• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

So I just did a little research and, in the last election for Select Board in Littleton (May 7, 2022) there were a total of 1220 votes cast. As of April 1, 2022 there were 992 active class A LTCs in Littleton. If all of the LTC holders voted (and since they have to be over 21 they all should be registered to vote, if not, shame on them) and voted in line with their interests, they could dominate the Littleton Select Board (the top vote getter in the Select Board race won with 698 votes). Unfortunately, not all LTC holders are actually strong supporters of the 2nd, but there should be enough to impact the elections and that's what even local pols react to. (Another note, there are a total of 7,566 registered voters in Littleton, so the LTC holders represent 13.1% of voters, not an insignificant minority. I'm assuming the the number of Littleton LTC holders who hold an LTC based on a business address rather than residency is insignificant.)

So I just did a little research and, in the last election for Select Board in Littleton (May 7, 2022) there were a total of 1220 votes cast. As of April 1, 2022 there were 992 active class A LTCs in Littleton. If all of the LTC holders voted (and since they have to be over 21 they all should be registered to vote, if not, shame on them) and voted in line with their interests, they could dominate the Littleton Select Board (the top vote getter in the Select Board race won with 698 votes). Unfortunately, not all LTC holders are actually strong supporters of the 2nd, but there should be enough to impact the elections and that's what even local pols react to. (Another note, there are a total of 7,566 registered voters in Littleton, so the LTC holders represent 13.1% of voters, not an insignificant minority. I'm assuming the the number of Littleton LTC holders who hold an LTC based on a business address rather than residency is insignificant.)
You need a stealth candidate or the local paper will run a "get out the vote" drive for the anti-Mill contingent.

It is interesting that psychiatry is the only branch of medicine in which politics defines what is and is not an illness. DSM-V does not define homosexuality or transgenderism as a mental disorder, although previous editions did. There was nothing medical about inclusion or exclusion, just a reflection of prevailing social values of the times.
Devil's advocate...

Nut allergies and that gluten free thing. I'm not saying they aren't real issues, but many think those are imagined or exaggerated. It's not just TF and TM / psych.

It's been a while since I've been there. There was some sort of yoga or exercise class on the right as you walked in from the parking lot. That still going?
Yoga, batting cages, volleyball, doggie day care were all done in by the Covid. However, due to my superior management skills they are all occupied now and have been for a while. Jack.

Nut allergies and that gluten free thing. I'm not saying they aren't real issues, but many think those are imagined or exaggerated. It's not just TF and TM / psych.
Gluten intolerance is a real thing with celiac disease - as in diagnosed via a small intestine biopsy, not just declaring one self gluten sensitive.

Gluten intolerance is a real thing with celiac disease - as in diagnosed via a small intestine biopsy, not just declaring one self gluten sensitive.

Celiac is not the only real gluten thing. I know a guy whose marriage nearly disintegrated until he and his wife figured out that when he eats gluten it turns him into a paranoid a**h***.

There's also the people who just claim gluten intolerance because it's trendy. f*** them.

Celiac is not the only real gluten thing. I know a guy whose marriage nearly disintegrated until he and his wife figured out that when he eats gluten it turns him into a paranoid a**h***.

There's also the people who just claim gluten intolerance because it's trendy. f*** them.

View: https://youtu.be/b5SByM75Thg

it's a date!
That would be an interesting yoga class lol. Everyone is quiet except I'm in the corner asking if I should pick up that new rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmoor [rofl] . That ought to freak out the leftoids lol. "Okay everyone downward facing dog". "Hey @Mesatchornug do you know if they have that rifle in desert camo?" "Okay everyone relax"

That would be an interesting yoga class lol. Everyone is quiet except I'm in the corner asking if I should pick up that new rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmoor [rofl] . That ought to freak out the leftoids lol. "Okay everyone downward facing dog". "Hey @Mesatchornug do you know if they have that rifle in desert camo?" "Okay everyone relax"
All I know is I want the one with baby-poop tiger stripes to go with these Rhody short shorts I wore to class...

I did not say it wasn't a real condition. It absolutely IS real.

However, there are fewer people that ACTUALLY HAVE Celiac or similar diseases than there are people that BELIEVE they do.

The faker hurt those that DO deal with the disease, and they should not be tolerated for the same reason that people falsely claiming they were raped hurts real victims. It diminishes what they are facing / dealing with, and casts doubt on them when they genuinely need support.

I will stipulate that some of those fakers probably don't know they're actually not gluten intolerant.

Back
Top Bottom