• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

Believe me you ain’t missing much. Well one is a shitposting group (mass guns gone wild). The other one is guns of mass. The questions and posts that people ask on their are brutal. Worse than some of the noob NES threads lol
This.... they're both septic tanks of Healeyban apologists, too.

The Mill site is clean. Jack.
What about asbestos? That's an old building and it was common to insulate pipes with it. It can be clean and safe and still have asbestos insulation. Perfectly safe while it's still solid. Super expensive to remove. The old Shoppers World had this issue, most of it in the tunnels below ground level. Ever wonder why the new mall is all slab, slightly higher than the old level. Yup, they just buried most of it right there still on the pipes, solid and safe. I think the furnaces are still under there too.

What about asbestos? That's an old building and it was common to insulate pipes with it. It can be clean and safe and still have asbestos insulation. Perfectly safe while it's still solid. Super expensive to remove. The old Shoppers World had this issue, most of it in the tunnels below ground level. Ever wonder why the new mall is all slab, slightly higher than the old level. Yup, they just buried most of it right there still on the pipes, solid and safe. I think the furnaces are still under there too.
Smaller scale than the mill IF asbestos is on site but I did not find asbestos that expensive to get rid of.
During a large construction project we had to take down 6 buildings where 3 had wrapped pipes and 1 had a wrapped boiler and related storage tank 2 had flooring.
One of the three had a bunch of asbestos HVAC duct work buried in the sand of the slab. That one sucked.

As Jack discussed earlier in the thread there's also a shit pipe sizing problem with the mill, in the respect that if they were going to put residential housing there they would have to put in a new sewer interconnect which would likely cost a shitload of money. Mill ain't going anywhere near term.
I'm sure you're correct near term.

Get some used drums from the Superfund site in W Concord/ Acton line and put them in some dark room in the Mill lol

That will freak the f out of some people.
Too late. Today we had the outside people going room to room looking for any "environmental" issues. I think they were most freaked out by the 55 gallon drums of cutting oil and coolant used by the machine shop on the first floor.

Yes there is lots of asbestos covering piping but that really is not that big a deal. What we want found is PCBs and the best possible chemicals buried under ground from when the place was an elastic factory. That manufacturing process could easily have generated a lot of good shit... That would turn it into a permanent gun shop...

Too late. Today we had the outside people going room to room looking for any "environmental" issues. I think they were most freaked out by the 55 gallon drums of cutting oil and coolant used by the machine shop on the first floor.

Yes there is lots of asbestos covering piping but that really is not that big a deal. What we want found is PCBs and the best possible chemicals buried under ground from when the place was an elastic factory. That manufacturing process could easily have generated a lot of good shit... That would turn it into a permanent gun shop...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T35QhLx_KI

Let the fire department train there and spray PFAS.
We gave them a live training session in my room once already…. It did result in my room getting completely sealed and negative air pressure for mold remediation from all the water soaking into the drywall…

Interesting thing about the fire department. They can be seen walking the building regularly with new department members. As people join the LFD they make sure they know the building as well as possible. It’s a maze…

We gave them a live training session in my room once already…. It did result in my room getting completely sealed and negative air pressure for mold remediation from all the water soaking into the drywall…

Interesting thing about the fire department. They can be seen walking the building regularly with new department members. As people join the LFD they make sure they know the building as well as possible. It’s a maze…
Why were they spraying water in an occupied room?

You are correct, PCB's would be a game changer for any prospective buyers.

Yes there is lots of asbestos covering piping but that really is not that big a deal. What we want found is PCBs and the best possible chemicals buried under ground from when the place was an elastic factory. That manufacturing process could easily have generated a lot of good shit... That would turn it into a perm
The water dep't has test wells all over the parking lot. No issues. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom