• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

Bullsh*t, at that point he becomes a politician or pawn, not a law enforcement officer

Any political pressure from above should be met with "we have no probable cause to investigate, and any inspections we have done have resulted in (x) violations which we addressed"

As much as I hate the "strong chief" law, it has some benefit when a C.O.P. can tell the politicians to go piss up a rope
Not bullshit. He is a good guy. No one is appointed chief that is not able to manage some level of politics. It’s unavoidable. I’ve been a selectman. I’ve hired police including a chief. Pinard is a good guy and a member of HSC. He finds the right balance in a position that is rarely easy.

I can't read the article... So Jack's words to that reporter were printed in the 9/10 update? Well, I guess they like the free publicity at the Mill.
Credit to someone on the first page http://archive.today/SqxDc
Who did better below?
Jack
, Jack Lorenz, even has a saying: “Healey language is not spoken at the Mill.”

But around 2014, Lorenz, 87, a cantankerous, liberal-hating machine gun dealer, started actively recruiting gun tenants on the forum Northeastshooters.com, where he goes by “one-eyed Jack.”
Lawyer
“How easy is it to buy an assault weapon in Massachusetts? The answer is pretty easy. You can literally do it right now,” said Jason Guida, an attorney who specializes in firearms cases and previously served as director of the state Firearms Records Bureau.

“It is an open and brazen challenge to the attorney general,” said Guida.

“They’re all in the same room, and they’re all working together, but they’re technically different legal entities,” said Guida, who has represented Mill dealers and customers.

Nonetheless, Guida said, he advises against such sales because they could still be prosecuted under other legal doctrines. (--- wtf lol

“There’s an idea that the attorney general’s enforcement notice is a press release, that it hasn’t been enforced in a court of law,” he said.

I'd like to give everyone a news flash that I shouldn't have to. Guida is a sleazy lawyer who uses his connections to makes shitty deals for people who are dumb enough to hire him.

I personally met Guida about a MA firearms case (for me). After talking to him I would NEVER use him as a gun lawyer. All he wanted to do was sell me down the river. I hired NSTassel and my case was dismissed.

Let me repeat that. He immediately wanted to submit a plea deal and my REAL FIREARMS LAWYER Tassel got my case dismissed. Think about how shitty of a person that makes him.
Any chance Guida has his eye on a political office?

If assault weapons were being sold at the Mill, people would be in jail. Instead unregulated items and compliant modern sporting rifles are being sold. The problem as usual is that people don’t understand the difference through ignorance or choice.

Glidden waxes poetic about dealers being irresponsible and selling illegal weapons in parts knowing that the customer would assemble them. Again, spoken either from willful ignorance or choice (as proven in his book). Uppers are sold with pinned and welded muzzle brakes and the service is offered broadly. That would seem to contradict this line of “logic”.

Some dealers have big mouths and did talk directly on the record the globe. I am in no way surprised by the ones that did. Poor choice fellas.

Guida has proven yet again he is an insider and politician, not a 2A lawyer. He can’t understand the law well enough to see past his own experience as a state employee.

Littleton PD is NOT THE PROBLEM. For those that have no experience as a selectman or police in a small town and have no direct first hand knowledge of LPD, please stick a sock in it. You are not helping. Don’t villainize the wrong people. It could be far worse.

It would be nice if the Herald could do a story about how Ignorant Maura and the globe are when it comes to firearm laws.
The Herald is just another woke rag at this point, ask Howie Carr.... he pretty much said the same thing on his show a few weeks ago, and if you notice the Herald has not printed anything of his since

If assault weapons were being sold at the Mill, people would be in jail. Instead unregulated items and compliant modern sporting rifles are being sold. The problem as usual is that people don’t understand the difference through ignorance or choice.

Glidden waxes poetic about dealers being irresponsible and selling illegal weapons in parts knowing that the customer would assemble them. Again, spoken either from willful ignorance or choice (as proven in his book). Uppers are sold with pinned and welded muzzle brakes and the service is offered broadly. That would seem to contradict this line of “logic”.

Some dealers have big mouths and did talk directly on the record the globe. I am in no way surprised by the ones that did. Poor choice fellas.

Guida has proven yet again he is an insider and politician, not a 2A lawyer. He can’t understand the law well enough to see past his own experience as a state employee.

Littleton PD is NOT THE PROBLEM. For those that have no experience as a selectman or police in a small town and have no direct first hand knowledge of LPD, please stick a sock in it. You are not helping. Don’t villainize the wrong people. It could be far worse.
I was in town government, including 2 runs for Selectman, I didn't win but I was close enough to the process to know what happens, I had friends on the Board and others who were giving me the real info.

We got a Lt from Watertown as COP because the in house candidate was a disaster.... and I talked to Watertown Cops that told me good luck we can't wait to get rid of him.

We got a guy from the next town over that the other town could not get rid of fast enough because the in house candidate was book smart, street stupid and was eventually "retired" for things I don't want to go into on this forum

We had a COP that got the job because he was owed tons of favors from various Selectmen including looking the other way when one Selectman was using his wife as a punching bag, and burying the rape charges against the same Selectman's kid.... who got hired as a Officer by the same Chief.

When a subsequent B.O.S. pushed back on him, he made it known that he was a "strong Chief" under MA Law and they could piss up a rope.

Sorry, from my experience Chiefs are political creatures.

Oh BTW My Dad resigned ( and at least 6 others transferred ) from the department shortly after the guy who was owed favors became Chief, and I turned down an offer to become a Reserve which would have led to a FT position on the same department

He doesn't come off as a good guy, why would he be asking for help from the AG office?
Translated from government into English, asking the AG office for help because he doesn't have the resources is equivalent to telling the AG 'it's your mess, you deal with it'.

His company’s Instagram page has raised eyebrows even among fellow Mill dealers, with post after post of semiautomatic pistols and rifles with banana-shaped magazines, captioned with slogans like, “You dream, we build.”

Banana-shaped. The horror. Where's Beavis.

He doesn't come off as a good guy, why would he be asking for help from the AG office?
The local licensing authority is responsible to inspect dealers annually per the law. They have over 70 dealers. Inspection reasonably includes review of MIRCS transactions to insure legal sales and transfers. LPD can’t possibly do this for all the dealers at the Mill. This leaves LPD in a difficult place relative to their legal responsibilities. Getting the AG office reviewing MIRCS transactions to flag questionable ones so LPD can follow up is an example of help. It nicely consumes AG resources pointlessly.

Since off roster guns can be framed, there is NO reason for any dealer to have illegal transactions at the Mill. Getting the AG to help sounds like a great idea to me. Let them waste their time…

I look at it this way.

We know the media distorts almost everything our side says. Why do we assume they wouldn't distort what a CoP says, if it doesn't suit their agenda?

I can't take any quotes from the Globe at face value, even about a CoP in a gun-control story.

I look at it this way.

We know the media distorts almost everything our side says. Why do we assume they wouldn't distort what a CoP says, if it doesn't suit their agenda?

I can't take any quotes from the Globe at face value, even about a CoP in a gun-control story.
I suppose you have a point ......... The quote just doesn't come across well to law abiding owners.

I know , but I also know enough that she didn't scare. With that being said , no firearms are illegal in Massachusetts if you're not exceeding the mag capacity.
False. Magazine capacity is its own violation and unless a fixed mag or tube, not part of the gun. All guns that are not assault weapons are lawful.

Dear Maura

I know you're reading this, I just wanted to know it is because of you personally I left the state. Your face is so f***ing ugly and every time I paid taxes to the state all I could think about is how you need to get out of my business, out of my life, and you badly need your teeth fixed. You probably don't remember, but I met you at the Tip Tap room in December last year. I was the bald guy that sat next to you at the bar and called you a commie. Your breath stank like old fish but it was your air of arrogance that cleared the room. Even the hardcore liberals that frequent that establishment hate you. Your ideas about control can't be extrapolated to the people, and even though you think you know best youre wrong. You need to go away.

Anthony

Last edited:
Translated from government into English, asking the AG office for help because he doesn't have the resources is equivalent to telling the AG 'it's your mess, you deal with it'.
A reader shouldn't have to decipher any words spoken ......... If you want to be a respected leader , say what needs to be said , no reason to beat around the bush in my opinion.

I suppose you have a point ......... The quote just doesn't come across well to law abiding owners.

I agree, but I don't know the guy. If Jack says he's okay, I'll trust that more than the Globe.

I don't lend any creedence to him saying he can use help from the AG. I interpreted that the same way @KMM696 did, as him pointing out that if the AG wanted her edict enforced, she could damn well lift a finger and lend him a hand. If not, he'd just keep on doing what he does.

I’m particularly curious what data the Mass FRB provided the globe:
View attachment 660268

There was also a lot of definitive declarations of people purchasing and owning “assault weapons”, even if they don’t qualify according to the law. Libel?

But at least there was this:
“For their part, gun dealers there said they take great care to follow all laws, and insisted the attorney general’s directives on assault weapons are merely her opinion and are unenforceable without a change in state law.”

Oh, and even if Guida’s quotes had context removed, the fact he said any of what he said is problematic.
Has Jason ever *not* been problematic?

He was always on the wrong side of the fence IMO. I understand others feel differently about that.

I was in town government, including 2 runs for Selectman, I didn't win but I was close enough to the process to know what happens, I had friends on the Board and others who were giving me the real info.

We got a Lt from Watertown as COP because the in house candidate was a disaster.... and I talked to Watertown Cops that told me good luck we can't wait to get rid of him.

We got a guy from the next town over that the other town could not get rid of fast enough because the in house candidate was book smart, street stupid and was eventually "retired" for things I don't want to go into on this forum

We had a COP that got the job because he was owed tons of favors from various Selectmen including looking the other way when one Selectman was using his wife as a punching bag, and burying the rape charges against the same Selectman's kid.... who got hired as a Officer by the same Chief.

When a subsequent B.O.S. pushed back on him, he made it known that he was a "strong Chief" under MA Law and they could piss up a rope.

Sorry, from my experience Chiefs are political creatures.

Oh BTW My Dad resigned ( and at least 6 others transferred ) from the department shortly after the guy who was owed favors became Chief, and I turned down an offer to become a Reserve which would have led to a FT position on the same department
Sounds like you live in a town MUCH larger than Littleton. Different place.

Dear Maura

I know you're reading this, I just wanted to know it is because of you personally I left the state. Your face is so f***ing ugly and every time I paid taxes to the state all I could think about is how you need to get out of my business, out of my life, and you badly need your teeth fixed. You probably don't remember, but I met you at the Top Tap room in December last year. I was the bald guy that sat next to you at the bar and called you a commie Your breath stank like old fish but it was your air of arrogance that cleared the room. Even the hardcore liberals that frequent that establishment hate you. Your ideas about control can't be extrapolated to the people, and even though you think you know best youre wrong. You need to go away.

Anthony
Her breath smelled like that because of the old hag she goes down on. F you, Maura and all your ilk. Nobody respects you and you are a joke.

The local licensing authority is responsible to inspect dealers annually per the law. They have over 70 dealers. Inspection reasonably includes review of MIRCS transactions to insure legal sales and transfers. LPD can’t possibly do this for all the dealers at the Mill. This leaves LPD in a difficult place relative to their legal responsibilities. Getting the AG office reviewing MIRCS transactions to flag questionable ones so LPD can follow up is an example of help. It nicely consumes AG resources pointlessly.

Since off roster guns can be framed, there is NO reason for any dealer to have illegal transactions at the Mill. Getting the AG to help sounds like a great idea to me. Let them waste their time…
So tell me why I was never once inspected by the PD in all the years that that I was licensed in Acton? Jack.

"Words no longer have meaning" It's Ukase and legalistic argle-bargle all over again.
A good read on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom