only sold 17 guns in total and needed to make a straw purchase, intentionally to pay his distributor along with his text messages and Venmo… He’s clearly no criminal mastermind.

If I was set up at the Mill, I wouldn't be worried about the FTATF, being as I am not doing anything wrong. If I was a tenant there, I would be more worried about finding another friendly space to continue my hobby. Didn't FTATF just issue new guidance with demo letters making it almost impossible to sell converted stuff to other dealers? Sounds like if they lose their space at the Mill, they are also faced with destroying inventory?

Parts too? 🤣. Honestly when I read these articles I laugh at least 10x more than I get angry. Some of the stuff they write is comedy
This is what got me when I read the article.

September’s Globe investigation of the mill found that of the 32 mill shops it visited or found selling guns online, 25 were selling guns such as AR-15s or the parts to assemble them. Both of these actions are against state law.

If I was set up at the Mill, I wouldn't be worried about the FTATF, being as I am not doing anything wrong. If I was a tenant there, I would be more worried about finding another friendly space to continue my hobby. Didn't FTATF just issue new guidance with demo letters making it almost impossible to sell converted stuff to other dealers? Sounds like if they lose their space at the Mill, they are also faced with destroying inventory?
I’m not sure exactly what you’re talking about but, the im sure you can find another space..

I’ve been trying to get get into having an FFL and was going to set up at the mill but I was worried about a similar situation. But the situation is really just a nothing burger.

It really has no effect on the people still there and they should all be making plans to move at some point anyway, I think they have plenty of time to figure it out..

My situation is a little different. The only reason I didn’t set up at the mill is I didn’t want to drive.

I actually intend to get an ffl to sell firearm, A lot of people get into it for other reasons I’m not saying the people at the Miller doing that I’m just saying, I’ve known many FFL That I could hardly even consider a real business.

The couple locations I looked at locally the landlords didn’t want any part of it.. which is fine their house their rules… I have one location I’m still considering, but just dealing with the f***ing politics of it makes me not wanna do it.

I’m not even looking to make a lot of money, which if you’re getting into selling guns to make a lot it isn’t realistic.. It’s just something I want to do considering I can’t manual labor like I used too..
Operate heavy equipment is getting old. I jump out of it and forget that I’m old and then I land and I don’t wanna show up to work for three days….

But back to the point. It’s unfortunate that this idiot was down at the mill, and did whatever he allegedly did. But it’s not a blackeye for the entire community.

No matter where you work or what you do you’re gonna encounter people that are f***ing idiots. I’m pretty f***ing stupid but I would’ve done any of that.

TL;DR: over two dozen ATF agents are at the mill this week for inspections.

“This week”? With 24+ agents, they should be done in less than a day.

According to the Globe, it's against the law to sell Glocks to non-LEOs.

If you don’t understand how Mass. defines “firearm”, and don’t understand that there’s such a thing as a “used gun that might be old”, this interpretation isn’t insane; it is illegal for a dealer to sell a post ’98 Glock that meets the definition of “firearm” to a non-LEO.

It's like they're not even trying to do thorough research before going to print.

In other news: water is wet, the sun is bright, and ice is slippery.

If you don’t understand how Mass. defines “firearm”, and don’t understand that there’s such a thing as a “used gun that might be old”, this interpretation isn’t insane; it is illegal for a dealer to sell a post ’98 Glock that meets the definition of “firearm” to a non-LEO.
The article did not say one word about "post 98".

Can you cite the MGL chapter that prohibits the sale of post-98 Glocks to non-LEOs?

So was someone from the Globe at the mill or was all this information provided via email/phone? Should dealers be interacting with the Globe? Obviously there’s nothing nefarious going on at the mill (not what the Littleton Karen’s think) so maybe it doesn’t matter? Just thinking out loud here

The gun vendors themselves seemed to be taking the massive federal law enforcement presence in stride.

“This is a normal compliance inspection. Our last one was roughly three years ago [so] we’re due about now,” said Jim Finnerty, the owner of MassReloading.com, which teaches gun safety classes, and the master lease holder to roughly half the vendors at the mill.

Another dealer who was inspected this week said he welcomes the scrutiny because it keeps everyone in compliance.

The dealer, who asked not to be named for fear of professional repercussions, said that between eight and 10 ATF inspectors were in his shop.

“There were two doing inventory, at least six checking the paperwork, a couple of supervisors that were coming in and out, and a couple of technical people [who are experts on weapon types] coming in and out,” the dealer said. “They were extremely thorough.”

Last edited:

TL;DR: over two dozen ATF agents are at the mill this week for inspections.

According to the Globe, it's against the law to sell Glocks to non-LEOs. It's like they're not even trying to do thorough research before going to print.
ATF agents are looking for a dealer selling .40 Hipoints.

Damn, someone is in trouble.

The article did not say one word about "post 98".

Can you cite the MGL chapter that prohibits the sale of post-98 Glocks to non-LEOs?

It's not in MGL, it's under the "consumer protection" bullshit.

I think 1998 is the cutoff, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

So was someone from the Globe at the mill or was all this information provided via email/phone? Should dealers be interacting with the Globe? Obviously there’s nothing nefarious going on at the mill (not what the Littleton Karen’s think) so maybe it doesn’t matter? Just thinking out loud here

The gun vendors themselves seemed to be taking the massive federal law enforcement presence in stride.

“This is a normal compliance inspection. Our last one was roughly three years ago [so] we’re due about now,” said Jim Finnerty, the owner of MassReloading.com, which teaches gun safety classes, and the master lease holder to roughly half the vendors at the mill.

Another dealer who was inspected this week said he welcomes the scrutiny because it keeps everyone in compliance.

The dealer, who asked not to be named for fear of professional repercussions, said that between eight and 10 ATF inspectors were in his shop.

“There were two doing inventory, at least six checking the paperwork, a couple of supervisors that were coming in and out, and a couple of technical people [who are experts on weapon types] coming in and out,” the dealer said. “They were extremely thorough.”
Hi. This is Karen from the Boston Globe.

Click.

What moron ffl would even say one word to the Glob?

M.G.L. c. 93A, § 2(c).

Section 2: Unfair practices; legislative intent; rules and regulations​

Section 2. (a) Unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts or practices in the conduct of any trade or commerce are hereby declared unlawful.

(b) It is the intent of the legislature that in construing paragraph (a) of this section in actions brought under sections four, nine and eleven, the courts will be guided by the interpretations given by the Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Courts to section 5(a)(1) of the Federal Trade Commission Act (15 U.S.C. 45(a)(1)), as from time to time amended.

(c) The attorney general may make rules and regulations interpreting the provisions of subsection 2(a) of this chapter. Such rules and regulations shall not be inconsistent with the rules, regulations and decisions of the Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Courts interpreting the provisions of 15 U.S.C. 45(a)(1) (The Federal Trade Commission Act), as from time to time amended.

++++++++++

Such a sick joke on Massachusetts citizens to be using this bullshit to deny the sale of one brand of handgun that is otherwise on the Approved Roster as good to go. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom