• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

I've never seen one that actually matched an upper correctly they always have this frosty as f*** s*** off/cast appearance. Euch. Not worth it when you can middle flint and get something that doesn't look like s*** usually for like maybe 20 bucks more. Plus once you get into that range you end up with useful things like threaded spring retainers, or other features. Aero even makes a cheap lower that will always look better. I've also seen off-brand stuff like Colorado machine or whatever that looked better and had more features than a pp... hard pass for me, if the 50 bucks or whatever it is actually breaks my budget then I probably shouldn't be building a rifle.
I've always been in the " a lower is a lower" crowd but your talking cosmetic appearance not functionality right? Lower choice has never been a big issue for me, I always sunk my money for a build in the barrel, bolt and FCG

You know what’s ghey is worrying about your AR matching. It’s a tool not a work of art.

Value prop. It's not that it doesnt work (they work perfectly fine) but if I ever have to sell any of my shit its infinitely easier to sell if it doesnt have one of those steamers hanging off of it. Sure, people that know better wont care... but they don't make up the majority of the market. People that barely know anything do. In that bottom 80% or from a retail perspective, PPs are what we call a "bad look". INSTANTLY, everyone else thinks "ok so what else did they chinse out on in this gun". It's like trying to sell a lawnmower with an HF predator engine on it. It'll never be worth as much as the same lawnmower with a low hour original motor on it. It basically exudes "builder doesnt care, what else did they not care about?" there's no getting around that. Trying to tell the buyer "you shouldnt automatically throw up in your mouth a litlte when you see an Anderson" doesnt reverse the puking. [laugh]

To qualify I do have low value shit in my safe, but I try to keep that a small minority of guns because that stuff is a bunch of albatrosses. it costs money to touch and store that
shit after a point.

And sure you can sit around and probably find a way better buyer if you have time. But the few times I actually NEEDED to sell guns, time was not on my side.

I also dont want to be transmitting safes full of percieved-as-garbage onto whoever my heirs are. I've seen it happen to too many little old ladies. You stand there thinking "if her husband wasnt a cheap skinflint motherf***er and bought like 8 perceived as good guns instead of 16 miscellaneous shitty ones she'd be leaving here with a lot more money". Low-coherence Mixmasters have poor value retention in the open market. I am admittedly biased because I have seen a lot of shitty guns.

It doesn't matter whether PPs are actually shitty or not, a ton of people /think/ they are and thats enough to f*** with a snap valuation.

It's like if I had a chest of perfectly good higher-end HF tools and another chest of SK or Snap-On.... you go to one of those I sell shit on ebay guys, you're going to get pennies on the dollar for the former. Because chinesium/perception/reputation. Not because "its actually bad" but the market won't put up real cash for it.

Value prop. It's not that it doesnt work (they work perfectly fine) but if I ever have to sell any of my shit its infinitely easier to sell if it doesnt have one of those steamers hanging off of it. Sure, people that know better wont care... but they don't make up the majority of the market. People that barely know anything do. In that bottom 80% or from a retail perspective, PPs are what we call a "bad look". INSTANTLY, everyone else thinks "ok so what else did they chinse out on in this gun". It's like trying to sell a lawnmower with an HF predator engine on it. It'll never be worth as much as the same lawnmower with a low hour original motor on it. It basically exudes "builder doesnt care, what else did they not care about?" there's no getting around that. Trying to tell the buyer "you shouldnt automatically throw up in your mouth a litlte when you see an Anderson" doesnt reverse the puking. [laugh]

To qualify I do have low value shit in my safe, but I try to keep that a small minority of guns because that stuff is a bunch of albatrosses. it costs money to touch and store that
shit after a point.

And sure you can sit around and probably find a way better buyer if you have time. But the few times I actually NEEDED to sell guns, time was not on my side.

I also dont want to be transmitting safes full of percieved-as-garbage onto whoever my heirs are. I've seen it happen to too many little old ladies. You stand there thinking "if her husband wasnt a cheap skinflint motherf***er and bought like 8 perceived as good guns instead of 16 miscellaneous shitty ones she'd be leaving here with a lot more money". Low-coherence Mixmasters have poor value retention in the open market. I am admittedly biased because I have seen a lot of shitty guns.

It doesn't matter whether PPs are actually shitty or not, a ton of people /think/ they are and thats enough to f*** with a snap valuation.

It's like if I had a chest of perfectly good higher-end HF tools and another chest of SK or Snap-On.... you go to one of those I sell shit on ebay guys, you're going to get pennies on the dollar for the former. Because chinesium/perception/reputation. Not because "its actually bad" but the market won't put up real cash for it.
People go to Hell for selling guns. It's a major sin, like taking the Lord's name in vain, or committing adultery.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
People care about lowers this much?

All mine are either from old group buys on this forum a billion years ago (minus the Code Red fiasco), or the cheapest ones I can find. It's a lower for f*** sake.

Guns are super gay.
iu

I just think it’s funny the people that upsess so much about their lower or the color of their gun are the same ones who never use them anyway.

I just think it’s funny the people that upsess so much about their lower or the color of their gun are the same ones who never use them anyway.
This x1000. If I have 5000+ rounds through my poverty pony and you have 500 through your Gucci gat what does that equal? It equals a good chance that I’ll end up with my poverty pony AND your Gucci gat. If it’s reliable, durable, effective, and you know how to use it? Who cares what it looks like or who forged it?

There is no obsession, it's a preference, like the clothes you wear or car you buy or dont buy etc.

It's why the industry is the way it is, and why there are tons of lowers to choose from. Otherwise life would be pretty boring if they only sold one shitty looking lower and that was all you
could buy. [rofl]

I just think it’s funny that people think they have 5000 rounds are gone and that’s even anything. That’s a break in period.

At the same time you could spend top dollar for a Bolton have a snap in half with an 100 rounds. We’ve all seen it happen

This x1000. If I have 5000+ rounds through my poverty pony and you have 500 through your Gucci gat what does that equal? It equals a good chance that I’ll end up with my poverty pony AND your Gucci gat. If it’s reliable, durable, effective, and you know how to use it? Who cares what it looks like or who forged it?

How you think I feel? I mix and match all sorts of shit. I’m the slopqueef with a gucci radian upper on a $70 lower from I think DGW Gunworks that was a group buy on this forum.

I don’t think I have any expensive lower receivers.

Tbink my most expensive was an aero precision which was also a group buy here. The infamous ghost gun lowers. 073E9FFC-9C0D-47A3-B581-FEF23F507D18.jpeg

How you think I feel? I mix and match all sorts of shit. I’m the slopqueef with a gucci radian upper on a $70 lower from I think DGW Gunworks that was a group buy on this forum.

I don’t think I have any expensive lower receivers.

Tbink my most expensive was an aero precision which was also a group buy here. The infamous ghost gun lowers. View attachment 662320
send me the serial

Back
Top Bottom