Boston globe Mill article

"On Monday morning, the Select Board held a closed-door meeting to discuss purchasing the privately owned building so the board could control its fate. That evening, the Planning Board considered drafting a zoning ordinance to strictly limit new gun dealers in town. The select board plans to hold a meeting this week to respond to resident concerns about the Globe’s findings."

There were findings? That they are operating within the law?
“7:45 Discuss Potential Zoning Bylaw - Firearms Businesses - Wellesley and Newton example bylaws; Village Common Mixed-Use Zoning;GIS Link to Boston Globe Article

Well that’s not good.

And I just love the 'licensed' firearm owner (not) who just told every Globe reader how easy it is to to build an 'AR' from parts ordered on line and then 'build' his perfectly legal AR with a few parts that had to go through an FFL. Seriously dude? Somethings are just not meant to be broadcast which is why we can still do that. Along with transferring frames on handguns.

And I just love the 'licensed' firearm owner (not) who just told every Globe reader how easy it is to to build an 'AR' from parts ordered on line and then 'build' his perfectly legal AR with a few parts that had to go through an FFL. Seriously dude? Somethings are just not meant to be broadcast which is why we can still do that. Along with transferring frames on handguns.
I suspect it was one of those moments where you got a 30-ish female reporter with her blouse half undone asking “do you really think people build these weapons around here??” and a man who doesn’t get much action putting on his bravado thinking he’s somehow got a shot with her because of the attention she’s giving him, puffing up his chest and spouting, on the record, “Ha! It’s super easy to get your hands on assault rifles in MA! Let me tell you! I can buy one in 10 min! Anyone can. See these chest hairs? I have one assault rifle for each hair in my expensive lawyer castle I call home. Say. Why don’t you come over and I’ll show you my gunzzzzzz!”

Reporter smirks, “No, I think I have everything I need right here.”

"On Monday morning, the Select Board held a closed-door meeting to discuss purchasing the privately owned building so the board could control its fate. That evening, the Planning Board considered drafting a zoning ordinance to strictly limit new gun dealers in town. The select board plans to hold a meeting this week to respond to resident concerns about the Globe’s findings."

There were findings? That they are operating within the law?
They should receive a letter from a nightmare of a lawyer .
Harassment of a legal business for political purposes.
Lots of zeros in the upcoming lawsuit.

I suspect it was one of those moments where you got a 30-ish female reporter with her blouse half undone asking “do you really think people build these weapons around here??” and a man who doesn’t get much action putting on his bravado thinking he’s somehow got a shot with her because of the attention she’s giving him, puffing up his chest and spouting, on the record, “Ha! It’s super easy to get your hands on assault rifles in MA! Let me tell you! I can buy one in 10 min! Anyone can. See these chest hairs? I have one assault rifle for each hair in my expensive lawyer castle I call home. Say. Why don’t you come over and I’ll show you my gunzzzzzz!”

Reporter smirks, “No, I think I have everything I need right here.”
I made the mistake of being nice to one who seemed nice and sincere .
Once .
Never again.
Standard reply to any member of the media GFYS.
Any follow up questions , the answer is GFYS louder.

They should receive a letter from a nightmare of a lawyer .
Harassment of a legal business for political purposes.
Lots of zeros in the upcoming lawsuit.
Newton did it. No one sued. Appears Wellesley as well.

Newton did it this very way via zoning since the selectmen believed an outright ban would be challenged in court.

This can only be applied to new businesses. Anything existing cannot be touched, which is probably why they want to find a way to remove the current occupants by displacing them via sale or ownership change or demolition.

Wrong. It is and should be legal. It shouldn’t be in the shadows. Exercise your rights or lose them. It’s really disheartening that we are so browbeaten.

And that’s not me endorsing the cooperation with reporters, as much as it’s a critique on the idea that we should be hiding what is and should be legal.

Newton did it. No one sued. Appears Wellesley as well.

Newton did it this very way via zoning since the selectmen believed an outright ban would be challenged in court.

This can only be applied to new businesses. Anything existing cannot be touched, which is probably why they want to find a way to remove the current occupants by displacing them via sale or ownership change or demolition.
I’m rather sure the operations in The Mill are fully in compliance with zoning.
You can’t just change zoning without grandfathering to the best of my knowledge.
Every single damn one of us knows the town would love to do something “upscale” there.
Something to match the clusterfcuk on the other side of 495 and a great match for the pending doom of the IBM joint.

I’m rather sure the operations in The Mill are fully in compliance with zoning.
You can’t just change zoning without grandfathering to the best of my knowledge.
Every single damn one of us knows the town would love to do something “upscale” there.
Something to match the clusterfcuk on the other side of 495 and a great match for the pending doom of the IBM joint.
I indicated the grandfathering in my last paragraph. They will have to displace the existing tenants in some other way if they don’t want them there

Another guy who does not understand English well enough to grasp how a prefatory clause relates to an operative clause.

My English is not so good looking and I don't know much about those big fancy operator claws but I can tell you the text of the second amendment says : "the right of the people" not "the right of the militia"

Wrong. It is and should be legal. It shouldn’t be in the shadows. Exercise your rights or lose them. It’s really disheartening that we are so browbeaten.

And that’s not me endorsing the cooperation with reporters, as much as it’s a critique on the idea that we should be hiding what is and should be legal.
Seriously, this thread has taken a bit of a defeatist attitude.

1664067137732.png

Just thought I'd remind you, this is in Massachusetts, the general public is NOT on your side.

All that did was open one big ass can of worms,and now the ATF and the rest of the gestapo
are going fishing. You know they, are going to try very hard to catch someone.
The ATF inspects those dealers regularly and never finds anything wrong. It’s the state and Littleton moonbats that are the concern

I dunno man. It’s similar to posting the names of vendors who ship ammo to MA on NES and the AG trolls threatening them.

I get where you’re coming from though. It’s a double edge sword. Inform new gun owners (who may be reporters..) on how to build ARs and risk giving attention to it or not say anything and have less people building/owning ARs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The archive link, f*** the glob

“We’ve never had so many calls”
Yeah? How many? List them. The globes readership is less than 1 in every hundred residents. There are under a hundred people who get that rag in littleton, every single one of them call their representatives? FOH.

Zoning boards and town councils are staffed with people with nothing better to do. I hope they do something stupid and we end up with marble floors and a solid gold statue atop a water fountain to replace the cardboard cutout thanks to “concerned citizens” property taxes.

Shocking that the Pizzutti propaganda machine Globe would resort to half truths & lies to push their agenda on legal sales of product.

Also, enjoy that handgun roster while it lasts Maura, already getting destroyed in CA post Bruen.

Idiot liberals

Back
Top Bottom