Boston globe Mill article

I remember being at Town Meeting and speaking in favor of an article creating an adult district up off Pleasure Island Rd, and people were speaking against it because they were not smart enough to figure out why the article was on the warrant... we had to explain it to them in very simple language.... the article also defined how much space constituted adult useage... so the local dirty book store "news stand" had to sell more lottery tix, smokes, and newspapers to keep from getting labeled an adult book store. You didn't want the local 7-11 not to sell Playboy ya know.

Up in Dracut, the zone is on 38 just before the NH line.

A customer of ours lost his lease on his shop in Woburn, he tried to get permitted for a new body shop in Wilmington and got turned down.... he saw property in Dracut and looked into it.... Dracut couldn't green light his permits fast enough.... anything he needed they bent over to help with.... it turns out the property he bought was the last parcel in that adult allowed district, and by him building a shop on it it prevented a strip club from opening in Dracut as all the other properties were in other use and were not for sale.
This material writes itself. [rofl]

IIRC this was the result of a court decision that strip clubs and adult stores had 1A rights, so they could not be banned, but they could be zoned.

In MA it was a big deal because of some adult shop up at the top of Winter Hill in Slummerville, the C.O.P. parked a cop on the sidewalk every day to drive business away... since Slummerville didn't have a local law preventing it from locating there they eventually created a adult entertainment zone, as did many other communities .

I remember being at Town Meeting and speaking in favor of an article creating an adult district up off Pleasure Island Rd, and people were speaking against it because they were not smart enough to figure out why the article was on the warrant... we had to explain it to them in very simple language.... the article also defined how much space constituted adult useage... so the local dirty book store "news stand" had to sell more lottery tix, smokes, and newspapers to keep from getting labeled an adult book store. You didn't want the local 7-11 not to sell Playboy ya know.

Up in Dracut, the zone is on 38 just before the NH line.

A customer of ours lost his lease on his shop in Woburn, he tried to get permitted for a new body shop in Wilmington and got turned down.... he saw property in Dracut and looked into it.... Dracut couldn't green light his permits fast enough.... anything he needed they bent over to help with.... it turns out the property he bought was the last parcel in that adult allowed district, and by him building a shop on it it prevented a strip club from opening in Dracut as all the other properties were in other use and were not for sale.
Adult entertainment on “Pleasure Island Road” ?! For real?

Adult entertainment on “Pleasure Island Road” ?! For real?
In the town of Wakefield that is where the adult entertainment district is located it is the only place you could put a strip club adult bookstore or other similar operation. I know I was there at town meeting many moons ago when it was voted upon.

Just an investment for the future strip club that will reside there.

In the town of Wakefield that is where the adult entertainment district is located it is the only place you could put a strip club adult bookstore or other similar operation. I know I was there at town meeting many moons ago when it was voted upon.
Lived in Wakefield for 40 years. We used to go to Pleasure Island all the time. Snuck in through the woods.

The "Disneyland of the East"

My Grandfather took me to Pleasure Island in the mid 50's and got to see the 3 Stooges perform. My favorite thing there was the trains. As a little kid, got to climb up ladders and go all over the engines. Could you imagine something like that today??? I miss the good old days :(

You must be old Alan. I went there once when I was 4 shortly before it closed and I'm old.
I'm 64. We used to walk down the train tracks from Wakefield (freight trains) on a little used spur that took us right to Pleasure Island. Used to love that place. It was literally known as the Disneyland of the east. When they built it, their business plan didn't take into account the 5 months it would be closed because of weather. Only lasted until 1969.

Sad

That’s what I thought. I am zoned correctly. But I guarantee They’ll still never let it happen.. It’ll be more cost-effective to find another location.

Several years back (maybe 2015ish) there was a guy somewhere around Fairhaven that had a gun shop in his garage. Not sure how he did it, perhaps somehow he got a different address for it, but definitely shared the driveway and matched the house. Couldn’t have been more than 30’ from the house. Not sure if still there.

Several years back (maybe 2015ish) there was a guy somewhere around Fairhaven that had a gun shop in his garage. Not sure how he did it, perhaps somehow he got a different address for it, but definitely shared the driveway and matched the house. Couldn’t have been more than 30’ from the house. Not sure if still there.
My city/ neighbors are incredibly hard to deal with.

The same f***en idiots that complain about absolutely any thing I try to do are so dumb they don’t realize I’m trying to help them.

I could help all these guys bring all their lots into compliance, But they seem to think I should pay them to help them or that I need anything they have…. And they all sue me and loose.

These are the same idiot that will complain about me having an FFL… Don’t you think it would be nice if I had a suppressor? I can already imagine the city meetings in my head. Them going down there and seeing the same shit they always say…” Won’t you think of the children!” “GUNS!”

If no one wants to cooperate maybe I’ll go up there and shoot my guns.. been awhile.

I have 3 different beltfeds with less then 300 rds on them. That’s a sin.

Lived in Wakefield for 40 years. We used to go to Pleasure Island all the time. Snuck in through the woods.

Apparently some of the attractions are buried on site and the in the ponds that cover the office park that is now there.

The beginning of this video shows some footage of the place when it was open:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNBZjp7ovOM

Apparently some of the attractions are buried on site and the in the ponds that cover the office park that is now there.

The beginning of this video shows some footage of the place when it was open:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNBZjp7ovOM

Yes. If you know where to look when you're driving past the Hyatt to Temezcal for dinner, you can absolutely tell where the ponds were and figure out how the "flow" of the park worked. It helps to read this book, if you're interested.

1665838328978.png

They include modern photos of the old sites, so that you can figure out which parking lots used to be themed restaurants and lines for the rides. Those of you who went there as kids should search out a copy and pay a nostalgia visit.

Remember one important fact.

Leftists are not doing things or making those outlandish comments to communicate. They are doing these things to get a reaction out of us. They then use that reaction to destroy us. It's all in Saul Alinski's Rules for Radicals.

The best thing to do when some progressive puke says that all gun nuts should be killed, or sent to death camps, is to look upon them as five year olds whose parents never taught them discipline, and forgot to change their stinky diapers.

Just smile to yourself, turn around, say nothing, and walk away. And vote. Don't take the bait, and give them the rope to hang you.

Just look at what those Jan 6 morons handed to the left that allowed them to defeat Trump, and label all of us as subversive, terrorists.

Don't let them manipulate you.

Learn it, know it, live it.
Trump had already been defeated by Jan 6.
Not calling out the lies is what allowed their narrative to flourish

It's MORE than just vote.

If you really give a sh*t, campaign/volunteer/support/contribute for the appropriate candidate and
causes.

Our side doesn't do any of that to balance out the tsunami of Lefty BS.

Yes. If you know where to look when you're driving past the Hyatt to Temezcal for dinner, you can absolutely tell where the ponds were and figure out how the "flow" of the park worked. It helps to read this book, if you're interested.

View attachment 673427

They include modern photos of the old sites, so that you can figure out which parking lots used to be themed restaurants and lines for the rides. Those of you who went there as kids should search out a copy and pay a nostalgia visit.
Quick off-course here:
How many independent (non-chain) amusement parks have we lost, anyhow? Might be a good off-topic discussion.
Ones I know about:
Paragon
Whalom
Pleasure Island
Rocky Point
Wonderland
White City
Pinehurst Park
Riverside
Old Orchard
York Beach

Last edited:
Quick off-course here:
How many independent (non-chain) amusement parks have we lost, anyhow? Might be a good off-topic discussion.
Ones I know about:
Canobie
Whalom
Pleasure Island
Rocky Point
Wonderland
White City
Pinehurst Park
Riverside
Old Orchard
York Beach

Canobie is still there

Quick off-course here:
Ones I know about:
Paragon
Whalom
Pleasure Island
Rocky Point
Wonderland
White City
Pinehurst Park
Riverside
Old Orchard
York Beach

Mountain Park.

Quick off-course here:
Ones I know about:
Paragon
Whalom
Pleasure Island
Rocky Point
Wonderland
White City
Pinehurst Park
Riverside
Old Orchard
York Beach

Santa’s Lookout (Middleton)