Boston globe Mill article

You can just go buy a bag of gluten.

My wife uses it in baking.

View attachment 677463
Which is probably part of the problem. Rather than kneading the dough to build gluten, industrial bakeries just add gluten.

While I don't have any direct, immediate reaction to gluten my doctor assurs me it increases the imflamation they see, based on testing before and after removing it from my diet, and probably contriutes to my migraines.

Has the Mill been sold as I’m hearing?
The Mill is on the market because the current owners (trustees) have other interests and don't wish to be in real estate. Our realtors are working with developers since the best use for the property would be residential/mixed use. The permitting will take a long time. That's all that I know right now. Jack.

The Mill is on the market because the current owners (trustees) have other interests and don't wish to be in real estate. Our realtors are working with developers since the best use for the property would be residential/mixed use. The permitting will take a long time. That's all that I know right now. Jack.
Entirely understandable, but it'll be a sad day.

I predict the Glob will try to claim credit for "shutting down" such evil in the Commiewealth. Of course the Mass and Cass open air drug market will continue to be ignored and remain open for business.

Hmmm, that's disturbing news.

For who?

What developer is starting a residential project permitting process right now?

As an electrician I can tell you, it ain’t the smart ones.
For dealers at the Mill and their customers.
The Mill is right off RT 495 and in the center of Littleton which is a plus and a minus if a developer was thinking of demoing the property.
Yes I'm sure the permitting process would be a total PIA but I'm sure the good Selectman of Littleton would be happy to have the FFL's gone.

The Mill is right off RT 495 and in the center of Littleton which is a plus and a minus if a developer was thinking of demoing the property.
Yes I'm sure the permitting process would be a total PIA but I'm sure the good Selectman of Littleton would be happy to have the FFL's gone.
Thanks for the information.

The Selectmen are actually NOT the problem, and a plurality of them support the FFLs of the Mill. IT is the vocal minority of the town that makes this seem like a biggly dealio.

The Selectmen are actually NOT the problem, and a plurality of them support the FFLs of the Mill. IT is the vocal minority of the town that makes this seem like a biggly dealio.
I agree the problem was the Globe story but now that the Littleton Karens have awoken to the threat we pose to their namby, pamby lives I'm sure the Selectman and COP are not happy and don't want the headaches of dealing with the issue.

Bought a Springfield Armory 1911 there recently.

I agree the problem was the Globe story but now that the Littleton Karens have awoken to the threat we pose to their namby, pamby lives I'm sure the Selectman and COP are not happy and don't want the headaches of dealing with the issue.

hopefully will still be there by the time I get my MA 62F refund.

The selectmen and the COP don't have to deal with shit. It'll be a cold day in hell before anyone is able to shut down small businesses that are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations. And the town can't "just buy" the Mill. They would need three years of meetings just to get the down payment approved. And then they wouldn't know what to do with it. Fill it with "different" tenants? Hell, the rental market sucks. I have three vacancies in the 90,000 sf. No takers. Residential is the only use that there is a market for. My guess is that we are safe for a while yet. Also remember that sooner or later the truth will come out and a lot of people will wonder how to deal with the "80 gun shop" lie. The retards on the select board never thought to check it out and I'm not telling them. Anyone who wants to is welcome to do so. Jack.

Last edited:
The zoning would have to be approved for residential. But, for a property of that size there will be the 40B angle where developer provides 25% "affordable" units in their building enabling them to skirt almost all zoning laws except ADA.

The zoning would have to be approved for residential. But, for a property of that size there will be the 40B angle where developer provides 25% "affordable" units in their building enabling them to skirt almost all zoning laws except ADA.
Unless the town is certified with 10% (I think) of housing units certified as "affordable". 40B is often used as a level for concessions - as in "We' going to take the high road and not talk about 40B or even get into the details of our contingency plan" - playing the 40B card from the bottom of the deck (term stolen from Shaprio's description of Johnny Cochran not-playing playing of the race card in the OJ trial.

As Jack discussed earlier in the thread there's also a shit pipe sizing problem with the mill, in the respect that if they were going to put residential housing there they would have to put in a new sewer interconnect which would likely cost a shitload of money. Mill ain't going anywhere near term.

As Jack discussed earlier in the thread there's also a shit pipe sizing problem with the mill, in the respect that if they were going to put residential housing there they would have to put in a new sewer interconnect which would likely cost a shitload of money. Mill ain't going anywhere near term.
The Mill is now on septic. It will have to be connected to the new system no matter who owns it or what the use is. A developer will need to factor this in. The cost will be more than the current owners would be able to deal with given our affordable rents and current occupancy. Sad but true. Jack.

There kind of already is a mini-mill in Rockland on Liberty Street.
Really? I've seen a huge old building there but I thought it was full of artists.
I thought it was at 992 bedford street in Bridgewater. I’ve never been but only seen chatter on the MA gun Facebook groups
There are MA gun FB groups? Why wasn't I informed?
Sucks for me that the mill is just a little bit too far to make the trip worth....
You're doing it wrong. You need to find two or three guns to buy (or transfer) in order to justify the trip. And the NH border is right nearby. You can bootleg menthols to cover the cost of the gas. It's a system I've worked out.
I just need to go through the thread with a pressure washer.....
Oh, hell, no. If I wanted to listen to pissy old hens shutting down threads I'd be on thehighroad instead of NES. Would I have otherwise been able to eavesdrop on VetteGirlMA and Mesatchornug planning a yoga pants, short shorts, and gun-buying date? That's not ordinarily the kind of topic I'd click on.
That would be an interesting yoga class lol. Everyone is quiet except I'm in the corner asking if I should pick up that new rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmoor [rofl] . That ought to freak out the leftoids lol. "Okay everyone downward facing dog". "Hey @Mesatchornug do you know if they have that rifle in desert camo?" "Okay everyone relax"
Hahaha--I've sometimes been surprised when I've learned that someone is NOT a leftoid. Got an ammo delivery once. The UPS kid recognized the label and started telling me his favorite local stores for getting good ammo prices. Recently bought a money order for a GB purchase. Filled out the MO then went back with my Priority Mail envelope with the label clearly addressed to Somebody's GUN Store. Hahaha--the clerk, normally a very friendly lady with a clear voice, dropped it to a low, conspiratorial volume and asked "Did you buy something new?" "Yup." "My husband just spent about a THOUSAND dollars on a Smith & Wesson! I can't remember what kind, but a THOUSAND dollars on a Smith & Wesson?!" Ya never know.
That tall one in the back right. She knows things...
And her companion soon learned things.

Really? I've seen a huge old building there but I thought it was full of artists.

There are MA gun FB groups? Why wasn't I informed?

You're doing it wrong. You need to find two or three guns to buy (or transfer) in order to justify the trip. And the NH border is right nearby. You can bootleg menthols to cover the cost of the gas. It's a system I've worked out.

Oh, hell, no. If I wanted to listen to pissy old hens shutting down threads I'd be on thehighroad instead of NES. Would I have otherwise been able to eavesdrop on VetteGirlMA and Mesatchornug planning a yoga pants, short shorts, and gun-buying date? That's not ordinarily the kind of topic I'd click on.

Hahaha--I've sometimes been surprised when I've learned that someone is NOT a leftoid. Got an ammo delivery once. The UPS kid recognized the label and started telling me his favorite local stores for getting good ammo prices. Recently bought a money order for a GB purchase. Filled out the MO then went back with my Priority Mail envelope with the label clearly addressed to Somebody's GUN Store. Hahaha--the clerk, normally a very friendly lady with a clear voice, dropped it to a low, conspiratorial volume and asked "Did you buy something new?" "Yup." "My husband just spent about a THOUSAND dollars on a Smith & Wesson! I can't remember what kind, but a THOUSAND dollars on a Smith & Wesson?!" Ya never know.

And her companion soon learned things.
Believe me you ain’t missing much. Well one is a shitposting group (mass guns gone wild). The other one is guns of mass. The questions and posts that people ask on their are brutal. Worse than some of the noob NES threads lol

Just don’t tell them about the toxic waste that exists in the floor boards and in the soil. 55 gallon drums of used Hoppes leaking everywhere. And the radiation from the nuclear waste that was stored there.

I swear I saw a spotted turtle or something similar that’s endangered in the parking lot.

Guess you can’t develop it as a result and has to stay as is.
Spotted salamander! Those pesky critters and their vernal pools have shut down the T from bringing back the South line that used to run through Easton on Rte. 138 for years now!

Believe me you ain’t missing much. Well one is a shitposting group (mass guns gone wild). The other one is guns of mass. The questions and posts that people ask on their are brutal. Worse than some of the noob NES threads lol
Guns of Mass was a circle jerk fest. Granted I haven't been on FB in years now.

I am also willing to be that the Mill site has all sorts of contamination problems to deal with. Remediation is big $$$.

I owned a small business on Mass Northshore. I rented space (with other tenants) in an old factory mill type building. It was cheap money. Late 90's to early 2000's. 4000 sq feet for $2000 a month. Owner of the building died and his kids wanted to cash out. Put the building up for sale. Prime location right in downtown. Worth a couple of million (the land, not the building). Empty lot next door sold. When they started digging for a foundation, the started uncovering hundreds of barrels of toxic waste. Think old leather tanning chemicals. That sale fell through. The buyers and banks started investigating the site I was renting and it was big time contaminated. So no bank would loan any kind of money on the property. On top of having to be a cash sale, it would have to be cleaned up to the tune of millions and millions. And millions.

20+ years later still being rented with no sale.....

Spotted salamander! Those pesky critters and their vernal pools have shut down the T from bringing back the South line that used to run through Easton on Rte. 138 for years now!

Nowadays to catch attention of the virtue signaling liberal middle aged white housewives, just say that a homeless black transgendered lesbian with one leg was spotted sleeping at the Mill. They will turn the Mill into a untouchable historical landmark in 30 days flat while showering their new lord and savior with various gifts and food.

Nowadays to catch attention of the virtue signaling liberal middle aged white housewives, just say that a homeless black transgendered lesbian with one leg was spotted sleeping at the Mill. They will turn the Mill into a untouchable historical landmark in 30 days flat while showering their new lord and savior with various gifts and food.
We just need a transgender ffl holder that looks "put together" and is pro2a and they will run away from the mill like its the bubonic plague and never speak of it ever again..... 🤣

I am also willing to be that the Mill site has all sorts of contamination problems to deal with. Remediation is big $$$.

I owned a small business on Mass Northshore. I rented space (with other tenants) in an old factory mill type building. It was cheap money. Late 90's to early 2000's. 4000 sq feet for $2000 a month. Owner of the building died and his kids wanted to cash out. Put the building up for sale. Prime location right in downtown. Worth a couple of million (the land, not the building). Empty lot next door sold. When they started digging for a foundation, the started uncovering hundreds of barrels of toxic waste. Think old leather tanning chemicals. That sale fell through. The buyers and banks started investigating the site I was renting and it was big time contaminated. So no bank would loan any kind of money on the property. On top of having to be a cash sale, it would have to be cleaned up to the tune of millions and millions. And millions.

20+ years later still being rented with no sale.....
The Mill site is clean. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom