• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

Guess I know where I’m going to be on Wednesday night. All FFLs in the building should be attending this meeting on Wednesday.
Those who ran their tongues to the press started the juggernaut that does not usually stop. You all should be there, but, well, good luck. It became a political issue in the year of elections. So stupid.

Well. This is going about how I predicted.

Those people who said any free publicity was good publicity now know that’s not true here.

The Fault firmly belongs with the reporters and their agenda. That’s not in question and not a mystery.

But we should know that by know. This isn’t the first time, or second time or even third. We’ve seen it over and over again, the quotes are taken out of context. They use the sound bites to their advantage. Sentences are re-arranged to make it match their narrative.

Loose lips sink ships.

Now the angry pitch fork mob will be at the town meeting. The pressures for the town to buy the mill will rise. New zoning will start to come. They may have to grandfather people, but they have no problem waiting people out.

"They [Boston Globe] quoted her."
A media attribution (quote) doesn't mean anything. The person to whom the quote was attributed may have uttered those words within a context rending their meaning 180 degrees opposite of what the Globe insinuated. This happens every day in publications: Yellow journalism is rampant.

Also the select board was planing to purchase the mill? Huh? How does that work?

“On Monday morning, the Select Board held a closed-door meeting to discuss purchasing the privately owned building so the board could control its fate. That evening, the Planning Board considered drafting a zoning ordinance to strictly limit new gun dealers in town. The select board plans to hold a meeting this week to respond to resident concerns about the Globe’s findings.”

Cue the eminent domain locomotive.

A media attribution (quote) doesn't mean anything. The person to whom the quote was attributed may have uttered those words within a context rending their meaning 180 degrees opposite of what the Globe insinuated. This happens every day in publications: Yellow journalism is rampant.
This. These days I would not even trust them to quote accurately, nevermind in the right context.

So he has recieved "dozens" of calls from clueless, paniced Karens who don't understand the definition of the word "legal".

Why isn't he recieving a couple thousand calls from enthusiastic, law-abiding 2A supporters?
What makes you think he hasn't? Judging by the comments on his Facebook page, most of the comments were pro Mill.

I used to love it when people said shit like that seriously and unironically in the military. Such tools [rofl]
I’m not sure if that’s an insult or not. But that’s why I said it.

Of all the ways to lose your finger is f***ing around with a 40 will get you.. Not only did I leave a burn on my M203. Half a finger was Toast .

I have a whole thread about f***ing sand casting Projectiles to reload you’re 40 mm..

Then I buy an online kit. I still got the scars to prove how bad of an idea that was

Guess I know where I’m going to be on Wednesday night. All FFLs in the building should be attending this meeting on Wednesday.
Mill should have a team of lawyers present and recording devices for accurate meeting minutes.

The minutes/recording of that 'closed door' meeting should be demanded.

Mill should have a team of lawyers present and recording devices for accurate meeting minutes.

The minutes/recording of that 'closed door' meeting should be demanded.

Little doubt, Eldridge was there. He seems to be orchestrating all of this.

You don’t need lawyers for that meeting. I could single-handly show up and shut the entire thing down in about three seconds. When I start talking about how I self identify it It’s possible I could Close the entire issue.
We’ll have to reschedule it, Just let it go on forever.

Injunctions, continuances I’m trying to post a video of my last f***ing meltdown in public. It’s pathetic they scrub the Internet

This state deserves how we are treated as gun owners. Bunch of cucks afraid to exercise our rights and have a place where we can go buy guns and be around like minded individuals.

If it were up to some of you we would have to go buy guns in caves secluded from everyone and we would only speak in whispers.

It should be interesting. The hyperlinks.
Meeting minutes would be nice.
View attachment 666183

View attachment 666187

Upcoming:
View attachment 666186
Anybody local to Littleton MA should go. Even if it's closed, it's good to show a presence that this won't die silently

I wonder if the Mill could be turned into a private club with the admission requirement being an LTC issued in your name and showing a gun to the doorman.
This would have been good to implement before the globe got in. Then again they could have fudds or anti-gunners with LTC’s (ie John Rosenthal) go in?🤷🏻‍♂️

Jack should suggest to the town council (or whatever those bozos are called) that if the mill is zoned out of business a good possible alternative for it would be a rehab into section 8 housing. A suggestion he could also make to the Globe. Watch the panties silently wad up then.
An illegal immigrant hostel.

Remember that I have a lot of businesses in the Mill that are not FFLs. Most of them have been there for a long time. Anyone wanting to screw around with the Mill will have to deal with them also. I've never had a complaint from any one of them about the gun guys. They are in there fat and happy with the reasonable rents. Zoning changes need to be requested by property owners and can take a long time. It's not as simple as it sounds. "Globe findings" are joke. Yes, the Mill is on the market since the current trustees have other interests and don't want to dabble in commercial real estate. My hope has been that a buyer can be found who will manage the property "as is" at least for a while. The best (and really only) new use would be residential and the permitting can take years. That can't be done till the new Littleton sewer system is completed which will be similar to the big dig and cost a fortune. Also, to maximize residential occupancy a land swap will have to be made with Littleton Lumber. So you know all that I know. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom