• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

I'd like to have a rough estimate of how much tax money the mill is providing Littleton. Plus all of these dealers are paying the state for the licenses and sales tax on everything they sell
The Mill pays real estate taxes. Every year they ask for a tenant rent roll. I shitcan it. At the third and final request they say that the state "allows" them to fine us $250 for not giving them the info. I tell that the state probably "allows" them to piss into the wind also. They add the $250 to the tax bill and we pay it. Tenant info is none of their business. Jack.

I'd like to have a rough estimate of how much tax money the mill is providing Littleton. Plus all of these dealers are paying the state for the licenses and sales tax on everything they sell
How the holy hell many times do I have to say this? There are only 6 or 8 active gun shops in the Mill. This will eventually become public knowledge and a lot of people will have egg on their faces. Jack.

Last edited:
Not sure if it was posted, here is the Littleton selectman meeting. Hilarious

Nearly every speaker has that liberal look, the black rimmed glasses, etc. wait till they find out you can get any gun part mailed to your house (except the receiver)

View: https://youtu.be/lDCW8K_pZgA

This made the news:

Nearly every speaker has that liberal look, the black rimmed glasses, etc. wait till they find out you can get any gun part mailed to your house (except the receiver)

I think someone should buy the Mill, sell whistles, and safe places for all those liberal twits in the town to go to.

An interesting point is that the majority of FFLs in the United States are "table top" FFLs, i.e. run out of one's home as a home business. However, Massachusetts is an outlier in that the state laws are so constructed that it's pretty much impossible to run anything other than an 03 (C&R) FFL out of your home. That's why the majority of FFLs at the Mill are there in the first place. In a free state, I'm pretty sure a large percentage of them would be running a home based FFL. It's Massachusetts's own anti-gun laws that force folks into joining together so they can have a reasonably priced "place of business" outside of their home. It's still costs more to run a small FFL in Mass, even at the Mill, then it does in pretty much any other state, but the Mill makes it feasible for folks living in its vicinity.
As a followup on this post. Most people don't understand how expensive a hobby firearms can be. Most serious firearms hobbyists will spend thousands of dollars a year on their hobby. Just like other expensive hobbies, it is not unusual for firearms enthusiasts to try and offset the cost of their hobby by leveraging it as a small business. That's what by far the majority of "table top" FFLs are doing. While they might not make a living from their FFL, they are trying to make enough profit to fund their hobby. From the ATF's point of view, this is a completely legitimate reason for having an FFL, since you are indeed doing it for profit. You are just using the profit to fund your hobby.

Love the people scared to let their kids walk in for music class. It’s probably the safest place in the state! Suddenly gun enthusiasts are more dangerous than trans rapists in the wrong bathroom!
Given that licensed firearms owners are more law abiding that law enforcement officers, I imagine they don't want their kids anywhere near the police station either. Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2016.

True, but I think EC was talking about meeting the requirement for an FFL to be engaged in commercial operations. I.e., you can turn around to the ATF and say you're engaged in it with that intent with such a simple transaction, even if that doesn't trigger the average Joe to HAVE to get one.

I do see how you can read his statement as you did, but it was more a rebuttal to the whole issue about justifying it to ATF.

No, that is not what was written. But the ATF document is a good one to be familiar with if you are told you need a federal firearms license.

Lots of nervous Karens in Littleton.

So the Mill's been there for what 4-5 years give or take. How has that impacted crime in Littleton, or Mass? Not at all, end of story.

Jesus christ, the maniac at 18 min. WOW

An interesting point is that the majority of FFLs in the United States are "table top" FFLs, i.e. run out of one's home as a home business. However, Massachusetts is an outlier in that the state laws are so constructed that it's pretty much impossible to run anything other than an 03 (C&R) FFL out of your home. That's why the majority of FFLs at the Mill are there in the first place.
I am old enough to remember Massachusetts when half of my close friends and coworkers were "table top" FFLs. Those were good times. Then the state had to go and spoil it. The funny thing is that it left us with that contradictory situation where if you sell or trade too many guns, you may have to be an FFL... but then they won't allow you to be an FFL (not without a separate business location anyway).

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. You can't win. o_O

Lots of nervous Karens in Littleton.

So the Mill's been there for what 4-5 years give or take. How has that impacted crime in Littleton, or Mass? Not at all, end of story.
We've had the Mill for over 30 years. I was the first FFL there when I moved my 07 to there from Acton about 23 years ago. Eventually I discovered NES and started to get bright ideas. So here we are. FFLives matter! Jack.

so, (dumb question) - where does the 80 number come from ?
From the ATF data base. All FFLs are listed there no matter what type. The Globe just looked at that and called them all gun shops. Lie of the century. If you have 50 plumbers licensed in Mass, does that mean that they all have stores and sell plumbing supplies? The Globe would take it that way. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom