• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

The Mill probably would of been just fine if all sorts of residents of that building didn't sit down for a friggen interview with people who obviously are up to no good.

This. If the SHTF you can thank them for it. Jack.

I just can't believe that the dealers named in the article spoke to the reporters without knowing full well that whatever they said would be taken out of context and used against us. Jack.
If you want to blame someone (other than the leftist GlobeDimocRAT rag), you can start right here with members who post without thought right in these pages. Remember that the enemy is always watching and I don't mean just Dimples the Tyrant. Some of the stuff posted here in regard to The Mill would be more than enough on its own to wake up the rabid, anti-2A enemy and enable it to cause trouble.

If you want to blame someone (other than the leftist GlobeDimocRAT rag), you can start right here with members who post without thought right in these pages. Remember that the enemy is always watching and I don't mean just Dimples the Tyrant. Some of the stuff posted here in regard to The Mill would be more than enough on its own to wake up the rabid, anti-2A enemy and enable it to cause trouble.
Blame the tyrants, not the proles.

They should receive a letter from a nightmare of a lawyer .
Harassment of a legal business for political purposes.
Lots of zeros in the upcoming lawsuit.

This. You have the Bruen decision. Use it like a f***ing sledgehammer. Tell them to stop threatening rights affirmed by SCOTUS.

This. You have the Bruen decision. Use it like a f***ing sledgehammer. Tell them to stop threatening rights affirmed by SCOTUS.
Bruen says nothing about local zoning or state-controlled business licenses.

It also has nothing to say about what’s being sold at the Mill. Everything they’re selling is legal.

For the record, the Mill property is zoned for both industrial and business. This allows mfg and retail. Always been that way. ATF is fine with that. The bastards in Concord changed the zoning for ONLY our buildings there. However, existing uses were grandfathered and the change could apply only to adding same industrial uses if tenants left which would require a special permit which they would, of course, not grant. Their goal was get rid of all industrial tenants over time. Jack.

For the record, the Mill property is zoned for both industrial and business. This allows mfg and retail. Always been that way. ATF is fine with that. The bastards in Concord changed the zoning for ONLY our buildings there. However, existing uses were grandfathered and the change could apply only to adding same industrial uses if tenants left which would require a special permit which they would, of course, not grant. Their goal was get rid of all industrial tenants over time. Jack.
Concord? Does the trust own another building in Concord?

Concord? Does the trust own another building in Concord?
Not any more. We had 8 buildings in West Concord and sold the last ones about 5 years ago. All those, plus the Mill was just too much friggin work. I did have one FFL tenant there, Cekim, and he went thru holy hell to get a GREEN card. The PD had to come up with a bunch of mickey mouse "regulations" just for him. Jack.

So he has recieved "dozens" of calls from clueless, paniced Karens who don't understand the definition of the word "legal".

Why isn't he recieving a couple thousand calls from enthusiastic, law-abiding 2A supporters?
I'm not a MA resident but did anyone living in MA from here call their local political bags scum to support those dealers?

Just curious..I'll wait!

Last edited:
Bruen says nothing about local zoning or state-controlled business licenses.

It also has nothing to say about what’s being sold at the Mill. Everything they’re selling is legal.

I think you're wrong on this. Bruen states you must have historical precedence for gun laws. There is no historical precedent for blocking firearms stores.

It's better to be offensive in legal battles than defensive. Attack them first. Set the record from the start. Waiting for legal action is a losing strategy. I've seen "trying to be the good guy" backfire.

Put Scrivener on speed dial.

Not sure if serious or tongue in cheek but this is a serious consideration. We need to get in front of this with the town and have a lawyer be at these town meetings. We need to be ready for the inevitable push by the town to close this down. I’m very serious on this. All FFLs in the building should put money into this as a retainer for said lawyer.

I’m a very small FFL there and my business license and gun licenses are up for renewal in the spring. Pretty sure it’s going to get harder. No business license and I’m done and too small to take the town on. If we all get a lawyer together everyone can potentially have coverage in case the town gets uppity.

I can believe it.

Long ago, I gave up being surprised by the stupidity of people. Myself included.

I know a few of the people who spoke to the media. While I don't know them well and haven't seen any of them probably for 10 years... I had always considered these people to be smart and well spoken.

What came from this news piece shattered that assumption and I'm sad to see it. I don't know what gets into people's minds when they fall into some of the most obvious traps possible.

Hell, even if TFB came there I'd still say its probably best to ask them NOT to put out an article about it. It's not like Littleton MA is in NH or FL or another gun friendly state. It's not even close. The Mill is in the center of hostile territory and there's ZERO reason to attract any outside attention to it.

I didn’t realize the mill owner was an anti gunner?
From the article:
In the meantime, some Littleton officials hope a developer will make all the gun dealers disappear. The sprawling 19-century industrial building has been listed for sale since the longtime owner died in April and control of the property went to his widow and the daughters of his late business partner.

“This is not a situation that we would have chosen,” Wilhelmina Ulbrich, one of the heirs, told the Globe in July. “The fact that this kind of industry is allowed to happen in this country is kind of mind-boggling.”

Also the select board was planing to purchase the mill? Huh? How does that work?

“On Monday morning, the Select Board held a closed-door meeting to discuss purchasing the privately owned building so the board could control its fate. That evening, the Planning Board considered drafting a zoning ordinance to strictly limit new gun dealers in town. The select board plans to hold a meeting this week to respond to resident concerns about the Globe’s findings.”

I think you're wrong on this. Bruen states you must have historical precedence for gun laws. There is no historical precedent for blocking firearms stores.

If you think a zoning change that aims to get rid of gun sellers is going to be phrased as a zoning change to get rid of gun sellers, you don't know enough lawyers.

If the town wants this badly enough, the word "gun" will not show up anywhere in what they eventually pass. Personally, I doubt they'll be able to shut down the Mill, but what do I know?

no "grenade launcher" [rofl]
That’s the biggest joke ever because by no grenade launcher they’re not talking about what you think they’re talking about. You could have an M203.. a real fortay…
What they were talking about banning with law is basically nonexistent to begin with..

The ultimate irony is I have my 40 Mike Mike attached to a pre-ban firearm that’s also a machine gun..

In America you can do whatever you want if you have money. If you’re poor you don’t have any rights. Rights aren’t real by the way you just have to pay for Your permission slip.

Now get in line to take your goddamn Covid vaccine or else

Last edited:
Also the select board was planing to purchase the mill? Huh? How does that work?

“On Monday morning, the Select Board held a closed-door meeting to discuss purchasing the privately owned building so the board could control its fate. That evening, the Planning Board considered drafting a zoning ordinance to strictly limit new gun dealers in town. The select board plans to hold a meeting this week to respond to resident concerns about the Globe’s findings.”
It should be interesting. The hyperlinks.
Meeting minutes would be nice.
1664115194978.png

1664115575877.jpeg

Upcoming:
1664115492677.png

Last edited:
I didn’t realize the mill owner was an anti gunner?
From the article:
In the meantime, some Littleton officials hope a developer will make all the gun dealers disappear. The sprawling 19-century industrial building has been listed for sale since the longtime owner died in April and control of the property went to his widow and the daughters of his late business partner.

“This is not a situation that we would have chosen,” Wilhelmina Ulbrich, one of the heirs, told the Globe in July. “The fact that this kind of industry is allowed to happen in this country is kind of mind-boggling.”
Don't go by what you hear second hand. Joe Collins was one of the trustees and was always called the "owner" because he was only one to spend time at the Mill. Joe was an avid hunter who took a black rhino in Africa in the '60s which put him in the record book. He took a moose in Maine and another in NH not too long ago. I was with him for the NH one. His wife was with him for the Maine one. Both big bulls. Joe also hunted deer with us in Mass, NH and Maine. Joe also was an 07 at the Mill just to be "one of the boys". Willy has lived in Maine for many years and I would take that quote with a grain of salt. Joe and Koni Ulbrich and I go back 50 years and I know what I'm talking about. Jack.

Don't go by what you hear second hand. Joe Collins was one of the trustees and was always called the "owner" because he was only one to spend time at the Mill. Joe was an avid hunter who took a black rhino in Africa in the '60s which put him in the record book. He took a moose in Maine and another in NH not too long ago. I was with him for the NH one. His wife was with him for the Maine one. Both big bulls. Joe also hunted deer with us in Mass, NH and Maine. Joe also was an 07 at the Mill just to be "one of the boys". Willy has lived in Maine for many years and I would take that quote with a grain of salt. Joe and Koni Ulbrich and I go back 50 years and I know what I'm talking about. Jack.
They quoted her.

Did she say it or not.

Back
Top Bottom